What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Pulled the driver's fender so I can start in on the last of the real bad rot in the cab. Ordered the cowl end piece and the bottom corner of the door jamb, nobody makes the kick panel area but I think the old floor patch will cover it.

PXL_20220722_015645851.jpg

PXL_20220722_011313241.jpg

PXL_20220722_011303334.jpg

the kick panel wouldn’t be too hard to shape by hand. Cutting the curve would be challenging without a plasma cutter though.

Welded up all the extra holes in the transmission tunnel and flattened out a ton of various boo-boos its had over the years like having the transmission pulled without removing the floor. Nutserted all the holes in the cab floor so I could install it with 1/4" bolts instead of sheet metal screws too. This has never been fully sealed up/bolted down the whole time I've owned the truck.

PXL_20220724_181727815.jpg

Raised the front end of the Bronco by the frame.
Discovered I need longer front brake lines.

But what about sensor wire-thingy that's zipped-tied to the brake lines?
Do I need longer sensor wires as well?

I remember when I thought BII's were just so lame.. but the past few years I've been wishing I had one. That looks great by the way.
Same here, I was never a fan, but it's just a little bit of nostalgia that I'm enjoying.
I've always been an early bronco guy and owned a few fullsizes as well, so I figured I might as well try out a B2 for a while.

More a-pillar patchin'. Found more rot in the bottom but the patch I bought for the door jamb side wrapped all the way around so I replaced the front lower corner and the section of pinch weld area that I cut out previously. Probably coulda/shoulda run this higher but I'll just weld through that notch when I fill the kick panel in

PXL_20220727_023803513.jpg

PXL_20220727_024028720.jpg

Forgot to get pictures of it being out, but I aired up the right rear on the 85 Bronco last night, dumped a battery in it, and the old bastard fired right up and motored across the yard yesterday evening after over a year of sitting. It needs cooling system work which I'm ordering parts for, but damn if it isn't a loyal old goat.

broncoparts.JPG

Forgot to get pictures of it being out, but I aired up the right rear on the 85 Bronco last night, dumped a battery in it, and the old bastard fired right up and motored across the yard yesterday evening after over a year of sitting. It needs cooling system work which I'm ordering parts for, but damn if it isn't a loyal old goat.

broncoparts.JPG
You're missing a part if you want to install that sensor in that adapter. I'm not gonna tell you what because I want it to be a surprise. :laughing:

More a-pillar patchin'. Found more rot in the bottom but the patch I bought for the door jamb side wrapped all the way around so I replaced the front lower corner and the section of pinch weld area that I cut out previously. Probably coulda/shoulda run this higher but I'll just weld through that notch when I fill the kick panel in

PXL_20220727_023803513.jpg

PXL_20220727_024028720.jpg

Oh; putting in a Jeep vent?!:flipoff2::laughing:

Well, LMC is clearly shopping by lowest price first when they take bids from the stamping plants in Taiwan. I expect to have to shape a patch some but this cowl end was just fucked at least 1/4" shallower than stock. I ended up doing a bunch of relief cuts and beating to get them to meet in the middle. Only pic I took was after my initial rough cut but it really didn't get better from here fit wise. I got it good enough to seam seal over and hide under a fender.

PXL_20220731_162753019.jpg

Finally turned a corner and started reassembling, truck looks much less sad with the fender back on.

PXL_20220731_200700451.jpg

Had to have it towed in :shaking: I guess the starter shit the bed, with 218K on it I guess it was time.
I bought a starter but no way for me to change it out in the Stewarts parking lot. Had it towed to my mechanics.
SpUMKUkm.jpg

Last weekend I tried to do the oil cooler, but the one I bought last fall was clearly returned used...covered in filth and grit. So I ordered a new one, and did that today. Dumped oil and antifreeze all over the driveway, need to buy a flush kit and run that through the system, but filled with water for now and put a new overflow bottle on it.

Still gotta figure it where the driver's side air bag is leaking. Dunno if it's bag, line, or fitting.

Have been mulling mover this decision for awhile.. when I bought the F150 I was living in Virginia and didn't have to smog it. Brought it back with me to CA and passed smog but I know that its going to be a limiting factor for how I ultimately want to build a 73-79 F-series. It also doesn't help that one of my buddies is putting a Godzilla 7.3 in his full-width early Bronco (going to be an awesome build, he previously had a turbo 351w in it).

SO, the plan is to finish the AC install (put the compressor on, finish under-hood wiring), do some minor body work (tiny bit of rust repair and pull a couple dents), rebuild the carburetor (has worn throttle shaft), and see if I can sell it for a decent amount to someone looking to finish it (basically bodywork/paint) and let someone enjoy a restored dent side instead of me tearing it all up.

This Sunday I'm supposed to look at a 73 F250 Highboy on H1 wheels/tires that has some rust issues that from the looks of it I shouldn't have any trouble taking care of. Has a 390/C6/divorced t-case (not sure what exactly), manual steering. Will find out more if I get to check it out. Plan would be to do the Super Duty axle swap first-thing since I have all of the parts as I want a coil sprung suspension up front, need better brakes (w/hydroboost), and power-steering, rear axle has an e-locker, throw my new 40's and aluminum wheels on. I'll probably enjoy it enough with the 390/c6 for awhile before I dive into the Godzilla swap. Shortening the bed/frame might be in it's future as well.

This is the F250 from the ad:

01212_cXLyNbsHDfIz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Drug this home today.
20220802_190012.jpg

Bed will eventually go away for a flatbed and hopefully find a 60 to stuff up front. Good bones though 460, 5sp. Will be my work truck till my boys start driving then they each get 1 year to drive it till they get their own ride. I'm hoping the mpg the 460 provides will motivate them to get their own wheels. Mpg don't bother dad as much cause it's all worked into the bids :flipoff2: :lmao:.

Edit: cause they ain't touching dad's real Ford.
16594941011471915391605822888055.jpg

With the help of my mechanic we were able to get the starter in, it was touch and go for a moment...lol....Those damn 8mm bolts with 10mm heads :shaking:
Anyway it's done! Fires up way better than it ever has :smokin:
Next item on the adjenda is a track bar

Top Back Refresh