What's new

WTF is it about SXS owners?

Gatorgrizz27

Member Number
Every single one of them is beat to hell. Been looking for a Rhino, and I know they have been out of production awhile so they will be older, but they are all snorkeled, shitty ass multi color LED lights and Wal-Mart radios strapped everywhere. Did nobody use these things to ride around on farms or maintain apartment complexes, etc? ATV’s and dirt bikes that were well taken care of can be found left and right, not so with these things. And no, I’m not going to pay $15k for something that’s a 2019. I drive a 2008 $5,000 vehicle every day.

VERY CLEAN (in all caps, seats are covered in gorilla tape)

Example of a super clean 2002 Big Bear ATV

Every single one of them is beat to hell. Been looking for a Rhino, and I know they have been out of production awhile so they will be older, but they are all snorkeled, shitty ass multi color LED lights and Wal-Mart radios strapped everywhere. Did nobody use these things to ride around on farms or maintain apartment complexes, etc? ATV’s and dirt bikes that were well taken care of can be found left and right, not so with these things. And no, I’m not going to pay $15k for something that’s a 2019. I drive a 2008 $5,000 vehicle every day.

VERY CLEAN (in all caps, seats are covered in gorilla tape)

Example of a super clean 2002 Big Bear ATV

Half of that problem is that is all many people can afford so the machine gets to be a mud donkey, a desert racer, booze cruiser etc, for some poor people who don't have nice things.

your the problem. not the market. what else does the world owe you? or is it just a clean used sxs at your price point and condition.

you sound like a whiny entitled gash, take your ****y shit to to the meta pages where you can find other whiny entitled fucks that agree with your expectations.

your the problem. not the market. what else does the world owe you? or is it just a clean used sxs at your price point and condition.

you sound like a whiny entitled gash, take your ****y shit to to the meta pages where you can find other whiny entitled fucks that agree with your expectations.

You are not wrong.

The guys with the nice farm machines aren't selling them. It took them 20+ years to wear out or get tired of the Gator that they've since stuck in the weeds behind the barn, and their Rhino will end up right next to it. They don't care about speed or suspension travel etc... no reason to upgrade.

The used bike/atv/sxs market has been fucked since the first stimulus checks went out, between the inflation and people with extra $$$ to spend it's not getting better.

Last edited:

:laughing: My apologies if I offended you by stating that you’re all white trash.

I just found it interesting that that are plenty of dirt bikes, boats, tractors, etc out there with normal wear and tear, while every single SXS looks like it was driven through water up to the steering wheel daily and is about to burn to the ground from hack job wiring “mods”.

I’m not exactly looking for one with a leather bound book of service records or whining about a tweaked bumper and scuff on the bedside.

I don’t think I’m owed anything, and plenty of people are obviously dumb enough to finance $20k toys. I’m not.

Guess I might be building something with a HF Predator engine…

You are frustrated that you don't want to pay market price for a nice used SxS so you are blaming the owners of them, tossing insults, etc. People in general don't owe you a market full of well maintained under priced toys.

We have a vent thread somewhere called Fire it off, I think. This morning I think you posted in the wrong place.

1648480359688.png

you’re all white trash.

i dont get offended. and i'm proud white trash/ redneck:flipoff2: your not?

when its time to let mine go, it'll probably be headed to scrap.
if it does go up for sale i'll be sure to list it as VERY CLEAN :lmao: and it'll be a ragged out pos by then.

its verysimple why they are all beat. because it doesn't hurt the driver. all the bikes i had before the sxs always stayed in decent condition, because anything that hurt the bike usually hurt me more.

now work on that paycheck so you can join the club.

and really in my book there are 2 types of sxs owners... financed and paid for. maybe thats painting it to broad but, i wish it was easier to know whos who. make it easier to who to stop and help, and who to keep distance from. obviously its not that simple.

something kinda like in the old days your painted your door red when you payed the mortgage off. maybe all the paid off folks, should start slapping red door stickers on their rides, it could catch on.

even among my friends who have sxs, i dont want to ride with the guys making payments. seams they are always more careless and dont take responsibility, one of them even damaged another friends sxs and didn't think he should pay for it, that shit dont fly in my book. this guy says just put it on your insurance and i'll help with the deductible:shaking: no mthrfucker, put it on YOUR insurance, or pay for the damage your responsible for! my insurance is for when i make a mistake, not for you.

You’re right there are two kinds of sxs owners. The kind that pay cash and keep them absolutely forever. Or the guys that finance them wreck them and let insurance take them back.

There are no clean cheap SXS’s. Any sxs for sale is for sale because whoever owns it is sick of constantly fixing it. The ones that don’t need constantly fixed will get held onto forever.

in ca theres a lot of people that just have to have that new model so they sell the one that sat in the garage with 500 miles on it so they can replace it with the new fancier more HP model, and they never really got beat because its more of a toy to show off how much debt you have then to actually have fun beating on it. maybe things are different now, but a few years ago there was tons of nice clean used sxs for sale around here. although this was the sporty models, not the work models.

You’re right there are two kinds of sxs owners. The kind that pay cash and keep them absolutely forever. Or the guys that finance them wreck them and let insurance take them back.

