What's new

The final presidential debate

Has there ever been a debate series that didn't include basically anything of substance on foreign policy or national security issues?

Pretty easy to see why

Last night was ok but I felt like I was watching a repeat of the others as far as topics go.

there's too much tax income attached to fossil fuels to go away in our lifetime. Smog credits are nothing more than Government kick backs to large companies and a tax free currency. Biofuels and ethanol have been perverted enough that they are nothing more than tax bases and buying votes. Solar is pandering to Chinese manufacturing. Hydroelectric take up too much prime real estate. Wind power takes more energy to manufacture than it makes. We are stuck with fossil fuels for a while, unless CO2 emissions are pulled back and we start back on hydrogen fuel cells again

Tesla reported great earnings the other day on the back of....selling "credits" to other automakers :lmao:

Seeing as how we are all off in lala land our only option at this point is nukes. The only really safe nuke tech we have Atm is the helium 3 reactor. Give me some big equipment and ship my ass to the moon. I’ll strip mine that sonofabitch.

Seeing as how we are all off in lala land our only option at this point is nukes. The only really safe nuke tech we have Atm is the helium 3 reactor. Give me some big equipment and ship my ass to the moon. I’ll strip mine that sonofabitch.

We don't really have those yet. There are a few small scale testbed reactors but it's not any further along than any other fusion power project.

in the harshest of conditions, swimming around under the surface of the ocean, we are able to safely operate electronics with rather small nuke power. I have no idea what wizardry it takes to function those, but it seems very obtuse that we can manage an underwater city safely with nukes and not above ground ones :rasta:

well, i hope they don't support monument over forest designations :laughing: restricting the access to energy, in all forms, leads us inevitably to CA. Rolling blackouts, rolling brownouts, insane prices, poor forest management (yup, wood burning stove ban has real effects) and, inevitably, higher loss of life

:laughing:That's what I'm getting at, if they ban fossil fuels, how will retirees, or even the sick and challenged, be able to heat their homes if they live in cold climate states? What do they(leaders calling for fossil fuel bans) think, the folks around them will band together to cut, split, stack, and fill the stove for them??? Or be able to afford the electric heating systems?

:laughing:That's what I'm getting at, if they ban fossil fuels, how will retirees, or even the sick and challenged, be able to heat their homes if they live in cold climate states? What do they(leaders calling for fossil fuel bans) think, the folks around them will band together to cut, split, stack, and fill the stove for them??? Or be able to afford the electric heating systems?

oh they (biden/harris/pelosi/etc.) simply think everybody will just go all electric and enjoy the modern conveniences of life, such as they have in CA.

it is such trash policy, like the minimum wage thing, trump was right to say it needs to be a state issue and that whatever in NY may not be good in KS, whereas biden favors national mandate policies based on the idealism of a few localities.

I don’t think the plan is to get rid of fossil fuel but to tax it heavily. Look at the failed Obama energy credit system that made liberal companies billions with no accountability (ie wind and solor. T Boone Pickens even got into wind). Then put tax credits on oil to pay for it. It’s all a ploy to destroy the middle class. All of the policies are trying to drive a two class system at their core.

I don’t think the plan is to get rid of fossil fuel but to tax it heavily. Look at the failed Obama energy credit system that made liberal companies billions with no accountability (ie wind and solor. T Boone Pickens even got into wind). Then put tax credits on oil to pay for it. It’s all a ploy to destroy the middle class. All of the policies are trying to drive a two class system at their core.

he pretty flat out said the first thing he will do is remove all subsidies, then lay the groundwork to eliminate it fully by 2050.

so yeah, eliminate subsidies, tax it until it is magically more expensive than solar (?) then keep increasing the taxes and importation and export fines so that there is no incentive to generate domestic fossil fuels or use fossil fuel based equipment.

it absolutely is all about creating a rigid class system, where one is currently intended to not exist. when we all get the same amount of dirt in every spoonfull, then we shall be equal :angel:

he pretty flat out said the first thing he will do is remove all subsidies, then lay the groundwork to eliminate it fully by 2050.

so yeah, eliminate subsidies, tax it until it is magically more expensive than solar (?) then keep increasing the taxes and importation and export fines so that there is no incentive to generate domestic fossil fuels or use fossil fuel based equipment.

it absolutely is all about creating a rigid class system, where one is currently intended to not exist. when we all get the same amount of dirt in every spoonfull, then we shall be equal :angel:

You realize how much oil is in plastics? I think they are overlooking how much plastic we use in this country and what this plan will do to EVERY industry.

You realize how much oil is in plastics? I think they are overlooking how much plastic we use in this country and what this plan will do to EVERY industry.

oil in plastics :confused:

no such thing!

in fact, Fur is Murder! Cotton is Racist! Polyester is the only natural and sustainable fibre for every fabric in our lives!

oh, uh, hemp oil! hemp oil makes plastics that are good for the EARTH!

(but like the windmills, we can just get our plastics from china, their environ standards won't kick in until we've already eliminated domestic oil in all things)

122270030_10159108094834165_6786742727411480601_n.jpg

Note that in many cases the "oil subsidies" are largely the same "if you spend money building something, you can deduct that money" that every other other business gets, but perhaps with the depreciation schedule adjusted to match the usable lifespan of an oil well.

Aaron Z

What about molten salt reactors?

What about molten salt reactors?

Still produces radioactive waste. The he3 reaction doesn’t make nuclear waste. It’s the best source of energy we have found to date. Issue is we could only produce 15-20kg a year here on earth. It is very rare and we don’t have good sources of helium.

According to some of the scientists all we would have to do is mine a million or two tons of the surface of the moon to get enough to run the country for a year. My hodunk crew can process 450,000ton in 10 months. Be it it would be much more difficult and the process would be much different, it is feasible.

Reactions: DMG
Still produces radioactive waste. The he3 reaction doesn’t make nuclear waste. It’s the best source of energy we have found to date. Issue is we could only produce 15-20kg a year here on earth. It is very rare and we don’t have good sources of helium.

According to some of the scientists all we would have to do is mine a million or two tons of the surface of the moon to get enough to run the country for a year. My hodunk crew can process 450,000ton in 10 months. Be it it would be much more difficult and the process would be much different, it is feasible.

You would fly up to an asteroid to drill a hole so they can drop a nuke in that bitch to save the earth, wouldnt you:flipoff2::lmao:

I honestly love your patriotism:usa:

Well I learned something new today. Very cool.

Top Back Refresh