What's new

2021 Bronco

7 speed manual transmission?

Am I the only one who thinks that would be an absolute pain in the ass to daily drive?
It's really just a 6 speed, with a super deep "crawler" gear that you won't use in everyday driving.

Well, maybe when traffic is moving at 1mph on the highway.

the manual almost makes it tempting to opt out of the 2.7 to get the 2.3 and 7 speed.. but if I’m doing one it’s gonna be the 2.7 and Sasquatch

The whole deal is a pile of bullshit..Real Broncos are back ordered into 2022. The Bronco at the dealer has a home , but not with me....I have no interest at my age waiting 6 months for a vehicle...Jeez, I might be dead by then, lol.

The dealer called and said if I want the car, now is the time to buy it. It is not a demo...Going down tomorrow morning. Don't like the color at all so according to the dealer I can order one to suit my tastes...
But how long is the wait for an ordered Bronco?
So did they attempt a bait and switch then? They called you to have you come look at picking it up but it’s already sold? Trying to get you to bid the price up?

The one thing I can never understand about these reboots, is that people absolutely LOVE the originals. This goes for everything, like a 70’ Demon, 69’ Charger, 70’ Mustang, 70’ Blazer, 66’-77’ Bronco, etc.

Why not just make exact replicas and sell them?

Jeep ALMOST nailed it with their first truck concept. It looked just like a J series truck. Then they released a stupid looking pile of garbage truck instead.

Does anyone know why they don’t just give us replicas with EFI, ABS, and whatever other modern conveniences they want in them? Why redesign everything?

The whole deal is a pile of bullshit..Real Broncos are back ordered into 2022. The Bronco at the dealer has a home , but not with me....I have no interest at my age waiting 6 months for a vehicle...Jeez, I might be dead by then, lol.
Shit, they are most likely backordered into 2023 if you want things like lockers, a receiver on the back, or a hardtop. Ford can't get their head out of their ass on this launch.

The one thing I can never understand about these reboots, is that people absolutely LOVE the originals. This goes for everything, like a 70’ Demon, 69’ Charger, 70’ Mustang, 70’ Blazer, 66’-77’ Bronco, etc.

Jeep ALMOST nailed it with their first truck concept. It looked just like a J series truck. Then they released a stupid looking pile of garbage truck instead.

Does anyone know why they don’t just give us replicas with EFI, ABS, and whatever other modern conveniences they want in them? Why redesign everything?
Because they wouldn't sell. Sure some would, but most old car guys don't buy new cars. Listening to a minority of buyers isn't good business. Look at the new gto for an example

Also, you cant fit all the safety shit needed for a new car in an old one easily

Last edited:
7 speed manual transmission?

Am I the only one who thinks that would be an absolute pain in the ass to daily drive?
6 speed with a granny gear.
Pattern:

R 1 3 5
C 2 4 6

There's a collar to pull up a little to go into Crawl, pull up further to go into Reverse.

I’m a bronco fan, have several of them and think I want a new one when it makes sense to get one.

I’m a bronco fan, have several of them and think I want a new one when it makes sense to get one. I don’t have any interest in having an EB. Going to need to replace the wifeys aging XTerra. The new bronco ticks all our boxes.

Yes.In addition I was told on the phone to come and look on the lot and if I don't see something, I can order it. The new vehicle inventories are listed online..The dealer has a few small crossover SUV's and a few PU trucks, nothing more. Checking several more Ford dealers, same situation ,little inventory.
There are zero Broncos to be had other than the Sport crossover. I have no idea how the dealer got ahold of one...
So did they attempt a bait and switch then? They called you to have you come look at picking it up but it’s already sold? Trying to get you to bid the price up?

yup, dumb as shit to do it that way.

the electric mustang is still a worse move, by not just giving it a new name, but this double sized release at tthe same time will rank up there :laughing:
I've read that it was an issue of having to get the average mileage on the mustang line back into something reasonable, after a few years of selling too many GT's and super GT's of various types. It was apparently on the verge of getting slapped with a gas guzzler tax or something stupid like that across the board..

But there are companies that make and sell exact replicas sort of. One that comes to mind sells the FJ40. I showed one to my GF and expressed my desire for it, she just shakes her head and says WTF 50K for that? If I had an extra 150K just sitting around you better bet I would buy one.

However I like most of us are the minority and the sole reason these companies exist, just not enough demand to mass produce them without the demand.

I did a lot of business with this company years ago procuring FJ40 parts for their builds.

ICON4x4 • HAND MADE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

I know everyone is dogging on the Bronco sport, and although I wouldn't own one... I see it as the same situation as early 90's.. You had the Bronco II which was a compact SUV and the full size bronco... Kind of like it will be when the new bronco is out. I've seen a bunch of bronco sports and they look alright. I woulnd't want one, but they look pretty good... IMO.

