What's new

2021 Bronco

That's just the redneck version of a bro-dozer....

Prove me wrong. :flipoff2:

With the ifs and tires completely outside the body it looks more like an R/C truck than a real one.

No shit :flipoff2:

I never said I do it, but I remember thinking wide ass boggers were super cool when I was like 12 :laughing:

My wife currently has 3800 miles on hers and she really enjoys it!

We put a 2" RC spacer lift on it weekend before last and it wasn't too hard, just had to follow the instructions. My wife had the retro badging and strips put on it. The Bronco is currently sporting 35x10.5r17 on Fuel wheels. She ordered the lighted bronco letters, but looks like they are on back order. Next is to wait until there is some more options for a winch bumper and get a winch bumper and winch on it. Planning to go to Big Bend with it in April and maybe do a end of summer trip with it to Colorado or New Mexico.

The day she got the badges and stripes.
20220105_170208.jpg

Rolling into our shop to ge the lift on-
271946140_5133720219973824_3048579584030601110_n.jpg

With the new tires, wheels and lift-
image000000.jpg

Hmmmm…..what are you gonna built with the pile of parts?

My buddy is resto-modding a scout II. Doing a full frame off restoration, had the frame blasted and underlined (some kind of rubbery paint), dropped an a built LS engine in it, 4l60E, 205 or 208 t-case (can't remember). Already has the floor pans replaced, just did the cage last week, bed liner' the under side and inside. He got it running last night, finishing the wiring and then it's off to the body shop. When it gets back from body shop we have to pull the front axle, cut the C off and rotate the housing -4 degrees, then install the rear disc brake kit.

This pic is a couple weeks old, front clip is back on now, the entire thing is covered in primer, cage is in, fire wall is painted black, and custom aluminum radiator is on.
20220108_162849.jpg

Suspicions confirmed. The only people I’ve seen driving them are women. These are the new trail tampons of the 21st century. :usa:

Is it really much different from jeeps as far as client demographic goes? Moms that need an suv and want something different than the typical crossover, or single guy in his 20's that weekend warriors it...? Our bronco is my wife's d/d, and it won't see any hard wheeling (possibly ever) during the time it's my wife's d/d, but it will see some scenic offroading on mild trails and beach cruising.

The new raptor one is sporty/ugly Af

Attachments

• 99E47B0D-9582-4251-8BC2-9F363DC1301A.jpeg
    99E47B0D-9582-4251-8BC2-9F363DC1301A.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 9B8BE6EA-2ED8-4924-8F6A-2587C6584197.jpeg
    9B8BE6EA-2ED8-4924-8F6A-2587C6584197.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 96584886-6BE1-45F6-AA90-A0CF62BAADBD.jpeg
    96584886-6BE1-45F6-AA90-A0CF62BAADBD.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 30
What was the final order? I'm guessing that's not the braptor?
No the delar laughed at me and said the next 9 they will get over 3 years are already paid in full.

4dr hard top badlands with mid electronics package.
Should have 4.70 axle gears, front and rear lockers, auto disconect sway bars, 3-1 case, and the 4cyl 7spd.

Going to throw some 37s on beadlocks under it first and rcvs 2nd, and wheel it for the summer. After that who knows what direction it will take

You already pick up a pair of tons and link kits for the build? :grinpimp:
If i find myself exceding its limits this summer or next it will end up getting dropped off at WFO to get all the cool guy stuff thrown at it. Tons or better, atlas, hydro assist, 42s, ect.

In my head this is going to stay mild and my samurai thing get more built

No the delar laughed at me and said the next 9 they will get over 3 years are already paid in full.

Should have 4.70 axle gears, front and rear lockers, auto disconect sway bars, 3-1 case, and the 4cyl 7spd.

Going to throw some 37s on beadlocks under it first and rcvs 2nd, and wheel it for the summer. After that who knows what direction it will take

I'm surprised you went manual since you seem to go auto with all your offroad stuff.

That 7 speed looks sweet. I'm hoping they offer it in the ranger.

Yeah im suprised to :laughing: i mainly was into the 4cyl and didnt want the auto with the smaller motor. Also the super low 1st seemed cool
Not that it’s a direct comparison, but I loved driving my 6spd lj but wheeling it in the rocks, I almost always found myself between gears. It swayed me enough that I bought an auto jk….. which gets driven more than wheeled… At least the wife is willing to hop in and drive with auto. She could drive the manual, but didn’t find the same pleasure in it that I did.

did you order it from your local dealership?

or a place you found online, offering deals.. etc..

Bronco 6g seems to be the go to forum for all things bronco... anyhow someone on there had compiled a list of all delarships that do not charge a dealer mark up.
There was one about 50 miles from my home. I did the pre-order on fords website and then they called me into the delarship to complete everything.

Friend put his name on the list for one about a month after announcement. Ordered it a while ago last year. Ordered it with the soft top to try to get it sooner. Top of the line Wildtrak trim and such. Built in Feb 2022. Waiting on computers. Delivery expected May 2022. Ford’s fault or not they really botched the Bronco ordering/delivery. If he knew he would wait this long he would have got the hardtop.

No tie rod or steering rack upgrade?
Tie rod breakage is the main reason I don't have 37's on my Basesquatch yet.

Friend put his name on the list for one about a month after announcement. Ordered it a while ago last year. Ordered it with the soft top to try to get it sooner. Top of the line Wildtrak trim and such. Built in Feb 2022. Waiting on computers. Delivery expected May 2022. Ford’s fault or not they really botched the Bronco ordering/delivery. If he knew he would wait this long he would have got the hardtop.
Huh. I wonder if there are other things with his build. I switched to soft and have had mine since September.

Looked at one yesterday in PHX waiting for visitor hours to open so I could see my wife at the hospital recovery room.

It had the dumbest aftermarket fender flairs. Basically piece of what looked like 1/8" round stock for the outside profile, tack welded every few inches to a piece of flat stock to make the top, then tack welded to the lazer cut backing bracket.

Seemed like a shopping car would tweak em.

Asthetics, fine whatever. Construction? wtf?

Screenshot_20220327-065017_Samsung Internet.jpg

No tie rod or steering rack upgrade?
Tie rod breakage is the main reason I don't have 37's on my Basesquatch yet.
Its a thought. I havnt looked into it that much to be honest. I wasnt aware it was a huge issue outside of a couple guys beating thier shot on 40s.

Is there a "go to" kit or solution yet?

Yeah im suprised to :laughing: i mainly was into the 4cyl and didnt want the auto with the smaller motor. Also the super low 1st seemed cool
So did you go with the 4 cyl over the 6? Why do you like it better, if so?

Finally got a minute to break the seal on our little virgin yesterday. 6 on 5 1/2 lug pattern. I have 5 of the old trail gear bead locks from my old race car. Tried to put them on it, the 17x9 3 1/2” back spaced wheels clear 35x12.5x17’s with no lift no problem except, the center of the wheel hits the caliper brackets. We dismounted the tires and tomorrow our machinist is going to knock 5/16” off of the center to make everything fit and play nice. Took the top and all the doors off. Taking it to Moab next week to go 4 wheeling.

We haven’t removed it yet (coming off soon though) but it does have the factory hitch. I wasn’t sure because I kept forgetting to look. The more I’m around it the cooler I think it is. These things are the easiest new vehicle to work I’ve seen in a long ass time. The entire body skin unbolts, even the rear sides. Looks like you could repair almost anything but the main tub yourself no problem.

Top Back Refresh