What's new

The *Official* "That's Methed up" thread.

Saw this yesterday and don't know if meth or artistic genuis.

Attachments

• 20220210_124747.jpg
    20220210_124747.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Saw this yesterday and don't know if meth or artistic genuis.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wife and I saw that pile of WTF a few Saturdays ago when we went to Big O Speedway to watch SxS practice, it was parked at the QT in Ennis next to 45. I had her take a picture of it for this thread but totally forgot about it after we left the track.....

Resized_20220116_121938.jpeg

The best part...... The big Godzilla on the roof is sporting a ghetto fabulous fake gold chain with a big fake gold cross on it. :laughing:

the question I have, is do ya'll know about Houston's auto art scene?
they have this club.. and I think they seem to hang out in the Montrose area.. or maybe Im just seeing the same 2-3 cars over and over.. haha

this is a huge event

the question I have, is do ya'll know about Houston's auto art scene?
they have this club.. and I think they seem to hang out in the Montrose area.. or maybe Im just seeing the same 2-3 cars over and over.. haha

this is a huge event

Dude....... :shaking:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wife and I saw that pile of WTF a few Saturdays ago when we went to Big O Speedway to watch SxS practice, it was parked at the QT in Ennis next to 45. I had her take a picture of it for this thread but totally forgot about it after we left the track.....

Resized_20220116_121938.jpeg

The best part...... The big Godzilla on the roof is sporting a ghetto fabulous fake gold chain with a big fake gold cross on it. :laughing:

That looks like someone threw an M80 in an outhouse and it turned inside-out. :barf:

I wonder how the hell they keep all those flowers on the car? Screws maybe? I wouldn't think glue would do a very good job if they actually drove it much.

What exactly is going on there? For what purpose?
for more amp hours for that inverter setup.

Looking at the grounds I think none of them are actually screwed on.

Being in the car stereo world for 30+ years I have seen so much dangerous / stupid shit, this setup barely gets my attention.

I also fucking hate batteries that are not secured properly, what a fire hazard after a car accident.

looks like it's setup to power that inverter for quite some time.
probably not such a good idea to cover that fire hazard with blankets.
I kinda figured, but to do what? Crispins mentioned stereo's. That looks to be the back of a clapped out extended cab pickup. They have a ratchet strap holding down 5 batteries and they covered the entire thing in a fire hazard. Projectwin would haul that shit out back and set it on fire. :laughing:

I kinda figured, but to do what? Crispins mentioned stereo's. That looks to be the back of a clapped out extended cab pickup. They have a ratchet strap holding down 5 batteries and they covered the entire thing in a fire hazard. Projectwin would haul that shit out back and set it on fire. :laughing:
I'm assuming to live in it.

I think they run power tools for construction with that setup

to be fair, there are some people in that art car parade that put a helluva lot of real badass fab work into those cars. it’s not just lesbians with plastic flowers and a hot glue gun… (although there’s a lot of that too)
have you ever been to the parade?? if my uncles are interested I might go check it out..

have you ever been to the parade?? if my uncles are interested I might go check it out..
Just briefly, we were down there when it was on several years back, just made a stop by and watched the stupidity for a while. I did used to work with a guy that just owned the thing for a year or two with his cars.. Thus the fabwork comment.
I believe he originally built this for the houston parade, he’d taken it to burning man and all over the place before he was done..

I also could not quit looking at it, I need so many more pictures
I don't think pictures alone will explain much more than we know now by looking at the ones posted. What I think you need to fully understand that contraption is METH... Lots of METH, it's the only way.

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
I wonder how the hell they keep all those flowers on the car? Screws maybe? I wouldn't think glue would do a very good job if they actually drove it much.

I had to break down and talk to the dude the other day. Car has been out of registration for 2 years now. But someone who is dying is going to will him another car that he is also going to Marvel up. Guy didn't even know about the art car show when i asked him. He thought that would be cool if he could get it registered.

Just briefly, we were down there when it was on several years back, just made a stop by and watched the stupidity for a while. I did used to work with a guy that just owned the thing for a year or two with his cars.. Thus the fabwork comment.
I believe he originally built this for the houston parade, he’d taken it to burning man and all over the place before he was done..

that video was great.. lots of useful ideas and thoughts..

I've talked with many people about a future project.. the basic idea is to take a gas powered golf cart, and change the body etc.. something super unique.. if you watch the video you'll understand.. Im not a great welder, but that original structure to get the body lines right etc is different from what we have discussed.. only I will fiberglass the body.. I have all kinds of fiberglass experience, mostly workin on stereo installations..

Last edited:
Looking at the grounds I think none of them are actually screwed on.

Being in the car stereo world for 30+ years I have seen so much dangerous / stupid shit, this setup barely gets my attention.
I don't think there is much to worry about, you can see the red wires are bolted down. They're the power wires that feed the equipment, and if he's got enough amps and keeps them turned all the way up so they use all the power, there won't be much that needs to go back to the ground.

I know Arti has some car stereo experience, I bet he can back me up

:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh