What's new

Why not much love for Power Wagon?

I have a buddy that has gone through 3 of them so far and he seems to love them. He does contracting work for the USFS, forest clearing etc, so he uses it off road quite a bit. He has gotten between 200-300k out of the first two before he sold them off and never complained about them having any issues. He pulls trailers with them loaded with his stump grinder and other tools that are in the 10k lb range I'd guess. He talks well of them and has me nearly convinced I need one.

To be more correct, there has never been a diesel engine in a Power Wagon. The Power Wagon name has only been applied to '46-'80 model Dodge 4WD trucks. 2WDs are not Power Wagons, and the Mitsubishi diesel was only in 2WD models. The Only other diesel ever put in a Dodge truck was the Cummins B series, and that was well after the Power Wagon name was changed to Power Ram. The Power Wagon name was resurrected for 2005 for the new off road package option, but with no diesel option. So no, a diesel Power Wagon is in no way a "true Power Wagon". Come back sometime when you know what you are talking about.

To be more correct, there has never been a diesel engine in a Power Wagon. The Power Wagon name has only been applied to '46-'80 model Dodge 4WD trucks. 2WDs are not Power Wagons, and the Mitsubishi diesel was only in 2WD models. The Only other diesel ever put in a Dodge truck was the Cummins B series, and that was well after the Power Wagon name was changed to Power Ram. The Power Wagon name was resurrected for 2005 for the new off road package option, but with no diesel option. So no, a diesel Power Wagon is in no way a "true Power Wagon". Come back sometime when you know what you are talking about.

Actual info. Thanks for the knowledge!

When the Power Wagon become a decal, the name died. A true PW only came with a flathead six. (Splitting hairs with the W series power giants)

Well, Dodge quit making trucks and all we're left with is Fiat Rams, so good luck.

Last edited:
Current gen is CCSB only. If you start with a Tradesman 4x4 CCSB, the Power Wagon package should be one of the options.

A Reg Cab Long Bed G56 manual from 06 or so would be such a nice find for getting used.
Bumping this old thread:

Locally I found a 2007 with 100k miles on it.
$8800 USD

I feel like it’s pretty rich for what it is but the market is just stupid right now

Attachments

• E8AEC05B-F106-4BC8-B5EF-071C06C5BF73.jpeg
    E8AEC05B-F106-4BC8-B5EF-071C06C5BF73.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 53
Funny, that actually doesn't seem bad at all.

The price is going to be a little higher because it's a regular cab. There weren't a lot made, and the people who want them are willing to pay a little more. That price isn't out of line.

The price is going to be a little higher because it's a regular cab. There weren't a lot made, and the people who want them are willing to pay a little more. That price isn't out of line.
I figured the opposite, no storage or +2 passengers. This one is 6 speed manual too. Forgot to post that above which is why I quoted the post I did

That is a manual. reg cab power wagon? Tht seems like a steal to me in the current market. Where is that at?

My friend Kevin just bought a 2022. The day after he bought it he was bitching about how cheaply it was built.

That is a manual. reg cab power wagon? Tht seems like a steal to me in the current market. Where is that at?
I searched all of Craigslist and found some four door power wagons 05-06 and they want $17-20k private sale. I was searching in the rust belt too, Michigan and Illinois… what the hell is going on with the US truck market

My friend Kevin just bought a 2022. The day after he bought it he was bitching about how cheaply it was built.
Yeh. I still wouldn’t touch a dodge, ram, fiat, whatever you want to call it. I know every single brand has good and bad. But I have seen too many road driven grandpa dodge trucks come thru my dads shop with sub 50k miles and need balljoints, TRE’s, and wheel bearings. That’s 2nd -5th gen trucks

Yeh. I still wouldn’t touch a dodge, ram, fiat, whatever you want to call it. I know every single brand has good and bad. But I have seen too many road driven grandpa dodge trucks come thru my dads shop with sub 50k miles and need balljoints, TRE’s, and wheel bearings. That’s 2nd -5th gen trucks
I’m the same way. Newer Dodge trucks I can spot before I even see them drive past my house. I can hear their shitty unit bearings failing with stock size tires. :lmao:

I have a Tradesman Powerwagon, its a Pakage added to the Tradesman truck, its was like $7995 when I got my 2021. Then you can still add other stuff like dual alternators, and navigation. Some Powerwagon snobs say well thats not a real Powerwagon. The VIN code on a Tradesman Powerwagon has the same VIN coding a "real" Powerwagon

Good price on a truck right now with only that many miles.

