What's new

The mini excavator thread

Screenshot_20240424_105239_Samsung Internet.jpg

So does anybody have “hack personal carrier” for a Mini X? I had a pallet that I could mount in my front end loader on my tractor so I could trim trees and work on gutters and such. My tractor only goes to 8 feet. The mini probubly goes another couple feet and has more “reach out” ability. I’m not talking about anything fancy to pass OSHA Regs. Just something flat that quickly attaches to stand on.

Love to see any pics
you mean the Redneck Scaffolding?

Not seen anything for a mini... but I use the skid steer bucket for that quite a lot. I'd be curious what you come up wtih...

Attachments

• 20240414_165440274_iOS.jpg
    20240414_165440274_iOS.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
I wear a PFAS when I’m operating a manlift, I think I would wear one if someone else was operating it too :homer::homer:

Last edited:
well you could use that example as a blueprint for a quick release bucket mount on a set of junkyard pallet forks ( copy of this) and an empty scrap IBC tote cage or this if you wanted to build your own janky one.

Or Copy this if you have pallet forks for tractor or skid steer
I allready have the “Tag” quick attach system on my mini. I need the “female” part of the Tag mount to weld on some kind of platform or forks. Of course they don’t seem to sell them separate. I can probably make it. (It’s pretty simple)

Not a platform, but I have a 8' ladder made from square tube that clips onto the loader bucket. Adds a decent amount of height, and its strong enough you can stand on the end 8' out horizontally if you want to.

Not a platform, but I have a 8' ladder made from square tube that clips onto the loader bucket. Adds a decent amount of height, and its strong enough you can stand on the end 8' out horizontally if you want to.
That sounds useful. Got any pics?

I allready have the “Tag” quick attach system on my mini. I need the “female” part of the Tag mount to weld on some kind of platform or forks. Of course they don’t seem to sell them separate. I can probably make it. (It’s pretty simple)
they make that, but it ain't cheap:

edit: getting better easier to replicate in the hobby shop:

here's a relatively simplistic design to copy if you were to fab your own:

Last edited:
they make that, but it ain't cheap:

I guess I’m shit at searching. I looked for this. But yea, price is stupid. Should be easy to make.

i added this option in after an edit:

That’s better, but I still think I could make one for a lot less. I guess if I do the forks thing, I need it heavy duty, but if I’m just making a platform or ladder, it could be quite a bit lighter. (Out of 1/4” stuff)

Too bad you’re not closer, I have a shitload of 4140N round bar on the rack from a project long past

I don't know what this entertains me so much. But it also sucks when it's not intentional. I was digging out a tree stump with the little ripper hook today. It was putting up a fight and every time I'd get underneath it and it'd slip off, I'd have to reach for the "rops" (term used very lightly) so I wouldn't slam my head in to it or get thrown into the boom....but by letting go of the sticks, it would also start bucking. I'm sure it's hilarious to watch. :lmao:

Top Back Refresh