What's new

What did you do to your Dodge today?

ridenby

Member Number
Loc
Kentucky
I changed the headlight housings on 2007 3500.
20230826_121505.jpg
20230826_121457.jpg

Got tires put on last week. Changed fuel filter, nasty. Changed engine oil and filter.

Just switched out the 3rd gen electric fan clutch for the ol reliable ford obs manual style fan clutch. I cant believe I just put ford parts on my dodge...

Put a new windshield in 3500. Amazing.. Got a real rear hitch to install. 2.5" . The factory hitch is a little lite looking . Truck has a ball in bed.I have a nice bumper pull trailer...gooseneck is on mind.

3rd Gen. Started the POR15 paint treatment on the frame and underside body seams. Stuff works great! Need to pull the bed off next to repair a rotten crossmember and get the back half of the frame and gooseneck hitch.

Just replaced a headlight switch.....Always something to work on.

Front left axle U-joint is fubar. Got complete axle/u-joint coming in. Rotor and pads look good. Debating doing ball joints.

Switching Y-steering to T-steering Moog brand. Parts look very good. Still waiting on axles, Have unit bearings, need the axles.

Got the front sorted out and found out I won a gooseneck at govdeal . 350m away in Ga. Got an linement just to be sure and headed down after work friday. Trailer was as stated. Came home. No problems. Truck drove well. Got about 13mpg overall.
20231007_113232.jpg
20231007_113207.jpg

I changed both tail lights out since the OGs were weather beaten and broken, if you look closely you can tell they're new:flipoff2:
IMG_0027.jpeg

Also, and not visible in the picture, I changed oil, oil filter and fuel filter:flipoff2::flipoff2:
Nice truck. Like that body style.

I changed both tail lights out since the OGs were weather beaten and broken, if you look closely you can tell they're new:flipoff2:
IMG_0027.jpeg

Also, and not visible in the picture, I changed oil, oil filter and fuel filter:flipoff2::flipoff2:
When I first looked at this, I thought you had the worlds longest bale spear on back.

Nice looking truck.

Thanks for the compliments. She has 170k on her and I only had to rebuild the trans (Auto) at 165k.
What I did for it today was load it up for a dump run tomorrow and re-spray painted the front bumper. I took a couple of loads on Saturday before it closed at noon and have the last load going in tomorrow. The F350 in the carport is too pretty for dump runs:homer:
IMG_0174.jpeg

Replaced bottom seat cushion. Much improved. Cut out light gooseneck hitch and replaced with BW .

I need to do that, YouTube makes it look pretty easy. How long did it take?
Hour or so. I did it without removing seat from truck. Some seats have plastic trim on both sides,they will need removing. Mine have cloth sides.

Got a stock '94 air filter housing for $130 delivered, cause inspection. I think a common rail dually is in my future.

Later this month im gonna spend $110.95 for a oil dipstick. They are unique too 94-5. fucker broke as i was doing a last check before leaving Wa.

Got a stock '94 air filter housing for $130 delivered, cause inspection. I think a common rail dually is in my future.

Later this month im gonna spend $110.95 for a oil dipstick. They are unique too 94-5. fucker broke as i was doing a last check before leaving Wa.
I have both sitting in my storage unit.... better prices too.

Hauled 16000lbs of wrought iron fence, installed at a water reservoir in 1900. 40 eight foot panels. Did not think to take pics till after unload started. Loaded by hand, unloaded with forklift.
20231114_162823.jpg
20231114_162827.jpg
20231114_162844.jpg

Replaced pass. rear door wiring harness. Now I have working lock and window. Spliced a plug for fender light, now I have marker light. Got speedo to read within 2-3 mph of correct. Productive day.

Started in on the rear brakes,lot of groves,worn in about a 1/16 on each side. Parking brake stuff worn with no adjustment .

Swapped out stock springs and 3inch spacer, wore out shocks. Used 3inch Thuren Fab springs and Bilstein shocks. Big improvement.

Found out why I couldn’t put it in 3rd all of a sudden. 3rd gear and counter shaft missing teeth.
IMG_0370.jpeg

Finished up a lot on my tow pig today,took it for first drive after full build on 24 valve,full rebuild of nv5600,full rebuild of np241dhd,all new exhaust.....almost all of it done by my 10year old son,with supervision from me of course but he still had a hand on at least 75% of all the work.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.png
    IMG_0520.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0521.png
    IMG_0521.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0519.png
    IMG_0519.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg