What's new

TTB Van????

Hell, if you want the brackets, let me know. .

Not to show up out of nowhere and jump in out of turn, but if DMG doesn't need them, are these just up for grabs? I've needed the driver's beam pivot bracket for awhile. Down in Delaware we can't have shit, apparently.

Ok here's what ive got

pivot to pivot
01.jpg

The frame is all sorts of wonky which makes it difficult to get measurements
02.jpg

As a reference. Measuring inside of frame, at front of engine xmember, at 31"
03.jpg

From the same point, here's the location of the pivot for the driver beam
04.jpg

Difficult to get a good angle of the passenger pivot, but same thing, measurement from front of engine xmember not the rear, since the frame is narrower a the back of the xmember
05.jpg

distance from front pivot to rear pivot
06.jpg

At this point youve probably noticed the passenger beam pivot is lower than the driver beam, and also inboarded more. Part of this is because the passenger beam is shorter. But also, the engine xmember is tilted down on frame
07.jpg

coil to shock placement
08.jpg

The passenger beam pivot is centered under the rear shock. This means that the driver beam pivot is 7" forward of the shock, which also means its 2" forward of the center of the coil spring.

Hopefully this helps!

Agile offroad used to do TTB conversions using the D50 setup for e series vans. Now they just focus on newer vans but that's what they used to do. Had correct coil springs and such for factory coil buckets with D50. Might be worth a call over to them.

Ford E-Series 4x4 Van Conversions - Agile Off Road

https://agileoffroad.com › 4x4-conversion

We specialize in long-travel twin-traction beam TTB 4-wheel drive conversions on Ford E250 & E350 vans. Want to add 4x4 to your rig? Contact us today!

From googling found this but doesn't work for the website anymore.

Agile offroad used to do TTB conversions using the D50 setup for e series vans. Now they just focus on newer vans but that's what they used to do. Had correct coil springs and such for factory coil buckets with D50. Might be worth a call over to them.
I have talked to them. They say it was so long ago that they don’t remember anything.

Yeah and it was also the old owner Ramsey who did the D50 TTB stuff and he sadly passed away a few years ago.
I didn’t know that. Too bad. I have installed a bunch of their parts on customers Quigley vans.

I was hoping you would stop by

I don't know if it will help, because all my stuff is based off Explorer/D35 beams, but I left the pivots and that portion of the factory frame in the stock location. I can measure any of those points if needed.

I don't know if it will help, because all my stuff is based off Explorer/D35 beams, but I left the pivots and that portion of the factory frame in the stock location. I can measure any of those points if needed.
Just having someone here that made TTB work on a non TTB will help when I am about to do something dumb.

Man this derailed quickly :flipoff2:
I like the TTB in my daily driver, it rides nice and doesnt wear my 35s funny, but it took some tinkering to get it that way.

Back on topic:

019.jpg

TTB is down, brackets coming off tomorrow as long as its not raining. If theres any weird pics or measurements you want let me know. Hell, if you want the brackets, let me know. . Youre somewhere in PA right? Do you want the whole TTB? Its just scrap metal to me.
Can’t you mail me the brackets? I’ll pay shipping of course.

Just having someone here that made TTB work on a non TTB will help when I am about to do something dumb.

On pbb, maybe in general 4x4 there was a guy that put ttb in a 96ish 2 door Tahoe and took a ton of detailed pics, he really geeked out on his design, pretty welds and all, he later listed it super cheap because it was a rusty ass Michigan truck or something, I considered buying it for his blingy homemade parts:laughing:
Might be worth scoping out

On pbb, maybe in general 4x4 there was a guy that put ttb in a 96ish 2 door Tahoe and took a ton of detailed pics, he really geeked out on his design, pretty welds and all, he later listed it super cheap because it was a rusty ass Michigan truck or something, I considered buying it for his blingy homemade parts:laughing:
Might be worth scoping out

WhitneyJ was the guy who did that, not sure if he made it over here.

WhitneyJ was the guy who did that, not sure if he made it over here.
I have been reading that thread. I now think I need to jig up a whole D44 TTB at ride height on a table and lower the van onto it. Similar to what PJ suggested.

I’ll be following. My wife has a 2003 E350 Cutaway converted to an RV.

Don’t want a tall ride height, massive travel, etc.

Just want 4x4 to get up a muddy hill when camping.
Do you have a locking diff? From what I'm told, that made a huge difference in those vans.
We discussed putting one in our 99 e350, but it didn't see enough off-road to be worth it once we got rid of the horse and it's trailer.

Aaron Z

Do you have a locking diff? From what I'm told, that made a huge difference in those vans.
We discussed putting one in our 99 e350, but it didn't see enough off-road to be worth it once we got rid of the horse and it's trailer.

Aaron Z
I don’t. Good idea, the van has 4.10s in a Dana 70.

I busted my Eaton e locker for a Dana 70 in my wheeling rig. I replaced it with an ARB and fixed the Eaton sitting on the shelf, I wasn’t sure what I’d do with it. It’s 4.56 and up though. That would be perfect for the van. 4.56s is a little steep for 225/75r16 but overgearing a V10 isn’t the worst thing in the world.

I don’t. Good idea, the van has 4.10s in a Dana 70.

I busted my Eaton e locker for a Dana 70 in my wheeling rig. I replaced it with an ARB and fixed the Eaton sitting on the shelf, I wasn’t sure what I’d do with it. It’s 4.56 and up though. That would be perfect for the van. 4.56s is a little steep for 225/75r16 but overgearing a V10 isn’t the worst thing in the world.
Not mine, the guy who helped us out the day we couldn't get the van up the hill with horse trailer añin tow strongly suggested it, he had a mid-90s F-350 with four wheel drive and it just walked right out where the van would go out by itself, but when you put the trailer on the back it would not move.
Said he also had a van similar to ours and it was a completely different vehicle in such situations with the locker in the back.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh