What's new

The Mountain Bike Thread

Video = not that steep. Other trail has a few steep sections. I judge steep thusly:

if I can still roost corners without feeling scared, it's not steep.

If I'm scared but I can still slow down/stop if I want to, it's kinda steep.

If I can't stop and have to ride it out until steepness is over, then it's really steep.

If it's really steep but somehow.i got air, then it knuckles under somewhere. :flipoff2:

It doesn't look like it, but the second pic with my bars in it falls under my definition of really steep down to the first berm.
1000000% Go pro is shut for showing how steep something is. Or w of the really good riders showing how technical the things are. :flipoff2:.

Hit me up if you to all make it up to Seattle, I can lead you around or hook you up with the dudes who are riding the crazy shit. :smokin:

1000000% Go pro is shut for showing how steep something is. Or w of the really good riders showing how technical the things are. :flipoff2:.

Hit me up if you to all make it up to Seattle, I can lead you around or hook you up with the dudes who are riding the crazy shit. :smokin:
The trails up your way look amazing. I've got a pnw trip all planned out on my bucket list. Just need to find the time to make it happen.

Likewise if you're ever down in commiefornia near Santa Cruz/Monterey, hit me up and I'll show you the goods. There are some pretty rad trails and not all of them have to be scary to be good.

Been getting some solo rides in on our steep trails after they got moisture. So good.

It occurred to me I'd never stopped to look back mid-ride. Glorious:

1710528751793.png

1710528779374.png
That looks like a great trail especially with the moisture in the soil.

Can't remember if you posted earlier, but pics of new intense? Everyone likes bike pics, even if they're re-runs
I'll snap some soon, need to change some parts around still before I sell the old ride. Grabbed the Trail, stock for now except some Maxxis rubber

Trails is coming along. Here is a Drone shot starting from the new Session line near the top. I finally sent the larger drop. I waited for someone to be out there with me. The acceleration upon landing is crazy.
Trail is further along than what the picture shows but I haven't been up the ridge to get a current one for a few weeks.

1000014275.jpg
1000014041.jpg

IMG-7905.jpg

Snagged a Ripmo for a moto buddy of mine last night for a killer deal. Yes I am an enabler. Took it for a lap around the neighborhood and damn I almost like how it feels better than my sentinel.

NOT my house in the pic, but that's the kinda neighborhood you want to buy used bikes from.

IMG-7905.jpg

Snagged a Ripmo for a moto buddy of mine last night for a killer deal. Yes I am an enabler. Took it for a lap around the neighborhood and damn I almost like how it feels better than my sentinel.

NOT my house in the pic, but that's the kinda neighborhood you want to buy used bikes from.
Ripmos are so nice!

Ripmos are so nice!
They've always been on my list but I've ended up with Transitions the last couple bikes. No regrets there, but I was suprised how good it felt. Wasnt sure about the marzocchi fork but the thing is plush!

He's gonna be so stoked. He was on some hand me down 15 year old hardtail.

Somewhere in the depths of Monterey County this morning:
1000005263.jpg

And yes, I have been riding my ebike a disproportionate amount compared to things without motors. Moab with no motor in two weeks, gonna see if I made a horrible mistake or not.
Don't ride the eeb for the next two weeks. It'll still suck. :flipoff2:

I ride the sofa-- I hire myself out as a weight training aid.

Attachments

• Image 3-24-24 at 8.18 PM.jpeg
    Image 3-24-24 at 8.18 PM.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 4
Going up to Idyllwild Wednesday morning thru Sunday. Hope the few inches of snow that dropped over the weekend melts fast and Saturdays storm doesn't happen. :laughing:

Wife and I are going to Sea Otter this year. Just registered for one of the events.

Any suggestions on places to stay?
That stuff books up pretty quick.

I'd pick somewhere in Monterey/Seaside/Sand City/Marina over Salinas.

What type of place are you looking for? Fancy? Walking distance to entertainment/restaurants? Cheap?

If it was me, I'd look for something right down town Monterey. Not super close to the venue, but within walking/riding distance of things after-hours.

What type of place are you looking for? Fancy? Walking distance to entertainment/restaurants? Cheap?

If it was me, I'd look for something right down town Monterey. Not super close to the venue, but within walking/riding distance of things after-hours.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just a reasonable medium between reasonable prices and decent enough to keep the wife happy.

I've just been looking at the basic hotels on hotwire in monterey.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just a reasonable medium between reasonable prices and decent enough to keep the wife happy.

I've just been looking at the basic hotels on hotwire in monterey.
Yeah, that's probably the best call. All the hotels jack their prices up for sea otter.

Even camping a Laguna Seca is ridiculously expensive. I guess it's par for the course.

I'd almost look for an air bnb near the racetrack to avoid all the event traffic. If you're trying to get in after 8am, they make you take the road in off of General Jim Moore rd, so something in Del Rey Oaks or that part of seaside would be a good place to start looking.

before i go hunting around, anyone outgrown a mac ride/shotgun they wanna unload?
I may have outgrown a macride. Let me confer with my wife.

I'm factory demoing an Ibis Oso tomorrow for my birthday. Taking it into Wilder and then some UC trails.
You ride there often? I'd recommend skipping Wilder

Anyone spend time on a Izzo? Hopefully coming to a end of the BS with my knee. Would like something a little more pedal friendly than my 27.5 Slash but still able to get down in the woods.

I'm factory demoing an Ibis Oso tomorrow for my birthday. Taking it into Wilder and then some UC trails.
Don't do it unless you're prepared to buy one. :flipoff2:

Rode the easiest of the local "pirate" trails last night for the second time. I felt I rode it way better but Strava says I was slower than the first time. :laughing:

1000004472.png

Anyone spend time on a Izzo? Hopefully coming to a end of the BS with my knee. Would like something a little more pedal friendly than my 27.5 Slash but still able to get down in the woods.
I know a few people that like them quite a bit. I'd be looking at last year's Knolly Fugitive though, they're on a really good sale now.

Top Back Refresh