I know everyone is dogging on the Bronco sport, and although I wouldn't own one... I see it as the same situation as early 90's.. You had the Bronco II which was a compact SUV and the full size bronco... Kind of like it will be when the new bronco is out. I've seen a bunch of bronco sports and they look alright. I woulnd't want one, but they look pretty good... IMO.

Have to admit that we came this >< close to buying a Bronco Sport for the wife. However, the Badlands package equipped one was not available at the time, and wait time was sketchy due to the chip shortage. Went to look at them and as you say, from the outside they were ok. The interior however was disappointing and too "plastic-y" and lacked features for the wife's taste. The four cylinder engine was another disappointment, with no 6 cylinder option.

that new Maverick pickup looks like they're going to try to compete with the Ridgeline. Same with the Hyundai Santa Cruz (which is by far the ugliest of the 3)

Agree... no different then any other crossover really, with the exception of an electric locker which bumps it up in the line for me.

cruising online the other day, showed the local dealer had a few bronco sports and a few new F250's. it's been rainy all weekend, so figured what the hell and went down there to go cruise the lot.

salesman walks out, basically said they don't have shit. heck, they even have fuckall for used cars right now. kind of surprised. bronco sports don't last a day on their lot and he hasn't seen a new regular cab 8' bed f250 in ages. oh well.

just wanted to go grope a few things so that i have a bit of an idea in a decade or so when they get down to my price range :laughing:

As mentioned.

Safety standards
Emission standards
Cost to build (everything is designed with ease of assembly a very high priority)
People don't actually want a replica, they think they do, but if it was exact, it would feel like a pile of shit compared to a new camry/accord/whatever. A new camry runs a 14.4 1/4 which the same a 69 chevelle 396 ss :laughing:

I actually like the camaro/challenger/mustangs right now, with the challenger looking the best. The 2 door bronco is pretty reminiscent of the EB and has a lot of cool features. It will sell. I think a straight front axle and a 5.0 V8 option would have been cool, but I know it is the way it is.

I'm looking forward to these and the Gladiators in ten years. Seem to be a decent platform to start something on.

The four cylinder engine was another disappointment, with no 6 cylinder option.

Probably because it was a 3 cylinder :laughing: Only the Badlands and 2000 "First Edition" models have the turbo 2.0L I4.

It will sell. I think a straight front axle and a 5.0 V8 option would have been cool, but I know it is the way it is.

I am sure there will be a butt load of them on the road once Ford starts pumping them out. Had they come out with a 5.0L with the 7 speed manual and a solid front axle, I would have ordered one, but the IFS and 7 speed only available on the 4 cylinder killed it for me. I don't understand why Ford came out with a bad ass 7 speed manual but only offers it with the 4 cylinder when it has a torque rating high enough for the 6 cylinder or a 5.0L :confused:

This will be the first Bronco ever without a V8 :frown:

Probably because it was a 3 cylinder :laughing: Only the Badlands and 2000 "First Edition" models have the turbo 2.0L I4.

I am sure there will be a butt load of them on the road once Ford starts pumping them out. Had they come out with a 5.0L with the 7 speed manual and a solid front axle, I would have ordered one, but the IFS and 7 speed only available on the 4 cylinder killed it for me. I don't understand why Ford came out with a bad ass 7 speed manual but only offers it with the 4 cylinder when it has a torque rating high enough for the 6 cylinder or a 5.0L :confused:

Bronco IIs came with a v8 option? Ive never seen one.

I mean jeep hasn't had a wrangler/CJ with a V8 in? 40 years? Maybe they want to wait on releasing a V8 version. Ford has a hard on for the eco boost platform, and I'll admit, I'm impressed with the 2.7 in the wife's F150. It builds boost and power at such a low RPM, even compared to a 6.2 Ford.

I'd probably be totally fine with the 4cyl 7 spd.

I mean jeep hasn't had a wrangler/CJ with a V8 in? 40 years? Maybe they want to wait on releasing a V8 version. Ford has a hard on for the eco boost platform, and I'll admit, I'm impressed with the 2.7 in the wife's F150. It builds boost and power at such a low RPM, even compared to a 6.2 Ford.

I'd probably be totally fine with the 4cyl 7 spd.
You can get a 392 wrangler from the factory but you’ve got to pay out the ass for it

You can get a 392 wrangler from the factory but you’ve got to pay out the ass for it
after 40 years, and coming soon (buddy put his order in at 7:01 on order day and finally has notice it is in paint.)

Top Back Refresh