What's new

US Army ditching NATO cartridge?

Doh! I had it basakwards, I though the .220 came first.
uh... Maybe?
I don't know, point was, just go for the most common one over some obscure shit that everyone's heard of vaguely but never once seen a single example of. You know?
I had a hard-on for a SP10 from Seekins in 6.5CM, but I don't really have a use for it. In PRS that big old bolt slamming back and forth makes it hard to keep the reticle on target, but I did want something that shot a heavier/higher BC bullet and when ARC came out I jumped.
but cm is a bigger case, so it can... Right the other one's a 6mm.
Should troll all the big money guys and play around with a .243 instead of that stupid 6mm ARC :flipoff2:
i'm sorry Sir, if you want a point, you'll need to go way the fuck somewhere else. Self serving is the only point allowed here.
I'm confused.

I'm confused.

you said you don't have a rifle in 6.5cm because you couldn't justify it, or find a point. The point is, there is no point.

just like removing the S from 6 makes 9. you don't need a point to converse on the internet or buy another rifle :flipoff2:

uh... Maybe?
I don't know, point was, just go for the most common one over some obscure shit that everyone's heard of vaguely but never once seen a single example of. You know?but cm is a bigger case, so it can... Right the other one's a 6mm.
Should troll all the big money guys and play around with a .243 instead of that stupid 6mm ARC :flipoff2:

I'm confused.
i think .243 has to use the large frame and the lighter bullets would help with recoil, but you'd still have that big bolt. The advantage of the 6ARC is that it uses AR15 platform, so lighter recrip mass. I thought you knew all that, or maybe I'm not picking up what you're laying down...:laughing:

Oh, and I just found 500 6.5 Grendel Lapua cases at Midsouth. Guess I'm going to be doing some sizing and trimming. :grinpimp:

i think .243 has to use the large frame and the lighter bullets would help with recoil, but you'd still have that big bolt. The advantage of the 6ARC is that it uses AR15 platform, so lighter recrip mass. I thought you knew all that, or maybe I'm not picking up what you're laying down...:laughing:
It didn't click in my head that the ARC will actually fit in a stanag mag and all, mind was stuck on autistic 90gr .223 loads too long to fit in the magazine
also was thinking 'bolt gun' and the discussion of the "308 sized" creedmoor was stuck in the brainbox too

I'm wierded out by all this and 6.5 grendel is making a lot more sense now. Less boutique gear-queery and more purposeful.

you said you don't have a rifle in 6.5cm because you couldn't justify it, or find a point. The point is, there is no point.

just like removing the S from 6 makes 9. you don't need a point to converse on the internet or buy another rifle :flipoff2:
ehhh I've got higher short-term priorities for the money
honestly, wasting some money on slapping together a flat top tight chambered heavy barrel upper for 77gr stuff would probably do me the most good for the least investment.

It didn't click in my head that the ARC will actually fit in a stanag mag and all, mind was stuck on autistic 90gr .223 loads too long to fit in the magazine
also was thinking 'bolt gun' and the discussion of the "308 sized" creedmoor was stuck in the brainbox too

I'm wierded out by all this and 6.5 grendel is making a lot more sense now. Less boutique gear-queery and more purposeful.
I really wanted .224 Valkyrie to work, but I don't know anyone personally that has made it work in a gas gun, bolt gun sure, but not in a gasser, so was pretty excited by the ballistics of the ARC, and the relatively low chamber pressure should lead to a long barrel life.

ARC uses Grendel mags, so 17 and 25 ct. My comps allow 20 rounds but I never need that many so I use the 17round mags for movement in and out of barricades, and just keep a spare on my hip if I do need that extra 3 shots.

If you haven’t read this report, it’s pretty favorable of the 6.5 Grendel.

I was tempted to get into that caliber, but 458S got me and I went down that road instead. It’s still tempting, but holy crap it’s crazy trying to feed the calibers I have as it is.

I finally watched the Forgotten Weapons video and he makes the point that the rifle will likely be lost or damaged before the barrel is worn out. I'm guessing you could shoot out a Spear with the HP rounds in less than a thousand, even with that fancy barrel extension.

I've got a load for my bolt 6.5CM with 121g Warner Flatlines that is over 3100fps and still has 1600 lb ft at 500 and is still supersonic at 1700yds. I don't know if you could duplicate that in an AR10, but maybe with a 22" suppressed barrel. Of course you'd still have a buffer tube, so you'd have to make some sort of folding stock for getting in and out of vehicles. The ammo would be much lighter, and presumably the rifle as well, but maybe the .mil doesn't think we're going to have to fight in conditions that can't be reached via mechanical transport.

Top Back Refresh