What's new

U4 4900 RZR build

id be impressed if they pay for shipping. shipped on your dime, i cant see why they wouldn't swap them out. if it doesn't work out seems everyone just whines on a forum until an satv rep shows up.

i've had zero problems with satv, but it also seems everything i bought for my polaris worked great. since being in a can am, its constantly downtime, but warrantied. i dont buy anything from them anymore, even if its replaced free, or for shipping. its the downtime and process i hate. of course thats only if their stuff is breaking on you.

id be impressed if they pay for shipping. shipped on your dime, i cant see why they wouldn't swap them out. if it doesn't work out seems everyone just whines on a forum until an satv rep shows up.

i've had zero problems with satv, but it also seems everything i bought for my polaris worked great. since being in a can am, its constantly downtime, but warrantied. i dont buy anything from them anymore, even if its replaced free, or for shipping. its the downtime and process i hate. of course thats only if their stuff is breaking on you.

I'm not a SATV fan myself. Their parts IMO are meh at best.

Worse case if they don't swap them would be to swap the old shafts into the new CVs if the shafts are not bent or twisted.
Thinking about just doing that instead of bothering sending them back. Not sure if the “broken” ones are straight. I’ve never warrantied anything from SATV. Anything of theirs I’ve broken, I did racing and wrecking. I haven’t broken an X300 CV, but I’ve yard saled them apart snapping wheels trailing arms and a-arms off. My little brother bent one when the balljoints came apart and the wheel tucked under the car.

I'm not a SATV fan myself. Their parts IMO are meh at best.
100%. they tought me that the while cutomer service is great... it doesn't matter one bit if the product is garbage.

i'm glad i didn't use them with the x3 as others i know where the ginnea pigs... A warrantied a-arm is great but not when its always failing and talking out shocks and shafts/ diffs at the same time. an expensive lesson i watched a good friend learn, bu the arms where always replaced in 4-6wks:laughing:

I didn’t use SATV for the warranty, I used the stuff I used because I thought it was better than some of the other stuff I was looking at. I still think it is in some ways, that’s just how shitty SXS’s are in general. You gotta keep ‘em light, light means fragile and shorter life span.

Maybe I should have (maybe still could) used HCR suspension with Keller balljoints. That’s the only thing I see on the market for a Polaris that should be better than the SATV stuff I used. Box tube a-arms > round tubular a-arms of any brand. CT race works doesn’t make anything for Polaris and their stuff is obviously the best of the best. By default that has to make CanAm the best of the best since that’s what market CT serves.

We can't really blame SATV for the yard sale and subsequent broken SATV parts, so I'd say just run what you have. Up until this point you haven't had any bad luck with their parts, right?

I'm honestly surprised you are messing with this thing now that you have the Bronco to race. Are you planning on running this at KOH or are you just going to use it for series races when the Bronco is parked?

Edit: Have you looked at doing any of the Outlaw Series West races in Utah? You should definitely look at doing their 12hr endurance race, I think you guys would do very well there.

Last edited:
I didn’t use SATV for the warranty, I used the stuff I used because I thought it was better than some of the other stuff I was looking at. I still think it is in some ways, that’s just how shitty SXS’s are in general. You gotta keep ‘em light, light means fragile and shorter life span.

Maybe I should have (maybe still could) used HCR suspension with Keller balljoints. That’s the only thing I see on the market for a Polaris that should be better than the SATV stuff I used. Box tube a-arms > round tubular a-arms of any brand. CT race works doesn’t make anything for Polaris and their stuff is obviously the best of the best. By default that has to make CanAm the best of the best since that’s what market CT serves.

HCR suspension with Keller balljoints, FTMFW :smokin:

i know satv is good and has a great reputation for the polaris stuff, x3 stuff- not so much.
when it comes to their x3 a arms and rhino2 axles for x3. its been terrible. a friend has a pile of their bent arms and i've warrantied probably 6 of the rhino2 axles in the last year, it takes 2-4wks from submiting warrentie and they have made me pay $50 in shipping the last few times. but i'm getting good at changing them. the rhinos are now only back up, i use oem axles now.
(rhino2 axles where flawless in my rzr, i cant make since of why i cant make them work in the x3?)