There are no clean cheap SXS’s. Any sxs for sale is for sale because whoever owns it is sick of constantly fixing it. The ones that don’t need constantly fixed will get held onto forever.

my first was an xp1k. never had insurance on a toy before, wifey told me its too cheap not to...

wrecked and fixed many times on my own, the last time i was ready to send it down the road. (everything is in my wifes name, i aint got time for the errands) my wife calls insurance and they write a check for 4k more than i payed for the damn thing off the showroom floor. i couldn't believe it (first thing i ever bought brand spankin new, and they didn't seem to like counting the 100 dollar bills) was also the first claim i've ever had on any insurance other than windshields. made me realize how the finance crowd can get away with it.

i didn't want the pos back no matter what, but asked for the buy back quote just to offer to friends to help get them into it. buy back was 9k:eek::barf:. i thought eff that take it, but one friend had to have it, so passed it on. he's already got more than that into it. what a mistake. i learned and now he has too, he still made money when he got rid of it.

so in 2019 i payed 15.9 for that brand new xp1k, insurance gave me that plus all title and tax plus a little.. 19k. buy back on the rig was 9k. then i bought a used x3 for 22k. its what i still ride and beat relentlessly.
another buddy has same as me and roll it 2 flips then later the same day tagged a tree. insurance told him we will total it and give you 30k, also we flat rate x3 buy back at 14k:eek:, or we wont total it and give you 14k for repairs. clown world crazy, i dont get it, but thats what it is.

it now makes allot more sense to me how people get away with financing things. but also, hilarious how people think they deserve clean used shit at a price they can afford, when the buy back on a xp1k is 9k (over a year ago) and a low model x3 buyback is 14k from insurance... that means they are getting how much by the time they are towed off to a lot, stored, and hit an auction, plus auction fees???

yeah prices are crazy, but i cant imagine having my head so far up my ass that i think a seller is crazy for asking for more than i can afford. or that i'm entitled to what i want at a price my broke dick can afford. and then blaming the owners of the thing i want for my own issues.

imagine if op went to a dealer auction:lmao:

i got no fucks to give for people like the OP. i hear crap like it daily. blaming others. i'm not offended by it, as he/she thinks, i'm disappointed.

if my sxs went to scrap tomorrow, insurance or not i'd be getting another next week. not financed. (my x3 i didn't have the fun money for at the time, my friends decided they did, they bought it for me. i didn't ask for it, cuz you dont ask for things you dont need, but 3 of them spkit the cost. i paid back in 4mo. me and mine, we invest in ourselves not banks. and i'd do the same for them now that i can) everyone thinks they can do better and nobody can.
i'm not rich, im self employed and make decent money, and believe we are here for a good time not a long time.

Last edited:
Mine is not rednecked and I'm very anal about the maintenance. It's also going up for sell next week as I'm picking up a teryx4 this weekend. I've had the rhino for about 6 years. I built the front bumper (I've got the original stock) so the winch would set up higher. I added a harness bar and put a 4 point harness on the passenger side (for the wife as I like the 3 point seat belt. I still have the 3 point for the passenger side). I've added alum diamond plate floor boards (the stock floors have a few cracks) and a cup holder :grinpimp: and there are no tears in the seats.

I added 2" wheel spacers in the back because I run the same size wheels and tires all around and stock the rear is narrower than the front.

Its a great little ride and the only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting a hell of a deal on a 4 seater teryx and the grand baby can ride around with Nan and Pap 😄

Last fall I cleaned and greased the clutch weights and put a new belt on simple because I was there. The old belt looked fine.

It is slow on the road...its a 450...but plenty fast enough for trails. The fastest I've had it was around 30 mph. What it tops out at, I don't know as I've never bumped the rev limiter. To me, winding one that tight is just asking for problems.

Edit: I'm in east TN.

20210418_135403.jpg
20200112_125558.jpg

Last edited:
My inlaws have a Kubota RTV jobber that I'd love to have. Three cylinder diesel and a dump bed. It'd be so perfect for my place.

On an unrelated note--who wants to buy my 2015 RZR? I gave up and made a deal on a Kawasaki.

Not every SXS is beat. I trailed mine for almost 2,000 miles, only broke a tie rod end’s threads, and sold it for $14,000…which was more than I paid for it. :laughing:

Rhinos drive even beat to death. Keep looking. Or buy a golf cart. :flipoff2:

If buying a use sxs I would stay with a utility or sport utility as they are less likely to have the shit beating out of them. The only way I'd consider something like a rzr would be if I knew they person and they had it since new and know how it was treated.

I guess I am doing things wrong. My current SxS has a little bit financed on it just because the way the deal worked out selling an ATV to my Brother and Sis-in-law to give them time to pay me (basically financed the payments to them for payments to me so they could have something nice) and its cheap money (1.9% for 3 years) so totally worth keeping the liquidity of my cash for other things in life. I treat my things that I am still making payments on way nicer than if it was paid for; if I need to dump it for some reason to get out from under the financing I don't really want to be upside down so beating on a financed machine seems dumb, but that's just my take on it.

The market is much higher on all things in general, not just toys. The complaint can be extended to vehicles, machinery, and homes. None of the current prices are due to any real change other than people's willingness to pay that much for it otherwise it would never sell. Don't complain, keep searching or... go finance a nice one like most people with nice things do.

Top Back Refresh