What's new

the youtube thread

The jumping jacks are fuckin awesome.

arse_sidewards shows up at 2:17

Panzer shows up at 2:47

One of the guys I work with told me he has a gasoline powered rock drill from the early 1900, Atlas Copco brand. Says he brought it to a mechanic and they can't figure out how it runs, no carburetor. If I ever see it I'll post pics.
Maybe it's diesel powered not gas?

Imagine how many fingers and toes were eaten back then without trying to blame someone else. Paying attention was your responsibility if you wanted to live to a ripe old(er) age.

The jumping jacks are fuckin awesome.

arse_sidewards shows up at 2:17

Panzer shows up at 2:47

One of the guys I work with told me he has a gasoline powered rock drill from the early 1900, Atlas Copco brand. Says he brought it to a mechanic and they can't figure out how it runs, no carburetor. If I ever see it I'll post pics.

Maybe it's a Pionjar, Swedish 2 stroke rock drill with fresh air flushing. Runs on like 12:1 mix (non detergent 30 weight)

Pretty cool units, I used to have a big poster of an exploded view of one of them. Of course you can't get them anymore, but there is a new version with an actual throttle control. See them on trail projects all over the place.

all over the map but here are a few that I didn't see mentioned

Positive couple
Nick zammetti
Adventures with purpose
The story till now
Hick hub
Look ma no computer
Trail mater
Fab rats
Nate hills

Some good info. Some just stupid entertainment. Some eye opening but depressing. Already watch a bunch that have been mentioned. will be visiting this thread everytime I run out of fresh content now.

Last edited:
Interesting and more in depth take on the scale car/treadmill trailer tongue weight demonstration.

Watch at 2:58, showing that too much tongue weight can cause instability

and 3:31 is surprising and confusing. I'm not typing all the words it would take to explain.

scale trailer.png

Last edited:
Random thread bump for this...Porsche had me out to do their roadshow experience yesterday. Was pretty cool :)

Interesting and more in depth take on the scale car/treadmill trailer tongue weight demonstration.

Watch at 2:58, showing that too much tongue weight can cause instability

and 3:31 is surprising and confusing. I'm not typing all the words it would take to explain.

scale trailer.png

That was really good. Thanks for posting.

Thinking about it, I guess the explanation for 3:31 is the mass being further from pivot point (trailer axle centre )

Like trying to move kids on a teeter totter is easier if they're sitting on the pivot than if they're sitting at the ends...

I started watching Diesel Creek. I'm having flashbacks to the po-dunk airport I worked at in college where I was wrenching on rusty old diesel equipment all day with no idea wtf I was doing.

I started watching Diesel Creek. I'm having flashbacks to the po-dunk airport I worked at in college where I was wrenching on rusty old diesel equipment all day with no idea wtf I was doing.
yeah he was neat back when it was a small enough channel that commenting made a difference in the 'aaaaaaaah you're doing it fucking wrong'
even better when you've got a really good name on there, so he'll call you out as "I don't remember who commented this, but one of you..." lol

now it is just kinda the same as the rest of them, probably has a reddit subforum

Havent looked at this in a while. Stumpy Nubs which is carpentry stuff and Joe Pie who does machine work are on my current watch list.

Top Back Refresh