What's new

Useless things about your day!

it ever come back down somewhat, or it still on plandemic supply pinch pricing?
Much lower than it was. Peak price I paid was something around $5.75lb, and it was hard to get. Recently under $3 lb.

I mostly deal with a local service center so it gets marked up 2 times from mill prices.

Last edited:
No matter how long I think about I can't come up with a serious fault in the "stack of high grade stainless sheets" plan (beyond the obvious going all in on one commodity thing). Heck, you can even bury them if you're worried about them going missing either because methheads or government/creditors.

I've thought about this several times but you have to know people who get emergency calls for stainless parts. Last year we had a last minute equipment change that that required 2 inch 316. We searched all over and ended up using a tiny machine shop in some guys backyard that apparently occasionally does this kind of work in an emergency so he has that material on hand.

You also either have to have/keep the mill certs and traceability paperwork or know people who do work for people that don't care as long as it works.
it ever come back down somewhat, or it still on plandemic supply pinch pricing?

Stainless has been high for a long time, even before the 2020. The Russian situation has hit nickel and other important industrial minerals pretty hard.

Glowshift pyro gauge worked great for several years and then wigged out last night on a long hill in the pissing rain, in the dark 45 minutes from destination. Turned the tuner down to stock and got there. Checked my grounds today and they seem good so I put in a warranty claim. Apparently they're really good about warranty, so we'll see.

Traded a carved bear for a safe. Not bad moving it on your own if you’re not dumb about it.
IMG_6210.jpeg
IMG_6211.jpeg

Glowshift pyro gauge worked great for several years and then wigged out last night on a long hill in the pissing rain, in the dark 45 minutes from destination. Turned the tuner down to stock and got there. Checked my grounds today and they seem good so I put in a warranty claim. Apparently they're really good about warranty, so we'll see.
I kinda stopped installing pyrometers
boost gauge and side mirror tells you most of what you need to know

Took the car for a drive to get a datalog for my tuner and rolling into the throttle it still has a bad wheel hop issue.I thought I’d fixed that this go around with double adjustable shocks. The car has always had wheel hop issues, I built new control arms out of DOM and poly bushings and stiffer wagon springs. The regular 58-64 cars only had a 3 link rear with a pan hard but 409 cars had the extra upper control arm. I think the next step is to add that extra arm and see if it helps control the rear.

I got back home and looked over the log, turns out I hit 132kpa which was 19psi apparently. I guess my 7psi wastegate spring setup needs attention as well. The 4.10’s are coming out for some 3.55’s

Last edited:
them dudes on the rear tire ones, they won't fold straight up out of the way, but...
That what I use for the snowboard bar tops on the other side. I'm smelling what you stepped in, and it's not bad. :laughing:

Took the car for a drive to get a datalog for my tuner and rolling into the throttle it still has a bad wheel hop issue.I thought I’d fixed that this go around with double adjustable shocks. The car has always had wheel hop issues, I built new control arms out of DOM and poly bushings and stiffer wagon springs. The regular 58-64 cars only had a 3 link rear with a pan hard but 409 cars had the extra upper control arm. I think the next step is to add that extra arm and see if it helps control the rear.

I got back home and looked over the log, turns out I hit 132kpa which was 19psi apparently. I guess my 7psi wastegate spring setup needs attention as well. The 4.10’s are coming out for some 3.55’s

It's not 19psi manifold pressure. ~100kpa (or whatever your local atmospheric pressure is) is essentially 0, so you only saw ~32kPa of pressure.

Conversion+Chart-1020964905.png

Also today I got the Probe running for the first time since 2014 if the sticker is to be believed.

The IAC just straight doesn't work. I have to keep a vacuum line unplugged to get it to idle. :laughing:

Who the fuck puts a bra on a car that looks that good. Say nothing of all the trapped grit fucking the paint. Stupid boomers.

attachment(473).jpg

Made a little wooden set of rifle hangers, made the backs to look like Oklahoma...then I sat back and looked at the rotary Subaru project...

Attachments

• 20240930_124441.jpg
    20240930_124441.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240930_133318.jpg
    20240930_133318.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
I’m standing in the kitchen having a snack after work when I start to hear a rumble. We seem to be in a flight path for aircraft leaving Sacramento going south, so it’s not unusual to hear aircraft. This rumble was getting louder, and sounded different. When I checked my Flight radar app I was bummed it was already to far away to see 😕

688F0F6A-579C-46F6-988A-076DCA3D48DC.jpeg
That thing sounded amazing :smokin: :usa:

Top Back Refresh