What's new

2013 caprice

I have been wanting one for a while. and I got this one yesterday. what are the suggestions besides pealing the wrap and a deep clean? I figure it will be my beater for a while back and forth to work.
https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2692363

I would not have paid $5k for that personally.

What advice are you looking for?

You want a beater to drive to work with, looks like you got it.

Peal the wrap off and drive it.

At least all the fulids should have been changed according to schedule so I cannot see much needing to be done to it.

hell that's the best deal I have seen on one in a while. a good detail will damn near double my money. 6.0 powered sedans don't go cheap around here.
I'm holding off on the DONK fantasies.

I would not have paid $5k for that personally.

What advice are you looking for?

You want a beater to drive to work with, looks like you got it.

Peal the wrap off and drive it.

At least all the fulids should have been changed according to schedule so I cannot see much needing to be done to it.

I just read your post in the rant thread :lmao: I think I would take the Caprice.

My buddy has a pretty cool one. He did some head work, cam, headers, and had it dyno tuned. He put a Camaro rear diff in it and did some work to the trans. It whips some pretty good donuts and is respectably quick.

I'd check the valve lift to see how much of the cam lobes are left, when the trans starts acting stupid drop $500 on a new solenoid pack which will require a dealer program.

Ever driven one? That looks to be a PPV not just a caprice. The PPVs are pretty damn hot and handle really well. They handle so much better than the Chargers.

Really, a run of the mill Chevy handles as well as a supercar Charger? Nah. What did GM figure out 0.5* of suspension angle?

Truth be told FCA uses the cheapest interchangeable material, but off the showroom no GM is markedly better than a Dodge.

Really, a run of the mill Chevy handles as well as a supercar Charger? Nah. What did GM figure out 0.5* of suspension angle?

Truth be told FCA uses the cheapest interchangeable material, but off the showroom no GM is markedly better than a Dodge.

Shut the fuck up everdouche. You are such a little ****. Have you ever driven one of the PPVs? No you havent. Ive put thousands of miles on both LE versions of the Charger and the PPV.

What’s the Tranny? Seems like good power/performance per dollar if it’s the 6.0. Unless it’s the 4l60.

I’d pull the decals off, detail it and drive the shit out of that. Maybe do headers and exhaust

Shut the fuck up everdouche. You are such a little ****. Have you ever driven one of the PPVs? No you havent. Ive put thousands of miles on both LE versions of the Charger and the PPV.

What does PPV stand for? :homer:

It's a black sedan with a 6.0, I'm thinking of you don't go full retard with a turbo, at least cam exhaust tune and exhaust cutouts :grinpimp:

I have a 09 G8 GT, so they are step siblings.

First thing would be to check the Front stut mounts, they collapse over time and cause a shimmy in the front end. Second if you want some more fun would be tune, intake and long tubes. Personal preference would be to swap wheels to something less cop like.

If you want a bit more fun, the Camaro rear diff with the 3.27 (SS Auto $350ish) or 3.45 (SS Manual $550ish) is both a strength and gear upgrade over the factory diff with 2.92s. Just make sure not to get duped on a base model camaro diff as they don't have a Limited Slip.

What’s the Tranny? Seems like good power/performance per dollar if it’s the 6.0. Unless it’s the 4l60.

6L80E

But you could still be a dumbass, and you appear to be one by requiring that I accept your experience as evidence.

How are you so consistently and impressively ignorant?

Why are you a non-GCC poster coming in here to challenge me? Stick to your TIG welding and anti-squat, Savant.

This is Big Boy time, go back to your welds and unarticulated knowledge. I'm not the game for you Captain.

Top Back Refresh