What's new

1972 F-250 2wd to 4wd build

Installed a different cheap stereo. A touch screen type with phone connectivity. It was such a piece of flaming shit I took it back out. Can't properly play music. At all. Resets, glitched, locks up or even bricks itself. Changing fan setting causes it to reset.

There are very few single DIN screen type radios. I tried the only other know unit, that won't fit. Power acoustic CP-71w
CP-71W - Power Acoustik

Had to hack it up to make it fit.
cKDOJ8h2ErWqdfICwtbpg=w715-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Updated the firmware to support Android connectivity. Seems to work properly and do the stuff it should.
X0LPThQNoyfzhJAoe4tA=w1271-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Dent side, not bump side so different dash but...

Single DIN radio with this bracket

and this radio

radio is single DIN with remote LCD screen. Had to modify the bracket for my use but it gets you close.

Works great, love the Stereo.

Attachments

• 20240920_102300.jpg
    20240920_102300.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240920_102309.jpg
    20240920_102309.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Yeah, I didn't want to go this route either. The only saving grace with this setup is you don't have to hack up the dash metal or bezel.

Well, in case of the bump, you do have to hack up both the dash and the metal bezel. One of the members on FTE gave me an OEM bezel someone had already fucked up, so I hacked it the rest of the way.

Old trucks need constant time and attention is seems. Still hot as fuck here in AZ and A/C wasn't working well yesterday. I found that the high side R12/134A adapter was leaking. Not really a way around using them. I put 12 oz of 134 in and it's working as expected again. Will see how it does today when cab is 140*+ in the sun.

Somehow I ended up buying another old Ford. A 76 F100 SWB 2wd. Not that this truck was finished exactly, or that I have time or money. Going to get it from Tucson tonight. Plan to drive it the 100 miles or so back. What could go wrong?

Sir, you're required to post a pic ASAP. Now we each have lifted 4wd's AND single cab 2wd's :smokin:

Old trucks need constant time and attention is seems. Still hot as fuck here in AZ and A/C wasn't working well yesterday. I found that the high side R12/134A adapter was leaking. Not really a way around using them. I put 12 oz of 134 in and it's working as expected again. Will see how it does today when cab is 140*+ in the sun.
loctite?

Looks pretty clean from that picture. Is there a plan for it yet?
It's a complete truck that hasn't been fucked with . yet.

Plan, well to have fun building and driving it. Probably do in stages instead of blowing it apart.
Going to clean it up and fix some minor things. Seals, exhaust. maybe used wheels/tires. Lower the existing suspension on the cheap.

Then pull motor and see if it is worth putting money into. if yes heads, cam, intake, ect.

At some point a full paint job. Full custom suspension. big meats. Overall look more clean and stock, period type wheels.

Looks a lot like our 75 F100
yes even the broken grill, haha

The drive back home went without issue. Truck went 65-70 mph for 100 miles no problem. The steering is loose and sketchy at those speeds. The green 72 was way worse, and terrible brakes.

I used to be more of a control freak and the stress and anxiety that comes with it. Driving an unknown truck 100 miles at night wouldn't happen. I'd have to check the fluids, tires, u-joints or just trailer it. Now I just put the key in and drive. First to Barrio brewery, then home. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Roadkill. Thinks can't go too wrong with a chase vehicle right behind you. Worst case a tow.

Top Back Refresh