What's new

What did you do to your Dodge today?

97 2wd, removed the front bumper and ordered parts.
1000019737.jpg
1000019735.jpg

The bottom radiator hose along with the right side of the radiator do not warm up even with the truck at operating temperature. Water pump maybe? Or because I have the heater core bypassed?

They do that when working as should. Hot in top, cool out bottom.
Dash reads 210. The water pump inlet is cold along with the water in the fill, it never built up pressure.

I don't notice these exact conditions in my chevys, they are more consistent temperatures across the engine and cooling system.

Can you grab the upper radiator hose without get burned when it’s at 210 on the dash?

Sound like either thermostat running too cool or radiator cap not sealing, and possibly inaccurate dash reading?

Can you grab the upper radiator hose without get burned when it’s at 210 on the dash?

Sound like either thermostat running too cool or radiator cap not sealing, and possibly inaccurate dash reading?
Upper radiator hose is scalding hot to the touch. I ordered a water pump and am going to order a thermostat and cap.

Ok. I got the new bumper on, I had to straighten the brackets out because apparently dodge uses two different mounting hole patterns on them. Of course I ordered the wrong ones.
1000039611.jpg

I installed the heater core and now the cooling system seems to work correctly :homer:.
1000039616.jpg

I broke the fuck out of everything that I touched in here but I got it changed.
If any of you have ever changed the heater core on one of these then you know that you have to remove the entire dash to change the heater core.

I didn't do that. I removed the top of the dash and cut the old heater core out. I then uncrimped the tubes on the new heater core and installed them, then the core itself. I recrimped the tubes into the core once it was all in place then reinstalled the hold downs.

I forgot about these. I couldn't get the plastic to snap in place without flattening these welds out with a soldering iron.
1000039608.jpg
1000039609.jpg

Installed Bank's cold air intake. Nice fit and finish. Seems to have made truck quieter.

Top Back Refresh