What's new

The Scoob

Also, neither Springfield or Branson HF's have the complete roll bender in stock. Sounds a lot like they can't do anything to complete their kits either.

Closest, I'm told, is Osage Beach. Not worth a 4-hour round trip.

Pardon the mess. But ya know - :flipoff2:

Settled on a random grade 8 bolt to make VRS hole plugs from. youngest wanted to help on the lathe some more, so I instructed him on the pattern of work required.

20240129_112641[1].jpg

Plugs are installed and I got the wheels speed sensor signal converted all connected. Seems like it mostly works for now.

Stuff. Neighbor I hadn't met yet just brought these down to me. UPS hastily dropped my stuff off at his place again :laughing:

Rear suspension travel is soon to be 4" more than OE. Now I just need arse back here to tell me that I'm overdoing it :lmao:

20240304_140157.jpg

Now I just need arse back here to tell me that I'm overdoing it :lmao:
INB4 broken CVs because CVs aren't meant to be limit straps. :flipoff2:

How are you gonna locate the knuckle with those? Custom lower eye and upper mount?

INB4 broken CVs because CVs aren't meant to be limit straps. :flipoff2:

How are you gonna locate the knuckle with those? Custom lower eye and upper mount?
Current, OE style CV's will be getting ditched. Only have about one more inch of droop before the bar collides with the inboard bell.

Front knuckle?? These are for the rear.

Current, OE style CV's will be getting ditched. Only have about one more inch of droop before the bar collides with the inboard bell.

Front knuckle?? These are for the rear.
Rear knuckles

Rear is mcpherson strut too.

Had to re-shim the transfer shaft. Guessing I did that at the beginning of our shit show of a schedule with little to no sleep and I shimmed the wrong end.

Also found that the metric ball bearing is 0.002" too small for the pocket, so it rattles a tad. Fucking hell, Subaru. Debating on putting OE tapered rollers back in if I can find them somewhere besides directly from Subaru. Damn things are about $50 each from them.

Got the output housing put back on today. Hafta hook the exhaust back up again before I can test it for noise. The noise was the rear output gear teeth just barely grazing the drive gear bearing.

Top Back Refresh