What's new

What exotic cars deliver? Paging Gary and other rich white old guys.

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
:flipoff2:

In an attempt to set a probably unrealistic but still aimable goal, I am curious what ~100k exotic cars deliver. Mercedes GT? New vette? Nissan GTR? Porsche gt3 or something? Aston Martin?

By deliver, I mean something that would hold its value fairly well, have the performance, quality, and hopefully an engine that will make it 80k miles without major work?

A manual gearbox is preferred

Porsche for sure. They retain their value better than just about anything off the showroom floor, parts are relatively easy to come by although expensive, and they have a rabid collector's base. Porsches can be purchased, driven like crazy, are fairly reliable, and tend to hold up well and last.

If you're looking for a collectable driver, it's tough to do better than a Porsche.

I just saw a new Corvette with manufacturer plates from the front and look like a Ferrari from the back is when I could tell it was a mid-engine Vette it sounded awesom.

but I agree with the others go Porsche... my buddy just picked one up 3 years old 42k it's his dream car....had 20k miles on it....

Porsche is like the most boring "exotic" out there. They have some bad ass cars, but they haven't barely changed their styling in 50 years.

Is resale really a huge priority with a toy?

I like the GTR's for the money, they often destroy cars 2-3x's the cost. Not a vette guy, but a C7 with a real manual would be fun.

I just saw a new Corvette with manufacturer plates from the front and look like a Ferrari from the back is when I could tell it was a mid-engine Vette it sounded awesom.

but I agree with the others go Porsche... my buddy just picked one up 3 years old 42k it's his dream car....had 20k miles on it....

Spotted an orange with black stripes in the wild on Tuesday. Sharp looking car. I'm sure there will be a couple in the parking lot at work soon. There are a few guys that daily drive C7's and one ZR1.

He's a retard with tennis balls on his walker and his dick is balls deep in your throat.:homer:

Damn,that's harder than I would Slam a door on a bad day. But it does bring us to the point that Gary and his Mustang Stories sound like a Teenage girl on the rag :laughing:

c8 is not available in manual transmission. 2019 ZR1 can be had for 100k ish. I had z06 and at 650hp/650tq it was a damn good time.

Ive seen the mid engine vette in person and it was sweet. Guy who owned it was a fucking schmuck tho.

c7 zr1 and c8 prices seem to be through thr roof on ebay, look like over msrp on the c8???

Porsche is like the most boring "exotic" out there. They have some bad ass cars, but they haven't barely changed their styling in 50 years.

I like the GTR's for the money, they often destroy cars 2-3x's the cost. Not a vette guy, but a C7 with a real manual would be fun.

Point of Porsche is that you can actually drive the damn thing and enjoy it and park it places and not get bothered by everyone and not have to take it in to be fixed all the time...but when you get an open road they drive just as well or better than not only anything in their price range, but also quite often above their range.

OP - take a serious look at a new Cayman or Boxster GTS 4.0 or GT4/Spyder. The 911 has gotten big and expensive, you'll have a hard time finding a GT3 for under 100k that isn't beat to shit.

Oh and as nice as Corvette's can be, the image that comes with them (and Mustangs, Camero's, Challenger's, Hellcats, and other domestic crap) just isn't worth it unless you want to be that balding middle manager 40 year old who thinks he's got a badass car.

Caymans are sweet, but they seem to depreciate stupid fast. Ive looked into Cayman S, used, maybe 30k, earlier this year but with a clean e39 m5 instead. I always thought caymn boxters were a lot of car for the money, because it doesnt have that 911 tag. However I feel that a cayman doesnt have that bling that other cars have.

On a side note, looks like the gt4 got a 7:28 at Nürburgring and the civic type r got 7:43. Disappointing number for the cayman.But that civic was nuts, very impressive! https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/anything-goes/nurburgring-lap-records-definitive-rundown

I never considered a Porsche an "exotic", just a weird douchebag mobile.
However I've wanted a Gallardo for a while painted some brite flashy color that screams "hey everybody, look at me in my mf'n Lambo" :lmao:

Other than Porsche, for around 100k-120k the Merc SLS AMG (hard top gull wing) will retain its value and be reliable. A cheaper and great alternative with higher mileage is the SL 550 or 63.

I never considered a Porsche an "exotic", just a weird douchebag mobile.
However I've wanted a Gallardo for a while painted some brite flashy color that screams "hey everybody, look at me in my mf'n Lambo" :lmao:

Lamborghini Gallardo was by far my favorite exotic car I have ever owned.

It did everything amazing, I had it for over a year and 10k miles and it never needed any service except for a clutch replacement.

Would fully recommend.

I have also had a few Turbo Porsche's including a GT2, and while they were also quite reliable, they do not feel the same as a Lamborghini.

I've heard the Porsche described as "antiseptic" and I agree. No style or personality.

Garret Mitchell (Cleetus) sold his C8 for $30k more that he paid for it. :laughing:

The 2019 ZR1 is stupid awesome. Far more terrifying than the 2017 Z06
The 2019 ZR1 will probably hold more value than most previous vettes as well, IMO, because its the last of the F/R Vettes. Also the first generation of the M/R will probably do well as far as retaining value for the same reason, IMO.

Point of Porsche is that you can actually drive the damn thing and enjoy it and park it places and not get bothered by everyone and not have to take it in to be fixed all the time...but when you get an open road they drive just as well or better than not only anything in their price range, but also quite often above their range.

OP - take a serious look at a new Cayman or Boxster GTS 4.0 or GT4/Spyder. The 911 has gotten big and expensive, you'll have a hard time finding a GT3 for under 100k that isn't beat to shit.

Oh and as nice as Corvette's can be, the image that comes with them (and Mustangs, Camero's, Challenger's, Hellcats, and other domestic crap) just isn't worth it unless you want to be that balding middle manager 40 year old who thinks he's got a badass car.

Porsche IS boring, though. No, I do not have the money to own or even drive exotic cars, and that just goes to show that Porsche is boring. When I dream about cars I can't attain, that dream never includes a Porsche.

Did a search, not one mention of an Audi R8. I wouldn't buy a regular Audi because there are many, many, many better and more reliable sedans. But among 'exotics' the R8 enjoys a stellar reputation for performance, driveability, reliability, and value.

Porsches (which are boring), R8s, GT-Rs, baby Lambos, and Corvettes seem to be the attainable supercars that are practical for those that can afford it. They are useful transportation machines.

As far as SanDiego CJ goes, he is a fan of the F12, which afaic is the greatest car Ferrari has ever built or maybe ever will build, what with hybrid and EV technology coming on.

Not that I would know, I have never even sat in any of the cars I mentioned except for a Corvette.

The nissan gt-r is looking good, and the 2010-2011 models are in the 50s.

I Still cant get over the fact of how fast a civic type R is around a track.

Top Back Refresh