What's new

1996 F250 Shop Truck

What wheel seals did you go with on rear hubs?

What front springs are you running? It looks like you got rid of the stiffer ttb springs?

What did you do for the rear lift?

Nice truck:smokin:

Where is your irate salute?
IMG_3153.JPG

:flipoff2:
How much for the knuckles (and calipers if you're not re-using them)?

You sure that's a 96? 96 should have bolt on calipers not the rubber pin calipers?

How much for the knuckles (and calipers if you're not re-using them)?

You sure that's a 96? 96 should have bolt on calipers not the rubber pin calipers?
That was an 87', the axle went under the f350 that donated its D60 and was later sold. I'm not OP

What wheel seals did you go with on rear hubs?

What front springs are you running? It looks like you got rid of the stiffer ttb springs?

What did you do for the rear lift?

Nice truck:smokin:

Where is your irate salute?

:flipoff2:
I used motorcraft inner axle seals, ordered those online.

The front springs are the factory springs from the 94 F350. I also took the factory block from the rear of the donor f350. The F350 sat quite a bit higher and the block in the back is 2 inches taller than the stock F250 block. Currently the truck sits nearly level, it has a very slight rake towards the back (1/2 inch).

I am considering getting Skysoffroad 5 inch block to put in the back and make it dead level but they want a lot of money for a lift block.

Were those motorcraft seals two piece seals? Just curious, been taking a dive into sterling wheel seals lately due to an issue with my 97'.

Maybe a big block swap will help solve your rake issue without having to add more rear block and increase axle wrap.:grinpimp:

I'm personally not a fan of rear shackle flips in applications like this because they lead to more axle wrap and dont handle a load quite as well.

Pmf is a bit more reasonable than sky and may be a better option depending on where you buy ubolts. IIRC the f350 block is something like 3-5/8, some are tapered some not.

I scored a camper on the marketplace for $100. Its dang near color matched too lol! It needs some fiberglass reinforcement in the center since it is sagging on top, but overall in great shape for the age/price. I am still hunting for wheels/tires, but the marketplace hasn't coughed any up yet. We have been driving it a couple of days a week, and still getting terrible mileage, 6-7 mpg.

20240326_181846.jpg
20240326_181828.jpg

Im a fan of everything except that mileage!

If you want to drive to PA ill give you a set of 16" Alcoas that are badly corroded, with a set of bald 305s mounted on them :laughing:

Top Back Refresh