Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Added some rigid duallys i had on a shelf. They clear the forks and add plenty of light.
Pics of just bike light, then with rigids on.
20240317_173634.jpg
20240317_201337.jpg
20240317_201347.jpg

I pulled the forks off of the parts bike to do the fork seals looks like this will be my Brit beater for this summer once again I probably shouldn’t refer to it as a parts bike anymore 🤔

IMG_9882.jpeg
IMG_9883.jpeg

No pics because I'm an idiot.

Tuesday night, oil and filter change on the 450. 250 also got an oil change, as well as a quick reassembly after I pulled the carb out to do some random fixing. (needed an oring for the air screw, new fuel filter, and new fuel line from the tank)

Rode yesterday, found a bunch of broken spokes on the 450. I must be overtightening the piss out of my spokes when I torque them down, they break by popping the button heads off the hub end, so I can't even tell they're broken unless I look really close. Probably going to lower my torque value again and maybe look into getting higher quality spokes next time.

Never knew people actually had a torque spec on spokes.

I know when I lace a wheel, they aren't all the same. Checking them (if I do) is just tinging a wrench off each spoke and adjusting the dull sounding ones:grinpimp:

Never knew people actually had a torque spec on spokes.

I know when I lace a wheel, they aren't all the same. Checking them (if I do) is just tinging a wrench off each spoke and adjusting the dull sounding ones:grinpimp:
I'll torque them during a lace up and after the truing to get them all pretty similar. When I do that, I basically never have to check them again unless I break a few. Maybe that's because I've been gorilla torquing the shit out of them :homer:

eta: I bought the stupid torque wrench years ago, gotta find reasons to use it :homer:Tusk Spoke Torque Wrench Kit | Parts & Accessories | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I generally have to re tighten them for a few rides after I put a new rim on. After that, they dont move

Been pulling the YZ250 out of mothballs for a week or so now. Addressing some problems I found last weekend from its first ride out in a year or more.
I guess the oring in my air screw was just straight up missing?:confused: Got another one from a local shop and threw that back in there.
20240319_162824.jpg
20240319_162916.jpg

And clogged a fuel filter toward the end of the ride. So replaced that real quick, as well as some new fuel line.
20240319_163017.jpg

She's running pretty crispy now. Definitely better than it ever has. Going from a 40 idle jet to a 45 solved a lot of issues I had after the original build.

Do the yz's not have a screen on the petcock?
It's an Acerbis desert tank with dual petcocks, and I don't think they have screens iirc.

Even if they did, The stuff that came out of the old filter was really small and silty, it was basically invisible until I blew backwards into the filter. That's just what I get for letting it sit around so long I guess.

I've been eyeing the 300. Its only sat with pump gas in it since July:homer:
Turned out, sitting so long was part of the reason it sat so long:homer:

It roasted a crank bearing about a year ago, and I took a few months to get back around to putting it back together and affording parts and all that. So I finally get it back together and take it out to ride and it spent the whole day pinging like rocks in a fuckin washing machine :mad3:

So I let it sit for another 6 months thinking it had another air leak that I needed to fix but didn't have the motivation, then when I finally do pull it out, it ran away on me in the parking lot, so I was all but sure it had another nasty air leak on the stator side seal.

Turns out it was pinging because of old gas, and it ran away because I had the throttle cable routed wrong and it was holding the slide open. :homer::homer::homer:
So yeah, I can build a super pretty bike just fine, but clearly troubleshooting the most basic and forgiving carbureted 2 stroke platform of all time escapes my grasp

Working on getting everything fired up since the weather is getting better. Kids bike I haven't started since I put it back together this winter, drained the carb and it fired righ up.

Old AT-1 fired up briefly but wouldn't stay running, pilot jet was plugged up. Knocked the little intake block free from its gasket (where it's been since 1970) in the process of reinstalling the carb and created an air leak. Ordered a new gasket for that and hopefully that's all it takes.

The two three wheelers I have here at home both needed fresh gas and air in the tires, otherwise running fine, probably mess with the other two while I'm at my mom's this weekend. Have a couple bikes over there that haven't been started in who knows how long too. Might drag the KZ home, been staring at custom bikes on instagram again kinda getting the notion to get that pieced back together.

1000010551.jpg

1000010553.jpg

Replaced all the chain sliders, but that's boring, what really counts is fresh decals with sponsor logos and ghost skulls. Thats a gold chain, it just looks rusty as hell:laughing:.
Got a seat cover ordered, I hope. Company took my money and I haven't heard shit since, but I talked to a few people who used them before, so hopefully I'll hear something back soon. His foam is waterlogged too, but all I can find is tall foam, so I may have to order that and just carve the hell out of it.

Fixed the spokes I talked about earlier. Popping the button heads off of the hub side. Annoying because I can't necessarily tell when they're failing unless I happen to see them during a tire change or something.

Either way, Lowering torque value to 70 in-lb, which is starting to feel like not that much at this point. Gonna start checking my spokes during regular service I guess.
20240329_134637.jpg

New clutch and a bit of suspension tune on the boy's ktm 50, oil change on my 300. I wanna ride again, but I really don't wanna injure my wrist again, so I'm waiting the 6 weeks.
Yup better to wait it out

New clutch and a bit of suspension tune on the boy's ktm 50, oil change on my 300. I wanna ride again, but I really don't wanna injure my wrist again, so I'm waiting the 6 weeks.

Shit is healed after 3 weeks. The other 3 are just the dr covering his ass. Dont be a pussy:flipoff2:

Shit is healed after 3 weeks. The other 3 are just the dr covering his ass. Dont be a pussy:flipoff2:
Dr told me "when it stops hurting."

Friend who is an ER nurse and knows me said "listen stupid, it take 6 weeks for a bone to knit. Don't be stupid before that!"

I trust her:laughing:

Yup better to wait it out

These two right here sum up advice on IBB:lmao:

Top Back Refresh