What's new

Win!

This '98 E350 PSD is in the hotel parking lot where I'm currently staying. It's a one owner, 850k mile time capsule that looks like it rolled off the line last year:smokin:

B99EC59F-BE22-40BD-B28F-10DA6AA42163.jpeg

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. She hit a cyclist and drove away. Very telling on that person's character.

It's now coming out that her car has previously been impounded twice for lapsed registration and parking violations, including a body cam video from one of the officers of her trying to play the 'do you know who I am?' game.

While I think she's probably a ****, the whole 'must resign immediately!' thing annoys me too.

End of the day I bet biker dude learned to look both ways before crossing next time.

It's now coming out that her car has previously been impounded twice for lapsed registration and parking violations, including a body cam video from one of the officers of her trying to play the 'do you know who I am?' game.

While I think she's probably a ****, the whole 'must resign immediately!' thing annoys me too.

End of the day I bet biker dude learned to look both ways before crossing next time.
Nope...public opinion and the calling for her to resign will make him think (he rides a bike after all) that he was not at fault in any of it.

woah man
I've talked to a guy with what's gotta be a million mile TDI golf by now, it was at 913k or whatever at the time, years back.

Buddy of mine used to have a guy bring a 1.5m mile ~87 4runner into their shop. It had some parts rebuilt at that point, but was still in good shape.

I feel like near seven figure odometers should be more common in dry states. How do people decide to stop driving a car if it doesn't rust in half and decide for them?

Well the people I know who don't work on thier own stuff. It usually when a cv axle goes out or the ac stops working :homer:

You also realize most vehicles will have major mechanical issues before 300k right? :laughing:

You also realize most vehicles will have major mechanical issues before 300k right? :laughing:
you do realize all major mechanical issues are pretty repairable other than structural rust throughout the whole vehicle, right?

On my truck I've swapped the engine, the drive axle, and the transmission out, right now I'm rebuilding the flatbed because of rust, but the rest of it will continue to get fixed on until it's caught the rust bad enough to be actually in danger of tearing in half

you do realize all major mechanical issues are pretty repairable other than structural rust throughout the whole vehicle, right?

On my truck I've swapped the engine, the drive axle, and the transmission out, right now I'm rebuilding the flatbed because of rust, but the rest of it will continue to get fixed on until it's caught the rust bad enough to be actually in danger of tearing in half

Yes, I get that. But most people would rather just sell while it's worth something and move to something newer.

I feel like near seven figure odometers should be more common in dry states. How do people decide to stop driving a car if it doesn't rust in half and decide for them?
Usually when either the engine windows and a replacement is more than the whole vehicle or the harness gives out and the only option is to build one from scratch. Although really depends on the current economy. Ask me what I would invest in an old XJ 10 years ago and how much more that number is now that XJs are so "valued" now.

Usually when either the engine windows and a replacement is more than the whole vehicle or the harness gives out and the only option is to build one from scratch. Although really depends on the current economy. Ask me what I would invest in an old XJ 10 years ago and how much more that number is now that XJs are so "valued" now.
I had an XJ once. It fucking sucked gay asshole.

great option for teen's first car in a snowy climate.
My XJ was the best vehicle I ever had for snow. Had it on trxus mt's. I have no idea if it was just the right weight, power, or what. but that thing was unstoppable.

My XJ was the best vehicle I ever had for snow. Had it on trxus mt's. I have no idea if it was just the right weight, power, or what. but that thing was unstoppable.
The one I had in high school was the same way. Looking back, for a rig on shit tires, with a kid that didn't really know how to drive. It was impressive how far it went. Only problem was that POS didnt like to drive home. would go anywhere, but soon as you headed for the house. Something would break. Rode home on a trailer more often than not

Top Back Refresh