What's new

33 Chevy

About damn time, that's what I call a hot rod. Let er RIP! Stoked to see how far you come along. Can't wait till you tear up the street
ugh, me too. Man I've been working on this shit since 2019 I think, it's slow going, can't wait to drive it! everything just keeps getting in the way :lmao:

ugh, me too. Man I've been working on this shit since 2019 I think, it's slow going, can't wait to drive it! everything just keeps getting in the way :lmao:
That’s only two years. Try ten years and then go back and change stuff decided to do different. Just kidding, nice work.

Headers that I ordered a damn year ago finally shipped. I wanted headers that would more easily provide a longer exit pipe to allow space for an o2 sensor so I can eventually run EFI. I'm not smart with carburetors, and I've heard good things about modern EFI conversions. I contacted Holly and FiTech, and they both suggested having almost 2 feet of straight pipe after the o2 sensor. For some reason you can't put it right at the end of the header/pipe. meh.

The other deciding factor on ditching the "lakes" style headers, is that after watching an episode of Engine Masters, the "lakes" style headers were a huge performance hit. They look cool as fuck, but drop quite a bit of power. I'm not building a power monster, but I'd like to not kill huge amounts of it just for cool looking headers.

I'd love to say that waiting on these headers has slowed me down. But honestly... it hasn't. :laughing:

Well shit. The headers don't fit like I'd like them to. So..... looks like I'll be making headers soon. Should be fun, and will end up fitting the truck a lot better.

I contacted Holly and FiTech, and they both suggested having almost 2 feet of straight pipe after the o2 sensor. For some reason you can't put it right at the end of the header/pipe. meh.

Bummer about those headers not working out. As for pipe after the O2, it's so you don't get false readings from uncontrolled air being read by the O2 sensor and either run mega rich or turn your piston into a liquid.

Top Back Refresh