What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Finally started the 6.blow today. After purging 3 gallons of water from the fuel system, it runs on 7 seven cylinders again. Smokes and the exhaust smells of wet rust.

Don't know that I'll get the chance to reseal the injectors any time soon. I'm to test drive it around this weekend to see if it still shuts down with air in the fuel.

Installed '13 F-250/350 rear shocks.

Shock on the left is new shock/32.5" long, shock on the right is current one/for 2" to 4" lift/26.5" long:
1657243507824.png

1657243548100.png

1657243594116.png

Going into dips, I could feel the old shocks max out while coming out/rear suspension rebounding! :eek: :homer:

Painted the under side of the dump bed yesterday after work. It sucked but, does look mo bettah!
I even shot the outer sides of the frame to "freshen" them up
Next on the list of things to do are the cam phaser lockouts. I know have the new bolts so just need to get my mind set on doing it.

Painted inside the body mount with some rust barrier. Trimmed the new pan and screwed it in for test fitting. Need to trim the old floor out a little more so the overlap won't look quite so shit from the bottom and make one more small patch at the rear corner of the new pan the prep everything for welding. Going to put some holes in so I can plug weld it to the body mount too.

PXL_20220714_022708545.jpg

Started welding on ^^ that tonight. Decided I couldn't live with lap welding the thing so I'm butt welding it along the back edge and the tunnel. The section of toe board from the inside of the body mount over to the side of the cab I'll lap because there's so much covered anyway. It's also mostly flat. More work/grinding doing it this way (Tack as is, cut old floor 5-6", tack, cut and so on) but it'll look less like hammered dogshit from underneath.

PXL_20220715_022728567.jpg

Started welding on ^^ that tonight. Decided I couldn't live with lap welding the thing so I'm butt welding it along the back edge and the tunnel. The section of toe board from the inside of the body mount over to the side of the cab I'll lap because there's so much covered anyway. It's also mostly flat. More work/grinding doing it this way (Tack as is, cut old floor 5-6", tack, cut and so on) but it'll look less like hammered dogshit from underneath.

PXL_20220715_022728567.jpg
Hopefully I'll be about to that sometime this coming winter.

Looks good....keep at it. :beer:

Haven't given an update on the 67 Bronco in awhile cause it's been a pain in my ass. Since my GF is the one driving it and it's more of a street truck than anything other than mild wheeling it's only getting 33's. It came with a Dana 30 so we figured that's plenty for her use. Got a disc brake conversion and that's where everything went wrong (keep in mind I mostly go down to the shop to work on this once a week on Saturdays):
  • went to pull the driver's spindle off and found one bolt was broken off. spent a bunch of time getting that out.
  • next visit go to put the new spindle on and find that we didn't get the WHOLE bolt out, and it has 2 drill bits stuck in it from the previous owner's failed extraction. So I take the knuckle off and order a new one from BroncoGraveyard.com for $45. Installed all new inner and outer axle seals.
  • next visit, go to put it all together with a new kingpin and find that one of the kingpin caps on the new knuckle has a stripped bolt-hole. Spend a bunch of time extracting the remaining bolt from the old knuckle.
  • next visit.. finally put the driver's side together with the new disc brake kit. Go to assemble the passenger side and of course one of the spindle mount bolt-holes in that knuckle is stripped. Order a heli-coil kit.
  • next visit get the passenger side disc brake conversion done and after over a month the Bronco is finally back on all 4 wheels.

In the end, I should have just taken the hit and bought a Bronco dana 44 with disc brakes already on it for the ridiculous price of $1500-2000 as I would have been ahead in this project, had a better axle, and just saved myself a ton of heart-ache. In the last two weeks I got the new wiring harness laid out and mostly hooked up and I'm onto more fun things like getting the engine running. Aiming to start her up by the end of July/first week of august.

As for the '78 F150, I've been fighting a weird lean-spike at about 900-1200RPM (I have a wide-band A/F gauge). It smooths out and runs completely fine otherwise. Going to make another thread about that. Otherwise, I finally bought a saginaw steering pump with dual returns for my future hydroboost set-up so now I can finish the AC install and start saving up for hydroboost.. the last thing before 1-tons.

Oh yeah, this happened when I moved the truck into the garage to tinker and tried to get out:

IMG_1612.jpg

Got after replacing the driver's floor. The plain sheet metal was how I got the truck, though it wasn't attached at all, I tacked it so it would stay in one place. Not sure why the PO was so against just buying some floor pans, they're pretty cheap and they were probably cheaper 6 years ago.
PXL_20220716_205524290.jpg

Picked that stuff off carefully because it's still good sheet metal for the most part, this is what was left of the original. I removed some of the section under the gas pedal with the shop-vac

PXL_20220716_210322095.jpg

And the new one installed. Went ahead and closed up some other bonus holes in the floor like where the old fuel selector valve poked through. Next I get to replace a bunch of the lower a-pillar/inner cowl. Luckily I procrastinated long enough that now AMD sells the sections of the outer cowl that rotted through, I'll gladly trade $$$ for the time it would take to make em.

PXL_20220717_202022589.jpg

And the new one installed. Went ahead and closed up some other bonus holes in the floor like where the old fuel selector valve poked through. Next I get to replace a bunch of the lower a-pillar/inner cowl. Luckily I procrastinated long enough that now AMD sells the sections of the outer cowl that rotted through, I'll gladly trade $$$ for the time it would take to make em.

PXL_20220717_202022589.jpg
What's the black goop?

Liquid Nails stuff?
Gasket sealer/maker?

Looks good:beer:

What's the black goop?

Liquid Nails stuff?
Gasket sealer/maker?

Looks good:beer:
Seam sealer. Mostly needed along the door edge and toe board where it's lap welded or plug welded but it's cheap insurance on the rest of it. Did the overlapping sections from the bottom as much as I can get at with a caulking gun anyway.

Finally got my hands on my Uncle's truck. He bought it new in 97 and its been sitting for YEARS in his driveway. Been on him for years about it, and today was the day he said i could come get it. 97 350 7.3L ZF5 38k miles
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg
IMG_7123.jpg
IMG_2773.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my hands on my Uncle's truck. He bought it new in 97 and its been sitting for YEARS in his driveway. Been on him for years about it, and today was the day he said i could come get it. 97 350 ZF5 38k miles
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg
IMG_7123.jpg
IMG_2773.jpg
Oh; fug you royally!:mad3:

That's an awesome score!:flipoff2::laughing::smokin::beer:

What of MD you in?
I'm originally from the inner city shithole Baltimore.

Oh; fug you royally!:mad3:

That's an awesome score!:flipoff2::laughing::smokin::beer:

What of MD you in?
I'm originally from the inner city shithole Baltimore.
Cant think of any reasons why you left......

Im down in SO MD. Commuting distance to the lovely District

Top Back Refresh