All the fummins and Cummins trucks are selling $15-30k for 15-20 year old trucks with 400+k Km on them.

Love my 2010. Won't sell it. Offered 23k the other day... I bought it nearly 9 years ago for 28k. I've got lifetime powertrain warranty so the issues are moot but I did get a cam and a loaded head with pushrods at 82.5k just before my Moab trip in 2015.

It's the perfect truck for anyone looking for something to use, DD, work and play. It's my DD, it's my work truck, it's my farm truck, it's my property clean up truck, it's my tow rig and it gets wheeled too.

4th gen plus(2010+) is crew cab short bed only. The 3rd gets were available in standard, extended, and crew cab, long and short bed. We'll maybe just the standard cab had available long bed...

05-13 had the 456s and 5.7
14+ went to 410s and 6.4

Buying used be sure to check that the winch is still there. Most owners keep em. But it ain't a deal breaker as you can just grab an aftermarket one if it's gone. Mine was robbed but a cheapie 9.5k put in its place. I replaced it with a 12k Warn VR mounted upside down.

I really like the factory winch mount as it's super beef for side loaded pulls.

Not sure what year but they quit rebranding the Warns to mopar. They were M15000 with Mopar logos and stated as 12k winches. I'm pretty sure somewhere around 2016... maybe 18 with the 5th gen they just ran with Warn winches. Still state a 12k, not sure if it's down rated like before or not as I haven't handled a new one.

Just for some more PW love....

This was the PWIM group trip from powerwagonregistry.org in 2015

KIMG0053.jpg
KIMG0054.jpg
2015-05-10_07-35-00.jpg
2015-05-10_07-36-50.jpg
2015-05-10_07-56-04.jpg
2015-05-09_11-11-32.jpg
2015-05-10_08-11-48.jpg
2015-05-10_08-02-46.jpg
2015-05-10_08-02-59.jpg
2015-05-10_08-09-55.jpg

The red single cab long bed G56(rare) drove from the east coast. Not his first trip there either

That blue truck I posted above was single cab long bed with a G56. Unfortunately it sold last week before I had a chance to see it. I still have the vin from the previous owner so I could potentially track down the new owner

I don't care for em but there's a few who go nuts over them!

I need new bedsides so I'm looking for a Rambox shorty off a 1500. Going to shorten my WB to match and long arm it.

Softer rear spring packs and airbags with daystar cradles are on the list too.

Can't decide on 37s or stick with 35s though

I don't care for em but there's a few who go nuts over them!

I need new bedsides so I'm looking for a Rambox shorty off a 1500. Going to shorten my WB to match and long arm it.

Softer rear spring packs and airbags with daystar cradles are on the list too.

Can't decide on 37s or stick with 35s though
37"s :usa::beer:

I want 37s, I really do but with how much I actually use this bed it's tough enough to get things in and out. But in the end what's another inch, maybe two higher really going to do?

Another concern is how much power will I lose towing wise with them since I can't regear. 9mpg towing the CJ at best is bad enough although I've never been one to care about mpg. I drive what I drive cause that's what I want, not because it gets good milage... but there's a limit. If I'm getting below that I may as well just drive the CJ everywhere!

Last edited:
I have an 18’ PW and I love it. Thuren kit and 35’s.

Id like to figure out how to get more travel out of it and get the nanny kill switch.

I have an 18’ PW and I love it. Thuren kit and 35’s.

Id like to figure out how to get more travel out of it and get the nanny kill switch.
You on PWR? The guy that makes them sells them on there.

I got the 1st gen locker bypass. Think it was the first one the original designer sold after a couple prototypes. I love it. 2wd lock gets used a lot. Goes through factory switch also.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh