What's new

Wait, What? WHO warns against COVID-19 lockdowns due to economic damage

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

that's alot of zeros.

My area is still in full retard mode. I don’t know what happened. For awhile, it was 70% didn’t wear masks, now it’s like .5% are not wearing masks. Oh and the capacity limits are absolutely stupid. Wolf will go down as the worst governor Pennsylvania has ever had.

I live in Greensburg. Honestly I just feel defeated at this point, have had enough dirty looks shot my way to just put on a face diaper, get my shit done as quickly as possible and leave. I shop as little as possible, I've gone out to eat exactly once since March and it was annoying. Wolf has been awful

I live in Greensburg. Honestly I just feel defeated at this point, have had enough dirty looks shot my way to just put on a face diaper, get my shit done as quickly as possible and leave. I shop as little as possible, I've gone out to eat exactly once since March and it was annoying. Wolf has been awful

Well, lucky for you your numbers are up, and my inlaws canceled their trip to Pennsylvania that was going to happen next week...i was hoping they'd go and get sick:stirthepot:

Wow, are you saying that we have been right this whole time, and using a mask is actually worse for your health? Man, too bad i was called "a tradesman who is in over his head" evernoob this is an "i told you so" post:flipoff2:

I was saying that when this all kicked off, ANY form of PPE not worn and cared for correctly will not protect you and will usually make the situation worse. Their campaign of "just wear a mask" without explaining the other hazards of them, was making me go nuts when this kicked off. Not talking about CO2, it's that you now have a wet cloth covered in god knows what over a bunch of mucas membranes that you are constantly fucking with with your dick beaters.

I was saying that when this all kicked off, ANY form of PPE not worn and cared for correctly will not protect you and will usually make the situation worse. Their campaign of "just wear a mask" without explaining the other hazards of them, was making me go nuts when this kicked off. Not talking about CO2, it's that you now have a wet cloth covered in god knows what over a bunch of mucas membranes that you are constantly fucking with with your dick beaters.

Ask my wife, i ranted daily about the mask mandates for these exact reasons.... i also made my voice heard throughout our family when the lockdowns began in March. People who knew they needed to stay safe should've done that, but you don't lock the entire populace down on a whim... and it wasn't anything other than that, a whim. Once they doubled down i was Irate:lmao:Now they're quadrupling down on this shit to try to win the election:mad3:Once the election is over(if Joe wins gawd i hope not) they will open the country back up and claim victory over the virus all the while chanting about how if they hadn't acted, we would all be dead:crybaby2:If Trump wins, expect 4 more years of scary viruses and more lockdowns to cripple the economy even further so they can blame Trump....

Ask my wife, i ranted daily about the mask mandates for these exact reasons.... i also made my voice heard throughout our family when the lockdowns began in March. People who knew they needed to stay safe should've done that, but you don't lock the entire populace down on a whim... and it wasn't anything other than that, a whim. Once they doubled down i was Irate:lmao:Now they're quadrupling down on this shit to try to win the election:mad3:Once the election is over(if Joe wins gawd i hope not) they will open the country back up and claim victory over the virus all the while chanting about how if they hadn't acted, we would all be dead:crybaby2:If Trump wins, expect 4 more years of scary viruses and more lockdowns to cripple the economy even further so they can blame Trump....

I also love how they just ignored taking care of yourself and getting healthy. We have an immune system to handle this shit, give it the tools to fight it.

I don't see it going away anytime soon regardless who gets elected, has the TSA or any of their dumbass mandates and procedures gone away?

Man, I know the feeling. If you don't wear a mask the stares are everywhere. I can honestly say it gets harder and harder to ignore them. Like, to the point of wanting to punch someone in the face if they say something, and most likely following through.

Some places, though, I will not wear one. Like Home Depot. I'm headed there this Thursday, and I need 24 sheets of drywall. I'm not dealing with a mask while dealing with moving those sheets around. Not to mention, I can't understand or hear anyone that tries to talk to me with a stupid mask on, especially from behind plexiglass!

To date, I have not eaten out at a restaurant in Pennsylvania since before March. We've eaten in restaurants in West Virginia, Kansas, Colorado, and maybe once in Missouri...but I refuse to sit down and deal with the stupidity in this state. Sympathy for the employees and the business owners, but I don't care about supporting business anymore if they're not going to fight back. Family Tradition in Harrisville told the inspectors, "Go fuck yourselves, I have a business to run," and they've been mask free for months.

Rock Auto, Amazon, and anywhere else will get the majority of my business.

Exactly. There is so much cross contamination and danger to wearing a mask, especially all day, that it's scary. Anyone who knows anything about sanitation knows you can't just constantly pull a mask from your pocket, which might be there with dirty cash and coins, and keep sticking it on your face against your mouth and nose.

The mask wearers also forget that it's not a substitution for social distancing. Just stay back. I like my personal space as is, without being told to do so. :homer:

Why is the media still reporting 210,000 dead? Didn't the CDC debunk that figure weeks ago? Something like only 6% died solely from COVID? It's almost like everyone on the left is praying for more deaths just so they can point to a single man and say he killed grandma.

I repeat, THE FRAUD OF THE CENTURY.

I went and studied the CDC guidelines for mask usage as PART of the overall strategy for mitigating transmission. Then I observed human nature and everyone almost constantly touching their mask and face without the appropriate disinfecting that is supposed to be done. I arrived at the conclusion that the mask bullshit is about as effective as tossing a fucking floor mat on a steel winch cable to slow it down when it breaks under high load. About fucking useless.

I also love how they just ignored taking care of yourself and getting healthy. We have an immune system to handle this shit, give it the tools to fight it.

I don't see it going away anytime soon regardless who gets elected, has the TSA or any of their dumbass mandates and procedures gone away?

I kept saying the same thing, personal hygiene is key...
I just sent my mil the links to the who article and the cdc article, this is her response without even opening the second one "Fwd:The Federalist is an extreme right wing that does not believe in science." Notice the first article gets no mention..
What should i send her next, i was thinking Provience research about the Spanish flu and mask findings of that Era.... give me some links bro!

I really think my scenario is spot on. Mighty
Joe will try to claim victory over the virus very early in his presidency....

Why is the media still reporting 210,000 dead? Didn't the CDC debunk that figure weeks ago? Something like only 6% died solely from COVID? It's almost like everyone on the left is praying for more deaths just so they can point to a single man and say he killed grandma.

"How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!" - Samuel Clemens.

sheep.jpg

"Grandma was a bit frail and died after she caught covid, but it wasn't the covid that killed her because she had the beetus"

Why are you people still clinging to this stupid line of thinking?

I kept saying the same thing, personal hygiene is key...
I just sent my mil the links to the who article and the cdc article, this is her response without even opening the second one "Fwd:The Federalist is an extreme right wing that does not believe in science." Notice the first article gets no mention..
What should i send her next, i was thinking Provience research about the Spanish flu and mask findings of that Era.... give me some links bro!

I really think my scenario is spot on. Mighty
Joe will try to claim victory over the virus very early in his presidency....

https://update.lib.berkeley.edu/202...mic-and-the-meaning-of-layered-interventions/

it now starts with a caveat about "we can't rely on history to dictate modern action" because ANYTHING viewed as "against the state" is considered against the emergency measures and subject to cleansing.

And so many people wondered why Trump slammed WHO. :rolleyes:

trump slammed the WHO because the WHO slammed trump over his travel ban and because China wouldn't allow the US in to their numbers but did "filter" them through the WHO.

I'm still ok with reducing US funding for the WHO, and the WHO has long been on a reasonably scientific path

Over here, in a country that is fully masked and distanced (no lockdowns) we have about 4K new infections.
USA, were 50/50 do masking and people meet up for BBQs, about 53K new infections, down from 71K. ((compared to Germanies 16K, adjusted)

What is different? (Writing this from my office, where everything is as normal, nobody is wearing masks and shit, people getting food delivered and everyone talking about wtf is going on in the USA.

Last edited:
"How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!" - Samuel Clemens.

Ha, don't give them that kind of credit... the peyote behind the puppets are definitely sheep, they are NOT wolves. We are the wolves my friend, just keeping busy, sitting back, waiting for the war howl.

Over here, in a country that is fully masked and distanced (no lockdowns) we have about 4K new infections.
USA, were 50/50 do masking and people meet up for BBQs, about 53K new infections, down from 71K. ((compared to Germanies 16K, adjusted)

What is different? (Writing this from my office, where everything is as normal, nobody is wearing masks and shit, people getting food delivered and everyone talking about wtf is going on in the USA.

Hey smooth
​​​​​​ brain: https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/coun...states/germany

There's your main difference.

You also discount cultural differences, germans keep to themselves and follow rules, americans do not. No amount of masking edicts will change that. In my time in germany I never heard "I'm a hugger" as some swamp creature is just instantly hugging you the second they meet you:mad3: unlike here in the states.

Last edited:
I realize this, but isn't that dismissing science? I can easily make that argument to my mil. Since that is how she discredits the Federalist article....

Easy just don't talk to you mother in law. I have an idiot one as well, I just ignore her.

Top Back Refresh