What's new

War Pig Version 12

found your headlight bezels

1686157738550.png

polished that turd up with the shiny paint :homer:

If I ever get the 68' onto a damn truck out of Cali and to me in CT, I could probably use some of the parts off this rust bucket. But I need to know what I've got to start before I get to parts collecting. I've had it saved, but suspect it'll go to scrap before I could get to it. and it's got a plow which I have no use for and makes it a pain to move. So maybe Grendel will buy it for the bezels and I can go steal the front bumper and some other shit off it for mine :laughing:

dunno how close you are, but if the plow is any sort of not trash it might recoup some $$ too. If it's still around when my truck shows I'll let you know if I get tempted to act

I am not getting involved in that thing... already have too much going on to dismantle it.

if I bring the generator and 4.5" grinder I bet I can shove it in my shitty little 4x8 trailer :laughing: Except I'm pretty sure that'd overload it by at least 50%, with a dry-cracked tire and pre-bent axle:homer:

but really. i'll let you know if i make a move on it. I could use the front bumper, drivers glass, maybe some interior trim/etc. Of course I hope mines' as solid as it looks, but who knows

if I bring the generator and 4.5" grinder I bet I can shove it in my shitty little 4x8 trailer :laughing: Except I'm pretty sure that'd overload it by at least 50%, with a dry-cracked tire and pre-bent axle:homer:

but really. i'll let you know if i make a move on it. I could use the front bumper, drivers glass, maybe some interior trim/etc. Of course I hope mines' as solid as it looks, but who knows
You can borrow my trailer with winch if you like?

I'll stop derailing. If I (probably wont but who knows) grab it, Arse you can have whatever drivetrain shit you want.

thanks Grendel. Wouldn't be worth the back and forth, I'm down in Hartford. Uhaul day rental would be the play, plus some cutoff wheels / little ATV winch / etc to get it onto a trailer

So, back onto the build... finding a step side tail gate is tough, so I bought one off eBay... and they lied, it was fleet side, which is narrower.

500.00 for this one.
And y'all know that I need to build this thing tough. In fact, the entire box is going to be 1/8.

So I cut it. I am adding all the factory IH details, but made my own top cap and pivot tube. Will also use later model latches and drop downs.

Attachments

• tg.jpg
    tg.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 27
  • tg1.jpg
    tg1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 25
  • tg2.jpg
    tg2.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 27
  • TG3.jpg
    TG3.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Image from iOS (16).jpg
    Image from iOS (16).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Image from iOS (15).jpg
    Image from iOS (15).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Image from iOS (14).jpg
    Image from iOS (14).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Hauled this to the shop yesterday - starting wiring and final fab, before paint.

Had to, did a roof on my house today and the dumpster needed to live where it is.

I am sick of pushing it, so it will move under it's own power.

might have missed it - what steering column did you throw in it? Doesn't look too modern, but does look like it's got tilt?

might have missed it - what steering column did you throw in it? Doesn't look too modern, but does look like it's got tilt?

thanks - was hoping it was a cheap takeout from the junkyard :laughing:

pretty much just confirmed you did get the last windshield in the northeast. 5 vendors of PaylessAutoGlass in the northeast, none have it and the west coast vendor won't ship it over. Gonna try Safelight for shits but it looks like I'll be paying $600-700 for one. Just ordered a gasket for $75, so that's "cheap"

I'll eventually start a new thread showing my POS. Thanks for bearing with the questions. Still might get parts off that rotted plow truck, unless a guy in NC comes thru with some drivers door parts I'm missing

thanks - was hoping it was a cheap takeout from the junkyard :laughing:

pretty much just confirmed you did get the last windshield in the northeast. 5 vendors of PaylessAutoGlass in the northeast, none have it and the west coast vendor won't ship it over. Gonna try Safelight for shits but it looks like I'll be paying $600-700 for one. Just ordered a gasket for $75, so that's "cheap"

I'll eventually start a new thread showing my POS. Thanks for bearing with the questions. Still might get parts off that rotted plow truck, unless a guy in NC comes thru with some drivers door parts I'm missing
I have 3 windshields, if you want one?

I also have a 67-72 Chevy column, which is what mine is based on, if you want to rebuild that.

You should have hit me up for a tailgate, I don’t have a step side one, but I’d have sold you a fleet side one cheap.

You should have hit me up for a tailgate, I don’t have a step side one, but I’d have sold you a fleet side one cheap.
Thanks. I am not sure I am going to use the one we built.

I found one on eBay, that is solid as fuck.

Top Back Refresh