i dont pay attention to whats available for polaris anymore but since you mentioned - HCR suspension with Keller balljoints- that is what i run on my x3 and its very good stuff. for can am i think the HCR and CT arms are in the same league, most i know run CT with keller... my shit fell apart at sand hollow and there was a vender there that was able to get me the HCR stuff in hours, so HCR it was. HCR is a bit more $ than CT for the can am arms. the HCRs are so good that before i did the front double shear bulkhead, i actually hit hard and moved and an upper arm mount location... took both arms off to check for damage the arms where still perfect didn't take a bend.

also just remembered, i am running an SATV bulkhead kit. and i do like it, has done a great job holding it together and taken hits that folded up a stock car.( that car runs ct arms bulkhead, and keller joints now. his first trip out was an expensive one:lmao:) i had to make some changes to it to fit with the HCR arms. the rest of my front end is CT tie rods, and a hess steering rack stabilizer. other than the front have done CT's weld in frame stiffening, and some home brew radius rods and a toe link connection. otherwise car is stock and beat relentlessly. i'm leaving in 3-4 days to beat on it again in glamis, probably gorden wells, then going to head to arizona or utah for a bit before coming back home.

so yeah, not trying to bag on SATV. they do have great and resonably quick customer service. they stand behind their parts. they just aren't a great choice for some parts on some cars.

and did i say HCR/ CT and Keller FTMFW:beer: especially on x3 where it seams arms folding and baljoints failing are the root of allot of headache

We can't really blame SATV for the yard sale and subsequent broken SATV parts, so I'd say just run what you have. Up until this point you haven't had any bad luck with their parts, right?

i agree, if i were jr4x i wouldn't worry about the satv arms. i would go for the Keller joints first.

allot of the yards sales are made way worse when the ball joints let loose. they are expensive, iirc i payed $600, but i see it as cheap insurance. i know allot of people who hit hard, ball joint lets loose... then its a bent shock, arms, etc. if the joint had held likely would have been no damage.

I think all of my parts failures are self inflicted from racing and crashing it into stuff.

I'm honestly surprised you are messing with this thing now that you have the Bronco to race. Are you planning on running this at KOH or are you just going to use it for series races when the Bronco is parked?

Edit: Have you looked at doing any of the Outlaw Series West races in Utah? You should definitely look at doing their 12hr endurance race, I think you guys would do very well there.
TBD I guess. I have the thing, I even had all the parts on hand to fix it when I found out it was time to get a divorce and re-arrange my whole life again. So it got moved as a basket case in a hurry and with a side of depression about another failed marriage I completely lost interest in it.

I’m not completely over the whole sxs thing, just over trying to smash it through rock trails. That’s not what they’re meant for. So I would love to experiment with some other venues that are endurance based but maybe point to point desert style. The stuff you listed above sounds a thousand times more appealing than a golf cart on the rocks.

Or, I just need to fix it, prep it and sell it to recover some of the money I’ve been blowing on the Bronco build.

i agree, if i were jr4x i wouldn't worry about the satv arms. i would go for the Keller joints first.

allot of the yards sales are made way worse when the ball joints let loose. they are expensive, iirc i payed $600, but i see it as cheap insurance. i know allot of people who hit hard, ball joint lets loose... then its a bent shock, arms, etc. if the joint had held likely would have been no damage.
I would have to switch a-arms out entirely to move to Keller BJ’s. The SATV ones I have are very different than any other offering. No way to put Kellers in them without cutting the end off and welding a stock style in its place.

I would have to switch a-arms out entirely to move to Keller BJ’s. The SATV ones I have are very different than any other offering. No way to put Kellers in them without cutting the end off and welding a stock style in its place.

dammit. didn't know that.

just sell it and get an x3:lmao::flipoff2:

I hear the Miller boys will be showing up to KOH in their Can-Ams with some big HP (like 400+) and will be running the new 37 x 17 Rockzillas. Them boys want to podium in 4400 in the worst way and I hope they pull it off. :smokin:

Short course racing is fun as fuck, I highly suggest you go to at least one of those races this season.

The Outlaw Series came out with an updated set of rules for 2023 a few days ago and took a bunch of wind out of my sails..... Alcohol/Methanol is now illegal and so is removing gears from the trans/transfer case. Those were literally the two biggest tricks up our sleeve for this season. :shaking:

I hear the Miller boys will be showing up to KOH in their Can-Ams with some big HP (like 400+) and will be running the new 37 x 17 Rockzillas. Them boys want to podium in 4400 in the worst way and I hope they pull it off. :smokin:

Short course racing is fun as fuck, I highly suggest you go to at least one of those races this season.

