What's new

The Irate list of advice for teenaged boys

Kurtuleas

CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Disco Bay, CA
Years ago, my father told me, "Whatever you do in life, pretend that I am standing right behind you. What would I say?"

That advice sticks with me today. Even when I am hammered drunk. Not only has it saved my life a few times, it has also gotten me in trouble. LOL! (My dad does not take shit from anyone)

The other day my wife got pissed off at me when she overheard some of my advice to my own kid. I told him to make sure he always powders his balls in the morning with gold bond powder because you never know when some slut-whore at work, in a bar or club, etc. may want to suck you off and you to make sure you are fresh down there so she finishes the job.

What good advice did your dad give you, or what advice would you give to a teenage boy to help them through life?

Oh Thank God this was not another twisted "sex toy" type thread!:flipoff2:

My ole man said you only get one chance to do it right the FIRST TIME!

As in" there's never time to do it right, but always time to do it OVER"!

Don't do stupid shit because you or your friends think it's funny because its NOT. Dares, senseless vandalism, and possibly hurting others or yourself isn't worth the "likes" or "comments" AND those people probably aren't really your friends anyway.

Somehow I managed to get my eldest boy to be paranoid about the fluids in his vehicles.

"Always check your oil" stuck in his head for some reason. He is checking the oil in his Vette at least once a week.

Wish my dad would have beat that into me back in the day...

Sub’d. Step boy turns 11 this spring and I’m struggling with “fatherhood”. Never had kids of my own and now live with an only child. His mother raised him by herself till I showed up. Now we’re in a power struggle of sorts. The little pre Madonna thinks he’s the boss and I beg to differ. I’m definitely in the market for parenting advice

Never run from a fight. Never start one, either.

-Be careful about what you, your friends, or someone else you're around posts on social media. That shit will follow you the rest of your life. Better yet, dump social media altogether.

-Don't be a dumbass. We have plenty of them already without your contribution.

-Treat others how you'd like to be treated, but expect them to treat you worse.

-Hold doors for people in public, it doesn't matter who they are. Be a helpful person to others.

-Look people in the eye when talking to them. Be respectful even if they are less than.

-Limit the use of the word "like" in your sentences. Say exactly what the fuck you mean, not something like it.

Last edited:
My dad didn't say anything. He just made sure he always made time for me and set a good example when I was around. After that, he let me decide how to live my life. I try to live up to that every day with my own kids.

Sub’d. Step boy turns 11 this spring and I’m struggling with “fatherhood”. Never had kids of my own and now live with an only child. His mother raised him by herself till I showed up. Now we’re in a power struggle of sorts. The little pre Madonna thinks he’s the boss and I beg to differ. I’m definitely in the market for parenting advice

Dealing with a kid raised in the same situation she loves having me around because I am the authority figure she's afraid to be but I'm fair and I treat him very well at all times. I just don't let a kid push me around and I stand my ground.

As for the topic at hand my best advice is to not put pussy on a pedestal. Girls want to bang too but it's not ladylike to admit it so don't work too hard for it.

Read The Predatory Female and use it as a Bible. Much knowledge contained within that one.

Don't get married before you're 25. Your brain is still developing and you just plain likely don't know who you are before then.

Last edited:
Dad was a man of few words, the only thing I recall was "Know which secretary gets the work done and which one is the executive secretary, she's the one who sits on the bosses lap and lets the business go in the hole".

Never run from a fight. Never start one, either.

Along those lines: 1) If you are on the side of right, you can't go wrong.

2: you may beat the wrap, but you can't beat the ride

3: from an old basketball coach: if you can't handle rejection, don't start dating women.

4: this one may be for when he's late teens " slip the duece, jimmy the tre, ram the quad"

Dealing with a kid raised in the same situation she loves having me around because I am the authority figure she's afraid to be but I'm fair and I treat him very well at all times. I just don't let a kid push me around and I stand my ground.

Yeah, I failed to put in the words that the “power struggle” is between myself and the boy. Mom thought she was going to raise him to adulthood on her own and being a mother was too soft on him. She appreciates my stern stance on responsibility and structure. I’m not exactly hard on him but I’ll always be harder on him than she could ever be. I just want him to value what she’s done and does for him, he’s to young to understand how much she sacrificed for him. I’m working on my own pre conceived notions and trying to do what’s best for him.

His mother’s biggest fear is that when the day comes that he gets to decide whether he lives with his mom or with his dad. That he’ll choose to go live with his dad instead of us. I don’t want to be the reason he goes to his dads. So I’m trying to find the line that we both raise a good man and he still loves us in the end.

When I got my first BB gun at 7. "You shoot it, you eat it!" Kept me from shooting everything that moved.

Top Back Refresh