What's new

2000 GMC W4500

1000002331.jpg

I hate rust repair. Hacked this out and patched. Ain't nice but its not a hole.
1000002334.jpg

1000002344.jpg

Knocked out the headache rack. More just to stiffen the bed than cab protection. A crane is going in front of this. It's notch is to allow long stuff beside the cab.
1000002345.jpg

Probably make a front porch, maybe with a winch and vise.

I thought I sent along 3 sets of lights for each side? Two red, one white?

I thought I sent along 3 sets of lights for each side? Two red, one white?
Only thing I had was the factory isuzu light housings that were on it. Rev/stop/turn.

One was cracked and they wouldn't fit well with the body anyways.

If those are the semi truck sized ones they make a light that has some white reverse LEDs in the middle of the red.

So crane goes behind cab. Thoughts on slew axis centered, offset a little bit passenger over frame rail, offset further passenger outboard of frame rail?

I've got the mounting plate burned out and working on the mounting frame. I'll grab some pics tomorrow.

So crane goes behind cab. Thoughts on slew axis centered, offset a little bit passenger over frame rail, offset further passenger outboard of frame rail?

I've got the mounting plate burned out and working on the mounting frame. I'll grab some pics tomorrow.
I'd offset it as much as possible. I forget how much reach you have?

are you the sort to try to use it without the outriggers down?
centered

if you're fine with putting down at least two of the legs every time then offset it right to the edge

are you the sort to try to use it without the outriggers down?
centered

if you're fine with putting down at least two of the legs every time then offset it right to the edge
Truck is really too light to not use outriggers.

Symmetry/balance play a part in my mental health too but is easily overcome if it's purposeful.

Also need space for the control box. I've got to see where that's going to fit.

mine was right on the edge of the flatbed, was kinda nice being able to park shit that wasn't full deck width up past the crane column
suppose you'll be leaving enough room to haul long stock along the passenger's side door, though

Top Back Refresh