What's new

'21/'22 snow thread.

Saw a few flakes falling yesterday morning. Nothing noticeable on the ground.

Still dark here, so no pics, but we got about 1" - 2" over night. It's 25* so it stuck. I was hoping for a big reaction from the 5 dogs since
they've never seen snow, but they didn't react at all.

40f and raining here this morning. First precip I've seen in probably 6 months. :eek:

People forgot how to drive. :flipoff:

40f and raining here this morning. First precip I've seen in probably 6 months. :eek:

People forgot how to drive. :flipoff:
I drove our granddaughter to work this morning at 6:45am and everyone was being reasonable on the road.

27 and a dusting overnight on top of the 3” we got 2 nights ago. 55 and rain tomorrow :mad3:

It got light enough for a pic. Not much, but the first that stuck since we got here.
thumbnail_20211210_074204.jpg

04079165-8ED7-43B9-B04F-91772324EEFE.jpeg

Several inches accumulated overnight here. Probably be warm and melt it off over the weekend. Been dry for a while for sure.

18 degrees and some light snow flurries today on top of the inch or so we got the day before yesterday. Forecast for tomorrow is freezing rain followed by regular rain so I’m expecting what we have today to disappear tomorrow

Sounds like some decent snow is coming to the Sierras, can't wait to head up to Uncle Tom's and make sure they've still got beer in the fridge :beer:.

Reactions: Clb
Sounds like some decent snow is coming to the Sierras, can't wait to head up to Uncle Tom's and make sure they've still got beer in the fridge :beer:.
When it snowed in the mountains east of San Diego I stayed FAR away from them as it seemed like EVERYONE went up there to play in the snow and it was gridlocked. Complete lunacy.

When it snowed in the mountains east of San Diego I stayed FAR away from them as it seemed like EVERYONE went up there to play in the snow and it was gridlocked. Complete lunacy.
Yep, I'm the same way for the most part. Probably won't go up on the weekend, see if I can get out on a weekday when everyone will be busy

Oh yeah. Took the kids up to Mt Laguna last year to see the snow. Took us the better part of two hours to go like 5 miles up the mountain. Total shit show.

With MET closed, going to be lots of folks packing the other areas.
Yeah, pretty bummed about that. This winter in particular is going to be crazy busy. Hopefully I can still find some reasonable times to explore early in the week though. If not, maybe explore the back side of Signal Peak from Eagle Lakes

Gunna suck pondwater for us, due to the working stiffs in my club.
Lets pray for coldfronts:smokin:

Well, it's snowing again. Just started, so we'll see how much we get this time. Sharon's out getting her nails done and it was sunny when she left. :laughing:
thumbnail_20211214_111207.jpg

Last edited:
No pics, but... co-worker came in this morning and showed me a group text thread he had with his family. His parents were somewhere up by Auburn, Ca. and got snow at their house. Normal. Then his nephew texted back from right down town San Francisco with a picture of snow covered streets. WTF.

first snow of the season here last night. about 2-3"

Attachments

• IMG_2021-12-14_07-22-31.jpg
    IMG_2021-12-14_07-22-31.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 21
IMG_20211214_075011_01.jpg

About 5" last night. Great day to go clean swimming pools
I feel retarded being surprised anytime someone mentions snow in California. I forget there are mountains there and that snow is a regular occurence :homer:

I feel retarded being surprised anytime someone mentions snow in California. I forget there are mountains there and that snow is a regular occurence :homer:
I see snow about 100x more than I see the beach, and that's the way I prefer it.

I live about 30 min from where the Donner Party had lunch:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh