What's new

What Kinda Bullshit is This

Why take it apart? $100 HF booger welder and youll have it for the next time.

My CFO has me on a tight leash and has nixed the idea of me buying a welder.

I think all I need to do is knock out a couple of roll pins and the whole thing slides out. Then I can take it to work to get it welded up.

they wanted $70 for the new part.

I’ll consider that plan C. It would be more of a pain in the ass to take it off or apart than to get my hands on a MIG and do it here.

the upside is that it broke after I was done pushing snow. Driving it back to the shed to put it away and the blade just dropped.

Irate takes care of their own, where are you at in Michigan....

Irate takes care of their own, where are you at in Michigan....

Detroit area.

I can get it welded for free at work. Just have to get it there. I have been working from home since before thanksgiving.

taking it apart is a matter of convenience. I’d rather do that than try to wrestle it into my van.

I feel like hooking up a welder in my garage might be opening a can of worms that is best left closed. Old garage, shitty wiring.

i appreciate the consideration though.

hundred dollar used ancient buzz box off craigslist
go 150-200 for DC but stay under a hundred for AC

Do you have any experience welding stick? Some jumper cables and a couple battereys will work fine for that. It may even start a little on the hot side. Run halfast up hill for strenth and then cover it with a down hill for looks.

Do you have any experience welding stick? Some jumper cables and a couple battereys will work fine for that. It may even start a little on the hot side. Run halfast up hill for strenth and then cover it with a down hill for looks.

Actually, I don’t. Have only ever used MIG

If that’s a minivan you be on the wrong forum.....

minivans are more welcome than 60k dollar four door 4' bed pretend pickups

at least you can toss a 4x8 or a couple tonner axles in the back of the minivan

They're just gonna tell you it was abused and deny your claim.

6EBB2778-A4EC-44B8-AA4B-5A932B0F1A22.jpeg
If that’s a minivan you be on the wrong forum.....

Sorry, everyone in on this dog pile couldn’t help myself.

Picture of CFO ?
:flipoff2:

as a matter of fact, it is.

If you’re going to see her, you have to see my ugly mug too:flipoff2:

Reactions: IGT
I like welding stuff for neighbors. It’s cements my neighborly man status as somewhere further up the food chain than them. There is a skilled-man hierarchy. “Bring the broken metal to me and stand back unskilled man-child”

It would take less time to weld it then it would to get someone on the phone about it.

Don’t lie. We all know liberals call the police and demand the government fix’s stuff for them with other peoples money. Welds are no exception

You getting this thing figured out?
If not, I'll be back down on Tuesday. I can bring my 110 Lincoln and meet up with you in the afternoon.

I'll have it fixed by the weekend. Pulling it apart tonight and taking the broken bits to the shop tomorrow.

What area are you going to be in Tuesday?

Working in Trenton, staying in Taylor.

I'm 10 miles from Trenton on West Rd. Hit me up when you are in town and let's grab a beer...Since we can do that now.

A friend owns bars in both Trenton and Taylor, so we are covered either way.

I like welding stuff for neighbors. It’s cements my neighborly man status as somewhere further up the food chain than them. There is a skilled-man hierarchy. “Bring the broken metal to me and stand back unskilled man-child”

That's part reason why I took the generator and welder down with the backhoe to do up the gate instead in the garage. :flipoff2:

me man. me glue metal together with electricity made from gasoline. ugh ugh ugh

Top Back Refresh