What's new

2nd gen 4runner SAS jig placement?

123danb

Member Number
Got a Skys SAS kit I'm going to be putting on my 4runner, just have a question about jig placement for cutting the hole for the frame tubes. From what I have gathered online there is a little "window" in the frame under the body mount where as my 2nd gen 4runner has a little plate over it that is welded on the inside of where the mount meets the frame. Skys instructions say move jig all the way forward but i cant get as far as them because of the weld, trail gears say to center it. I found 2 pics online, one looks to be "centered" more or less and the other looks to me like they cut out that little window plate thing / weld to get it more forward? What is best / which should i do? Remove little plate thing / the weld and slide jig as forward as I can or just slap it in the center? The leafs I'm using are Skys 3f Crawler springs if that matters, and the kit has boomerang shackles.
1000005369.jpg
1000005256.jpg
1000005220.jpg

the beads on the welding on that "little plate" look kinda, um, cold? it can't be factory, can it? i'm a 1st-gen guy, i don't know what they did with later models, but i'd be inclined to remove the plate, what was it used for?

if all else fails, call sky up... the tg instructions might for instance not be for the same spring lengths?

the beads on the welding on that "little plate" look kinda, um, cold? it can't be factory, can it? i'm a 1st-gen guy, i don't know what they did with later models, but i'd be inclined to remove the plate, what was it used for?

if all else fails, call sky up... the tg instructions might for instance not be for the same spring lengths?
Those are factory.

Top Back Refresh