What's new

The mini excavator thread

Same size not same ones. Is the smoke messing with your reading comprehension?
Well categorizing these machines by tonnage is a little goofy isn't it?
You really think this machine is the same weight as the Chinesium rigs?

This 302CR has a 5000 lb operating weight.

It's a 1.5 metric ton Cat, same size as the ones seen for $6k at auctions but with stick steer.

The auction prices on the chinese machines area apparently rising. Though I don't think any of the decent 1.5+ ton machines were ever selling that cheap.

I have some 1.8's on the way (closer to 1.5 actual weight) and they'll go for about 1/4-1/3 of brand name machine. And they're featured out pretty well.

Spent an hour getting this big red oak stump out, far side of it had a stone wall that it grew around, which made it more fun.
IMG_4674.jpeg

IMG_4676.jpeg

IMG_4678.jpeg

Got it flipped over, cleaned the roots off and barely hauled it to a stump pile. Had to lift half of it with the blade and the other half with the bucket. Forgot to take an after picture, oh well.

I got word last night that my next batch is ready to start their journey across the Atlantic. :smokin:
ROPS to be installed upon delivery. :laughing:
1710881140677.png

1710880994406.png

I was shooting for a darker gray, like the frames of the mini skids in the background, but I'm still digging this color.

I got word last night that my next batch is ready to start their journey across the Atlantic. :smokin:
ROPS to be installed upon delivery. :laughing:
1710881140677.png

1710880994406.png

I was shooting for a darker gray, like the frames of the mini skids in the background, but I'm still digging this color.
What are you selling them for?

Not trying to be a :flipoff2: but they are coming from across the Atlantic ? Are they coming from Europe or are they loaded and shipped direct from Chy-Nah ?

What is a ROP ? A cage ? - thanks

Not trying to be a :flipoff2: but they are coming from across the Atlantic ? Are they coming from Europe or are they loaded and shipped direct from Chy-Nah ?

Roll Over Protective Structure or some such like that

Rop or rops is Roll over protection /roll over protection system.

Edit beat by 2 seconds

What are you selling them for?
These will probably be a little North of $16k. I'm waiting for the final freight numbers from my forwarder. But they're full loaded and not the cheap garbage that's been hitting all the auctions. Kubota 722 diesels, side swing, expanding tracks, hydraulic thumb, pilot controls, SAE/ISO switch, parker pump and Eaton drive motors.

Yes. The last ship went from China to Korea, to Colombia and then up the east coast - GA, SC, NC, VA.

What they said ^

These will probably be a little North of $16k. I'm waiting for the final freight numbers from my forwarder. But they're full loaded and not the cheap garbage that's been hitting all the auctions.
lol

Lights before lockers, right?

Winter work:

Wanted rear facing work lights and added fronts while I was at it.. the stock lights aren’t too bad at night, but find myself running over shit when reversing in the dark.. trees interfere with just spinning it around.

Added the fire extinguisher since most of the time I’m working in a high fire danger condition.

Replaced the broken window with some 1/4” Lexan

Ordered parts to reseal the swing motor. Gonna do that outside so if the job goes sideways, I’m not dead in the shop.
1711331471717.jpeg

1711331518196.jpeg

Lights before lockers, right?

:idea: My f250 had a stupid light bar on the grill guard when I bought it (both since removed)... have been trying to figure out what to do with the damned thing for months. It's going on the mini-ex.!

Ironically… the bolts lined up with existing holes. And I think it looks dumb AF…

Attachments

• IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
More lights the better (most of the time) if you are actually running in the dark. Otherwise seems like just one more thing to get broke off:laughing:

More lights the better (most of the time) if you are actually running in the dark. Otherwise seems like just one more thing to get broke off:laughing:

Agree. Light bar was sitting on a shelf… it’s not worth anything, so figured I’d give it a shot.

It’s coming off. It’s not a flood pattern, so it’s basically useless. It’ll probably end up on the ATV

Sometimes… its not like it turns into a pumpkin at dusk. 🤷‍♂️
Funny you should say that... because my Bobcat is set to turn into a pumpkin after certain hours, unless I disable the feature with my phone first.
I guess its for fleet management / security / keeping someone from borrowing a machine off a site, etc. However, the E48 I just picked up allowed me to geo-fence it, and set curfews for it. So yes, in fact mine is set to become a brick during hours that I know I won't be around it.

Oh, it also tells me whenever its getting moved on a trailer too. - yes the machine's name is "Dug"

dug travel.png

Funny you should say that... because my Bobcat is set to turn into a pumpkin after certain hours, unless I disable the feature with my phone first.
I guess its for fleet management / security / keeping someone from borrowing a machine off a site, etc. However, the E48 I just picked up allowed me to geo-fence it, and set curfews for it. So yes, in fact mine is set to become a brick during hours that I know I won't be around it.

Oh, it also tells me whenever its getting moved on a trailer too. - yes the machine's name is "Dug"

dug travel.png

Your mini is attached to the intertoobs?

Is that the same with larger 4-6+ passenger ones or are they generally easier/safer?

I havnt been getting notices on this thread. Anyways to answer your question, they fly the same, but some fancy ones have auto pilot. (Probably 4 mil minimum)

Do I need a medical card?

Legally, you need a “basic med” at a minimum. But I have had a few students that never did any of the required shit. (They live out in the sticks and don’t fly into larger airports. Quite honestly there’s not much over site. I have only had my credentials checked 3 times in over 10K hours. (And I did fly into international airports)

You don’t necessarily need to die in a bush plane. Helicopter, maybe, probably, but fixed wing you gotta work a bit to die in one.

I find most helicopter accidents are hovering and don’t kill anyone. Just bad on the pocketbook.

Legally, you need a “basic med” at a minimum. But I have had a few students that never did any of the required shit. (They live out in the sticks and don’t fly into larger airports. Quite honestly there’s not much over site. I have only had my credentials checked 3 times in over 10K hours. (And I did fly into international airports)

So "epilepsy" would probably disqualify me

Top Back Refresh