What's new

Would you trust a domesticated wolf?

I had a dog bite me a few weeks ago on my knee and it drew blood, all because I was talking to sombody and got excited. Didn't punch or kick it, I just made sure I kept an eye on it right after it happened in case it got any other ideas about biting me. Shit happens and the dog and I were best friends again later that evening. According to some of you I should have shot the dog dead right then and there or demanded the owner do it. :shaking:

Last edited:
I had a dog bite me a few weeks ago on my knee and it drew blood, all because I was talking to sombody and got excited. Didn't punch or kick it, I just made sure I kept an eye on it right after it happened in case it got any other ideas about biting me. Shit happens and the dog and I were best friends again later that evening. According to some of you I should have shot the dog dead right then and there or demanded the owner do it. :shaking:
A dog that’s bit someone has the propensity to do it again. Next time it might grab a 4 year old by the face. I’d rather not go down that road.

Would you leave your child with one of these? (wolf pup raised by a family)

A kid I went to high school with had his arm torn off by a wolf in a cage when he was young. I don’t know a ton of details, but that one stuck with me, so as far as wolf pets go, “it’s a no from me, wawlf.” Off topic but fun, the one-arm wolf-snack also beat the shit out of a mouthy two-armer in junior high who got lippy since he figured that he had the, “upper-hand.”

To get back on topic, I think it’s probably a pretty low probability thing. If you started with five wolf pups every spring you’d probably have to shoot all five by the time they were a year or two old most years.

Maybe one year out of three you get a female that’s semi workable. One year out of five you get a male, then you’re excited and breeding those together and getting the same numbers. Then maybe one year out of twenty you get one that’s head and shoulders above whatever else you’ve had and you ask yourself why I was messing around with all the others.

Now you’re excited and you’d like to text some naysayer to let them know things are looking up, except you’ve spent the last two decades trying to make wolves into pets and all your fingers have been bitten off.
and it turns out that puppy wasn't actually from your wolf stock at all, it's just a husky that got out and found its way into your yard

I find it funny that folks here think a dog should allow you to hurt them without trying to stop the hurting. That's stupid.
that's kinda the entire point of breaking an animal from its independent nature
like the whole purpose of domestication, turning a predator nuisance into a tool

So, my terro of a dog snaps at my grandson, and gets hit, and I am wrong? You are welcome to pick the little jerk up. I will give you enough food for a year.
Now I will tell you what happened, he snapped at my grandson, he did get hit by my son, and when grand kids are over, he leaves the room. His poor behavior was quickly corrected, and I do not even feel bad about it.

So, my terro of a dog snaps at my grandson, and gets hit, and I am wrong? You are welcome to pick the little jerk up. I will give you enough food for a year.
Now I will tell you what happened, he snapped at my grandson, he did get hit by my son, and when grand kids are over, he leaves the room. His poor behavior was quickly corrected, and I do not even feel bad about it.
It depends. Was your grandkid poking him in the eye or sticking his fingers up the dogs nose?

It depends. Was your grandkid poking him in the eye or sticking his fingers up the dogs nose?
Valid points, I always taught my kid to respect dogs. Ask owner if dogs friendly, don't get eye level, obviously hard when she was little, but not face off with dog. Kids need training also!

Top Back Refresh