What's new

WTF is it about SXS owners?

One of may favorite activities as a camper
after a spirited day off roading the new guy who the night before was running his mouth about how you and your old equipment might have a hard time keeping up........couldn't keep up

never fails, we get back to camp and they start looking for the secret weapon
what shocks are you running?
stock
but valving?
stock
springs mod?
stock
is that aftermarket exhaust?
stock
EMP clutch mod though?
stock
head work?
stock

after the mental defeat, I will point out the aftermarket cage and harnesses to make them fell better
but will promptly take it away by pointing out the half bald OEM tires that have 12 seasons on them :laughing:
Yes sir....happens quite often.

Little off topic but humorous. About 20 or so years ago we were at Crawfords campground at tellico. O'l boy comes trailering in a pretty good looking square body. Gets unloaded and starts making his way around the campground talking shit.

He comes up with a few hey's and what not and then starts with the bullshit someone had told him to sell him the truck. He got it 2 weeks earlier. So he proceeds to tell us its on 6 lug tons, lockers, 8" lift on 40s. The guy beside me started to say something and I smiled and shook my head. The truck was maybe 20 yards away with an obvious 10 bolt front axle. Upon looking it over it's a 10/12 bolt, turbo 350 with a 205. He was correct it was sitting on 40s.

The next morning some of us head out to go up school bus. He falls in line about 3 rigs behind me. Once we start up (it's a decent little climb) and I hear someone behind me raping on it. Stop and walk back and it's him. I'll say one thing...that small block could turn some rpm :lmao:

I thought about walking on down and informing him it'd do alot better if he locked the front hubs but, no one else was rushing in and I figured if I did, it was going to be a long day.

So after 4 or 5 wfo assaults he backed off, and turned around and headed back out.

Yeah, probably should have told him but if you're going to talk shit, you need to know the shit you're talking. 😆

Needless to say when we got back to camp, he'd loaded up and left. Oh well....hand me a beer. 🍻

Last edited:
Yes sir....happens quite often.

Little off topic but humorous. About 20 or so years ago we were at Crawfords campground at tellico. O'l boy comes trailering in a pretty good looking square body. Gets unloaded and starts making his way around the campground talking shit.

He comes up with a few hey's and what not and then starts with the bullshit someone had told him to sell him the truck. He got it 2 weeks earlier. So he proceeds to tell us its on 6 lug tons, lockers, 8" lift on 40s. The guy beside me started to say something and I smiled and shook my head. The truck was maybe 20 yards away with an obvious 10 bolt front axle. Upon looking it over it's a 10/12 bolt, turbo 350 with a 205. He was correct it was sitting on 40s.

The next morning some of us head out to go up school bus. He falls in line about 3 rigs behind me. Once we start up (it's a decent little climb) and I hear someone behind me raping on it. Stop and walk back and it's him. I'll say one thing...that small block could turn some rpm :lmao:

I thought about walking on down and informing him it'd do alot better if he locked the front hubs but, no one else was rushing in and I figured if I did, it was going to be a long day.

So after 4 or 5 wfo assaults he backed off, and turned around and headed back out.

Yeah, probably should have told him but if you're going to talk shit, you need to know the shit you're talking. 😆

Needless to say when we got back to camp, he'd loaded up and left. Oh well....hand me a beer. 🍻
ya!, that is him
had the jeep version of that one time , also about half way through the day he tucked his tail and went home :laughing:

I was hunting a cheap old Gator/Mule/etc for use around my small-ish property to use instead of the yard tractor + trailer. Mainly so the wife/guests could use it too. moving firewood, stuff like that. Never found anything in my cheap-ass budget except a non-running early 90's 2wd mule

semi-conveniently, my rusty 2002 Escalade EXT tranny lost 3rd and 4th. So now I've got a beater yard truck, just got to take out a couple more trees to clear a couple routes :laughing: UTV would be way better size-wise, but the truck's gonna do the job

UH, tube inspires confidence in a buggy my man.
Imagine the confidence inspired when you have tube and insurance on a race car no less.....

20200909_211414_resized.jpg

:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh