What's new

WTF is it about SXS owners?

Mine has been listed at $6200 if anyone is interested.

Youā€™re right there are two kinds of sxs owners. The kind that pay cash and keep them absolutely forever. Or the guys that finance them wreck them and let insurance take them back.

There are no clean cheap SXSā€™s. Any sxs for sale is for sale because whoever owns it is sick of constantly fixing it. The ones that donā€™t need constantly fixed will get held onto forever.
paid cash for mine 10 years ago, still have it

your theory has been fact checked :grinpimp:

whatever you do, no pictures or anything
Pic of the Teryx4
20220402_120444.jpg
IMG_1815(1).jpg

IMO its the race car driver effect. You instantly turn into robby gordon. Damage be damned

I think the Teryx4 is a awesome 4 seater. Its not a x3 or a pro xp4 whatever but a lot of fun in small package.
I think I'll like it. I ride with a couple of friends that run the Teryx and we just put around on the trails. I have/had no problems with the Rhino it just this came up at a deal I couldn't pass up.

Very common to see on all the cattle ranches around me, doing chores and checking the fence.
My inlaws keep poking around for a place to move and I have first dibs on theirs. The dump bed could use a little metal but its a solid unit.

You can't walk in and buy anything new around here... Wait list and small monthly allotments to the dealers. I could get good money for my 2020 4xp turbo... but I wouldn't have anything new for a long time.

My wife is looking at getting a 4 seat general... but its a wait list item.

Regardless, those crap cans inspire too much confidence, and the payments are easy, til its a raisin or charred.
So you come to a sxs thread just to say you dont like them?

Very common to see on all the cattle ranches around me, doing chores and checking the fence.

I dont know why.

My father bought a mule mid 00's for the ranch. The Toyota pickup that replaced it for a fraction of the cost is worlds more useful.

There's a 'keeping up with the Joneses' effect with SxS.

Replying to thread title bubba. I like em, after they get the 25k of upgrades they need.
I've embarrassed many high dollar rides with a rhino 450. Coming from many years in a rig makes a huge difference when there are so many that buys something they really don't know how to use.

The problem (as I see it) many sxs's and even vehicles, are so capable they cover the drives lack of experience until they get into situations that's bad enough that it can't and the driver is then lost...and screwed.

I, too, am a new Kawasaki owner. That KRX can crawl well, and soak up bumps like nobodyā€™s business.

Now time to throw 4K worth of bolt ons at it to make it slightly tougher, way heavier, and make all the shakes-fist-at-clouds group claim that I single-handedly ruined off-roading.

I, too, am a new Kawasaki owner. That KRX can crawl well, and soak up bumps like nobodyā€™s business.

Now time to throw 4K worth of bolt ons at it to make it slightly tougher, way heavier, and make all the shakes-fist-at-clouds group claim that I single-handedly ruined off-roading.
The krx is one badass machine :beer:

Mine is not rednecked and I'm very anal about the maintenance. It's also going up for sell next week as I'm picking up a teryx4 this weekend. I've had the rhino for about 6 years. I built the front bumper (I've got the original stock) so the winch would set up higher. I added a harness bar and put a 4 point harness on the passenger side (for the wife as I like the 3 point seat belt. I still have the 3 point for the passenger side). I've added alum diamond plate floor boards (the stock floors have a few cracks) and a cup holder :grinpimp: and there are no tears in the seats.

I added 2" wheel spacers in the back because I run the same size wheels and tires all around and stock the rear is narrower than the front.

Its a great little ride and the only reason I'm selling is because I'm getting a hell of a deal on a 4 seater teryx and the grand baby can ride around with Nan and Pap šŸ˜„

Last fall I cleaned and greased the clutch weights and put a new belt on simple because I was there. The old belt looked fine.

It is slow on the road...its a 450...but plenty fast enough for trails. The fastest I've had it was around 30 mph. What it tops out at, I don't know as I've never bumped the rev limiter. To me, winding one that tight is just asking for problems.

Edit: I'm in east TN.

20210418_135403.jpg
20200112_125558.jpg
Is it fuel injected? How much?

Btw, I had a Teryx4. It went everywhere and never broke. Wasnā€™t fast. Look into the fuel tank line/vent mod.

I've embarrassed many high dollar rides with a rhino 450. Coming from many years in a rig makes a huge difference when there are so many that buys something they really don't know how to use.

The problem (as I see it) many sxs's and even vehicles, are so capable they cover the drives lack of experience until they get into situations that's bad enough that it can't and the driver is then lost...and screwed.
So true. These things make a zero feel like a hero drifting a flat curve or something simple. But a SXS is bad off camber or in any panic situation due to their proclivity to fully unload the suspension when thereā€™s little weight on them.

Is it fuel injected? How much?

Btw, I had a Teryx4. It went everywhere and never broke. Wasnā€™t fast. Look into the fuel tank line/vent mod.
Mine was carbed but I never had an issue with it. The 700s were injected and I think the 700s came out in 08.

I was looking at a CFmoto Z force 800ex. It tops out at 71mph....but that's something it'd never see. I have no reason to go anywhere near that fast in a sxs. The teryx should do high 30s low 40s okay and that's plenty for me.

Mine was carbed but I never had an issue with it. The 700s were injected and I think the 700s came out in 08.

I was looking at a CFmoto Z force 800ex. It tops out at 71mph....but that's something it'd never see. I have no reason to go anywhere near that fast in a sxs. The teryx should do high 30s low 40s okay and that's plenty for me.
My T4 did roughly 55 on the road.

One of may favorite activities as a camper
after a spirited day off roading the new guy who the night before was running his mouth about how you and your old equipment might have a hard time keeping up........couldn't keep up

never fails, we get back to camp and they start looking for the secret weapon
what shocks are you running?
stock
but valving?
stock
springs mod?
stock
is that aftermarket exhaust?
stock
EMP clutch mod though?
stock
head work?
stock

after the mental defeat, I will point out the aftermarket cage and harnesses to make them fell better
but will promptly take it away by pointing out the half bald OEM tires that have 12 seasons on them :laughing:

Top Back Refresh