The Outlaw Series came out with an updated set of rules for 2023 a few days ago and took a bunch of wind out of my sails..... Alcohol/Methanol is now illegal and so is removing gears from the trans/transfer case. Those were literally the two biggest tricks up our sleeve for this season. :shaking:
Have you seen the Miller boys 4400 X3 on 37’s they’re calling “Big Girl”? Wicked car with an even beefier 1 off front suspension. I bet they can pull a top 5 if not podium with it.

I feel your pain with late rule or schedule changes. Our U4 schedule for this year is not cool. We’ll have to drive further to get to 5 or 6 races next year than we’ve had to travel for 7 or 8 races in the past.

Last edited:
Have seen the Miller boys 4400 on 37’s they’re calling “Big Girl”? Wicked car with an even beefier 1 off front suspension. I bet they can pull a top 5 if not podium with it.

I have not seen that car yet, only bits and pieces of it in pictures on different forums. Where did you see pics, got a link?

I saw that Hess Motorsports made them a bunch of one off billet 17" beadlock wheels for those 37's. I can't even wrap my head around what it must cost to make stuff like that happen. :eek:

I feel like satv is the trail gear of the sxs world. They make money by cranking shit out at a typically lower price than others, and use a warranty to help sell it.

Some of the stuff is good, some is OK, and some is junk. :laughing:

It's kinda funny that one of the last few big teams to stick with a straight axle is going so big into sxs's.

Those 35 roxxilas are tall, I parked next to some with my 38x13 creepy crawlers and they looked very even. If the 37s follow the same suit, they'll be damn close to the 40 treps:laughing:

I can, how many you want:lmao:

Sounds like you want to sponsor me, so I'll take 5 to start and we can go from there. :flipoff2:

I might be sending you a PM in a week or two. Now that I can't remove gears from my transfer case and running methanol is out f the question I'm probably going to need sombody to drill a bunch of holes in a bunch of stuff and machine material off some other stuff. You got any free time for something like that?

Sounds like you want to sponsor me, so I'll take 5 to start and we can go from there. :flipoff2:

I might be sending you a PM in a week or two. Now that I can't remove gears from my transfer case and running methanol is out f the question I'm probably going to need sombody to drill a bunch of holes in a bunch of stuff and machine material off some other stuff. You got any free time for something like that?
Bring it.

I feel like satv is the trail gear of the sxs world. They make money by cranking shit out at a typically lower price than others, and use a warranty to help sell it.

Some of the stuff is good, some is OK, and some is junk. :laughing:

It's kinda funny that one of the last few big teams to stick with a straight axle is going so big into sxs's.

Those 35 roxxilas are tall, I parked next to some with my 38x13 creepy crawlers and they looked very even. If the 37s follow the same suit, they'll be damn close to the 40 treps:laughing:
They probably have some truly Chinesium stuff for sale. I wasn’t happy with their steering “upgrades” but the a-arms and trailing arms I have from them are better than the best of a lot of other offerings.

What team are you talking about going into SXS’s?

They probably have some truly Chinesium stuff for sale. I wasn’t happy with their steering “upgrades” but the a-arms and trailing arms I have from them are better than the best of a lot of other offerings.

Millers

2021 we welded a set of SATV rear arms for Brendon Thompsons X3 at remote pit.

Last year I welded the same arms that had cracked in the same place at main pit.

Big plate gussets down the arms but lacking where it needed plated. Would probably be fine for the weekend trail rider but definitely not for a race car.

Derp, makes sense, I had wondered how they were making so many races in TX when they were from NE :laughing::homer:
I was wondering what you were talking about, that’s why I didn’t respond. Yeah these Miller boys are Cody and Hunter. Not Eric.

necro thread revisit. Hadn’t touched it much in 6 months after my axle shaft debacle.

Worse case if they don't swap them would be to swap the old shafts into the new CVs if the shafts are not bent or twisted.
So this was my solution. They said I waited to long to discover the mistake. Their solution was for me to sell these and buy the correct new ones. That pissed me off just enough to unband the boots, pop the CV’s off the too long of mid shafts and put the new CV’s on the old shafts. I had to straighten one in the press and got it pretty good. This than hasn’t been a roller in almost a year. Trying to get it buttoned up to go racing at Mid America Outdoors for the visions race. Had to set myself a goal otherwise it was going to sit on the keg till the next time I needed to move.

40E80B24-540C-4C04-A942-3ACDFB19731C.jpeg
CA350D85-1DC0-43DA-A402-D2A52FA261B9.jpeg

Top Back Refresh