What's new

Too, "Racist,?"

But a part of what you are charging the tenant is for the property taxes, correct? There by they are paying the property taxes with you acting as a pass through.

I always hear this argument and it's silly at best. Sorry, just doesn't cut it. Not everything I spend money on is a pass through from my tenant.

If you apply this logic, then my tenant donates money to the charities I donate to, etc, etc. There is no end to this application and how far you can apply it, so just stop it right at the front door.
My expenses are my own. I decide a price for the unit and that's it. Very simply. I have a long term stake in it, whereas the tenant can pick up and leave any time they want.

I always hear this argument and it's silly at best. Sorry, just doesn't cut it. Not everything I spend money on is a pass through from my tenant.

If you apply this logic, then my tenant donates money to the charities I donate to, etc, etc. There is no end to this application and how far you can apply it, so just stop it right at the front door.
My expenses are my own. I decide a price for the unit and that's it. Very simply. I have a long term stake in it, whereas the tenant can pick up and leave any time they want.

You worded it better than I did.

If your income from the rental property exceeds all expenses related to owning said property (why would you do otherwise?), then the tenant is in actuality paying the taxes. The fact that you wash your rental property income through your personal accounting and cannot see the connection simply means you aren't paying attention to what you are actually doing.

Voting by IQ!
I like it.
Would turn blue real fast.

Youre apparently one of the dumbasses that think a degree in black womens studies equals education and intelligence.

Not a single democrat I know is actually intelligent. Some maybe educated but none of them are smart enough to think their way out of a paper bag. They all have to be told what to do.

Last edited:

OK step back and pull yourself out of it. You are now a manager for a real estate investment company, and you own a block of apartment complexes. Are your investors going to cut checks out of their personal accounts for the taxes, or are they going to be paid out of the rent received from the tenants?

OK step back and pull yourself out of it. You are now a manager for a real estate investment company, and you own a block of apartment complexes. Are your investors going to cut checks out of their personal accounts for the taxes, or are they going to be paid out of the rent received from the tenants?

Lets make this simple for you morons. Who gets penalized if the taxes arent paid? The property owner. The tenant may need to find somewhere else to live but hes not out any real property or cash value if the taxes arent paid and the property is defaulted.

For all you know since you obviously arent a landlord. The money may be coming straight out of the owners pocket. Maybe the rent only covers the mortgage and upkeep. Maybe the property is owned as a loss for other tax purposes. Or maybe its owned for future value. I own two vacation rental properties that the rent covers the mortgage and the upkeep because of the length of the rental season. The area wont support any higher rental costs because of the number of units available. However, even with paying the taxes the real value of the property will be when I sell down the road. The comps selling in the area now are already four times what I paid for the properties.

The tenant pays a set fee for the privilege to stay there. Period. You dumbfucks are just trying to justify your ignorance.

Lets make this simple for you morons. Who gets penalized if the taxes arent paid? The property owner. The tenant may need to find somewhere else to live but hes not out any real property or cash value if the taxes arent paid and the property is defaulted.

For all you know since you obviously arent a landlord. The money may be coming straight out of the owners pocket. Maybe the rent only covers the mortgage and upkeep. Maybe the property is owned as a loss for other tax purposes. Or maybe its owned for future value. I own two vacation rental properties that the rent covers the mortgage and the upkeep because of the length of the rental season. The area wont support any higher rental costs because of the number of units available. However, even with paying the taxes the real value of the property will be when I sell down the road. The comps selling in the area now are already four times what I paid for the properties.

The tenant pays a set fee for the privilege to stay there. Period. You dumbfucks are just trying to justify your ignorance.

You only see it as the tenant paying the mortgage and upkeep because that is the way you choose to see it. I could just as easily move the numbers around to say that the rent pays upkeep, taxes, and some of the mortgage, the mortgage and the taxes but not the upkeep, or some percentage of all three. You choose to operate a cash flow negative business based upon speculation of the local real estate market, but the fact is you couldn't afford to do so without the tenants contribution toward the majority of expenses whichever way you choose to mentally divide up the pie.

Furthermore since you are discussing vacation rentals you should thank your tenants for paying into your local tax pool with only taking a small percentage back in services from the community. :flipoff2:

All expenses are accounted for, including future expenses invisible to tenant, including future liabilities invisible to tenant, including prior investments, all of which the tenant is immune from and the owner is on the hook for.

It's the difference of passing by vs commitment and eligibility of ownership. The tax is really nothing more than just a way to prove ownership.

Last edited:
So as a renter that is not a vet, I shouldn't be able to vote under some of the ideas here. I paid my way through college, work full time and make good money, have never taken any form of welfare, and have a job that has included work for the government that saves lives (risk management and USAR) and I still wouldn't get to vote? That is fawked up.

As that the bit from "From the Ashes", sorry but respect is not just earned. Respect is given at birth, but it is fickle. Easily lost and difficult to regain.

So as a renter that is not a vet, I shouldn't be able to vote under some of the ideas here. I paid my way through college, work full time and make good money, have never taken any form of welfare, and have a job that has included work for the government that saves lives (risk management and USAR) and I still wouldn't get to vote? That is fawked up.

As that the bit from "From the Ashes", sorry but respect is not just earned. Respect is given at birth, but it is fickle. Easily lost and difficult to regain.

thats why i said tax payer, as in federal income tax paid the prior year. no tax, no vote. if you got refunded more than you paid in, no vote.

That would make sense, except that the future generations being even more ignorant might also effect people who don't have kids :flipoff2:

Well can you make the argument that the teachers are actually educating better generations of children?

My last retail management job I had 3 interviews that thought they should make the same as management because their teachers taught them they are just as important and deserve the same pay. None of them got hired.

public education in tge K-12 level is what maybe 200 years old? Home schooling is as old as people have walked the earth. University used to be reserved for the wealthy and privileged who’s parents had enough money to make sure they could get a private tutor/teacher. The public education system is having to face some of its many flaws including the biggest. Unions.

If you pay income tax then yes. If you pay any real form of taxes you have skin in the game and should have a say. Sales tax does not count. Vets automatically have a vote because they actually put their skin in play vs just paying money.

The public education system is having to face some of its many flaws including the biggest. Unions.

Yes..... definitely yes!!!!!
Teacher unions Cops guild some of the same issues..... keeps shitheads and prevents the best getting rewarded!!!!!!! So Fkn stupid!!!!!
blm should be protesting at the front doors of the guild!!!!
Public education spends $$$ like rich housewives that don’t work!!!

Yes..... definitely yes!!!!!
Teacher unions Cops guild some of the same issues..... keeps shitheads and prevents the best getting rewarded!!!!!!! So Fkn stupid!!!!!
blm should be protesting at the front doors of the guild!!!!
Public education spends $$$ like rich housewives that don’t work!!!

Damnit, I hate it when I agree with Greg. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh