What's new

Useless things about your day!

Totally with you on that^ :beer:
It used to be a cool thing back when I was in high school that only the crusty old dudes in CJs would every really wave, and I'd always throw a wave back.

Then 4 door jeeps showed up and people were no longer daily-ing their wheeling rig, they were wheeling their daily rig.

Lol. I'd pay to ship it over here. :laughing:
You'd like this one too then, need to move the axle back about a foot but I don't hate it

truck.jpg

1st and 2nd test drive in the belair went mostly successful. I made it back home, she made turbo noises and I’ve got a few things to work on. 2nd test drive had my 9yr old with me. The silicone hose caps didn’t hold up to one 7psi pull but it felt good. Still have some chrome trim to add around the grill amongst other things.
IMG-4075.jpg
IMG-2646.jpg

i got the lid taken off and looked inside.. it was much better than I thought. I think the gears will be fine. just need to replace two bearings and the one seal at minimum. while I have it apart I am going to replace all of them. The gearbox was dry. I assumed since the seals weren't dripping oil that they were good and it was full of oil. I have no idea how I mowed 50 acres or so with it since I got it. :shaking:

this is 100% on me.. Today I am gonna finish up the last little bit of the mowing I have to do with my 3 point mower and then pull this box apart and see if I can find a couple #'s on the bearings and seals and see if I can get some.

Not shocked if it’s cheaper to rebuild a big box like that. Mine is on a 45 hp shredder. I think the bearings on the bevel gear let loose on mine. I will pull it, and look into rebuilding it so I have a spare if needed in the future.

I am pretty sure mine is a Bush Hog 2615. It was given to me by the widow lady that I do side work for. I need to see if she has the book for it. Mine is a 540 pto. Looks like I can buy a 1000 PTO splitter box but the 540 are NLA for whatever reason. Nothing shows up during my Google-fu for 540 anyway

My 75 year old collecting dad gave me a 17 cubic foot trailer to use behind my JD 318 when I'm apparently not wanting to use the 7 or 10 cubic foot trailers I already have.

So I am spending most of what a new one costs to half ass paint it and put new tires on it. I risked life and limb to ratchet strap these stupid things to get the beads to seat enough. I despise this size more than any other tire.

IMG_20240824_173357528.jpg

IMG_20240824_182054767.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure mine is a Bush Hog 2615. It was given to me by the widow lady that I do side work for. I need to see if she has the book for it. Mine is a 540 pto. Looks like I can buy a 1000 PTO splitter box but the 540 are NLA for whatever reason. Nothing shows up during my Google-fu for 540 anyway
FIMIC Implement LLC

This is who I ordered my box from. Give the guy a call, he might be able to help you find it.

My 75 year old collecting dad gave me a 17 cubic foot trailer to use behind my JD 318 when I'm apparently not wanting to use the 7 or 10 cubic foot trailers I already have.

So I am spending most of what a new one costs to half ass paint it and put new tires on it. I risked life and limb to ratchet strap these stupid things to get the beads to seat enough. I despise this size more than any other tire.

IMG_20240824_173357528.jpg

IMG_20240824_182054767.jpg
You need a Cheetah! That's how the idiots get 195/50R15's to seat on 15x8" rims for that "stretched" look... I used mine with about 120psi in it to shoot a 5gal bucket about 100yds once, other guys in the shop about DIED laughing! :lmao:

1st and 2nd test drive in the belair went mostly successful. I made it back home, she made turbo noises and I’ve got a few things to work on. 2nd test drive had my 9yr old with me. The silicone hose caps didn’t hold up to one 7psi pull but it felt good. Still have some chrome trim to add around the grill amongst other things.
IMG-4075.jpg
IMG-2646.jpg
I dated a strawberry blonde in high school that had that exact car but a 4 door.

BIG back seat. YUGE. :grinpimp:

You need a Cheetah! That's how the idiots get 195/50R15's to seat on 15x8" rims for that "stretched" look... I used mine with about 120psi in it to shoot a 5gal bucket about 100yds once, other guys in the shop about DIED laughing! :lmao:

Got one. Getting them to take air isn't the problem. Gettng the beads to spread enough to totally seat on the bead itself is. These got kicked up to 60 psi 4 times before the beads finally spread enough to hold onto the rim when deflated.

In other news I still hate painting. Better than it was I guess. With Rust-Oleum at around $10 a can and being 4 cans in this is going to be good enough.

IMG_20240825_144630088.jpg

Goddam dude you moving single wides on the weekends with your mower?

:confused:

Considering the 54" 4 way hydraulic blade I have for this is still the same blade they sell for the diesel 4x4 1025R, yeah it's a built little beast.

You never think you want power steering on a garden tractor but once you got it oh man. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh