What's new

what's your favorite blackand white movie?

WWII was won on the blood drenched earth at Stalingrad, Kursk and the Vistula. In the skies over England and later over the continent. And in two instant bright flashes over the squat tan men in the mushroom hats.

You and everyone else needs to understand something:

The United States won WWII. With or without Russia, England, France, or anyone else. If the US did not fight, then WW2 was lost for them. If the US fought alone, the USA wins.

I am not a mindless patriot. The United States won WW2 single handedly, and only used others to die in our stead.

Any deviation from this fact is a danger to world stability. No, I am not joking.

FDR spared a lot of American lives, but with or without ANY other battle including Stalingrad the US won.

That's why we've dictated the terms since 1945.

cXr3csc.jpg

The Red Army went into Manchuria in August 1945. There is nothing the entire Japanese Empire had that would have even slowed them down. On the open plains there they were revealed for what they really were compared to European Armies. A peasant mob with bolt action rifles, light caliber machine guns, and zero anti-armor or anti tank capability. The Reds knocked about 1 million Japs out or forced them to surrender in less than 2 weeks.

edit: Noob you are out of your element. Thinking a web pic is the Trump of nutsack. The Soviets out produced all the lead lease shit which was inferior to their domestic produced weaponry. You really do not know. You think you do, but you do not. The only arguable junk they got from us that they used with effect were out obsolete P-39 and P-63 aricraft, downgraded in the Soviet theater for ground attack instead of their designed purpose of interceptor AKA Fighter planes.

Last edited:
There is a movement currently ongoing to give the Russians full credit for fighting WW2. I must admit that with the amount and quality of information that the internet age brings there is more truth to that than my history books or meme patriotism movies taught me. There are a couple of things that are absolute when discussing the contribution of the US during WW2:

First, there is no other Naval force that could have challenged the Imperial Japanese Navy. the Russians had nothing even close. Britain had its own problems and did not have the industrial base. All of the allies and axis powers combined could not have touched them without the US.

Second, After the war, without the US presence in Europe and Asia the Russians would have steamrolled both continents, it would not have even been hard for them short of invading England. Well the Bomb helped on that front as well.

Seven Samurai was pretty badass if you can get over the subtitles and 1950s Japanese acting.

Forgot one: Beau Geste

Imagine being a Russian soldier captured by the Germans in WW2. You're freed from the Germans when they lose and then sent to the Gulag by Stalin. Fuck them.

A newer movie I watched on a flight recently. The Lighthouse.

Stagecoach
Tarzan The Ape Man ( or any film with Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Men of the Fighting Lady

Kinda Racist question but I will play along.

Black = Friday, love that movie

White = The Princess Bride, cracks me up every time I see it.

Top Back Refresh