What's new

The final presidential debate

Well I called it in the OP. Trump knocked it out of the park. :usa:

On a side note: someone stole all the Trump signs from all my neighbors and me yesterday.

P.S. You fuckers bicker like old crazy women. :flipoff2:

Well... I lost $20 on that debate. I thought for sure they would mute Trump when he started on the Hunter Biden stuff but it doesn't look like they did.

That was much better than the first one. Moderator was decent actually. Kept control of the two dingbats, but unfortunately still moved along from pointant questions and retorts too quickly to deflect some heat from Biden.

I was annoyed with Trump for not taking the ball and running with it when Biden said, "50 intelligence officers have all said this Hunter story is disinformation," but Trump left it instead of coming back with, "That's nice, but they no longer work in intelligence and the current DOJ, FBI and Intelligence Director all say there's no evidence of it being Russian."

All in all, I'd say a draw at best and a win for Biden. Trump had golden opportunities to hammer that old bastard by actually telling us what he DID do vs what Joe has never done, but left all that unspoken on the table. Trump can't debate for shit and whether or not Biden was given the questions early is irrelevant because he executed when Trump did not.

"Come on" is fucking old already. I cringe everytime that asshole says it. That's not a point you blundering old bag of wind. This debate changes no one's mind and I'm afraid the 50 million people who already have voted probably means that voter participation in this election will be the highest in a long time, which is bad for Trump I'd imagine. I fully expect Biden to win and the Dems take the Senate and keep the House.

Get prepared now for the fuckery... I'd say a case of a fine Rye Whiskey should do the trick... At least for a week or so.

Well... I lost $20 on that debate. I thought for sure they would mute Trump when he started on the Hunter Biden stuff but it doesn't look like they did.

That was much better than the first one. Moderator was decent actually. Kept control of the two dingbats, but unfortunately still moved along from pointant questions and retorts too quickly to deflect some heat from Biden.

I was annoyed with Trump for not taking the ball and running with it when Biden said, "50 intelligence officers have all said this Hunter story is disinformation," but Trump left it instead of coming back with, "That's nice, but they no longer work in intelligence and the current DOJ, FBI and Intelligence Director all say there's no evidence of it being Russian."

All in all, I'd say a draw at best and a win for Biden. Trump had golden opportunities to hammer that old bastard by actually telling us what he DID do vs what Joe has never done, but left all that unspoken on the table. Trump can't debate for shit and whether or not Biden was given the questions early is irrelevant because he executed when Trump did not.

"Come on" is fucking old already. I cringe everytime that asshole says it. That's not a point you blundering old bag of wind. This debate changes no one's mind and I'm afraid the 50 million people who already have voted probably means that voter participation in this election will be the highest in a long time, which is bad for Trump I'd imagine. I fully expect Biden to win and the Dems take the Senate and keep the House.

Get prepared now for the fuckery... I'd say a case of a fine Rye Whiskey should do the trick... At least for a week or so.

I think this election is a wild card. Biden scares the fuck out of a lot of people.

I halfway expected a landslide for Trump, but I honestly have no fucking clue what to expect. I know many people, honkeys and darkies alike, are fucking pissed at this lockdown and masking shit.

I think this election is a wild card. Biden scares the fuck out of a lot of people.

I halfway expected a landslide for Trump, but I honestly have no fucking clue what to expect. I know many people, honkeys and darkies alike, are fucking pissed at this lockdown and masking shit.

I agree. Now that the debate is over, do we have an election thread?

I was hoping for a moment were biden would totally shit the bed. I guess they had him on enough speed and stayed in his ear enough to help him fumble through the night.

First poll came out. Trump 74%, Biden 24%. Not sure about the other 2%

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/23/us-presidential-debate-won-trump-biden/

daily telegraph, UK rag, says trump won. their "poll" at the bottom for users to vote on has about the same 75/25 split

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/22/politics/cnn-poll-final-presidential-debate/index.html

CNN says biden won with 53/39 according to their poll

That's a more positive outcome for Trump. In a CNN Instant Poll after the first presidential debate, just 28% said they thought the President had won the debate, and 67% called his criticism of Biden unfair.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/23/opinion/debate-trump-biden-who-won.html

NYT opinion says, in general, it was close/tie/slight biden win with some saying slight trump win

I wish I could just go tell Trump to just once say something non-divisive and positive. All it would take is him saying directly "Racism is wrong" or "I'm not perfect but I want what's best for America" or some other thing that's not just we have the best this or that and he'd swing the rest of the voters. Most people don't hate him for his policies, they hate him for his personality.

that was the impetus of his "what would your innagural statement sound like" when he said "we've got people coming together on both sides, we had everybody working together, with our success, we are united"

so Biden wants to get rid of our country's dependencies on oil

Trump said something about how states like Texas need to pay attention to that..

we have oil and natural gas at the ranch..

I would be happy putting up a field of solar panels..

as a country we need to move on to cleaner energy

you are currently free to put up a field of solar panels if you want

On Trump burying Biden with information, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a lot of information he couldn’t divulge due to compromising intelligence.

Love him or hate him, I appreciate that Trump tries to be as transparent as possible. Instead of just saying, “That’s not true,” and move on, he takes time to explain exactly what’s going on. His tax response did that. Biden couldn’t do that, because he was LYING.

so Biden wants to get rid of our country's dependencies on oil

Trump said something about how states like Texas need to pay attention to that..

we have oil and natural gas at the ranch..

I would be happy putting up a field of solar panels..

as a country we need to move on to cleaner energy

You've said some dumb things, but this almost takes the cake.

Nothing destroys an area and ecosystem like solar panel farms. And you want to talk about climate change? Hundreds of acres of steel and black carbon fiber and glass meant to hold the heat? Solar farms suck and are a complete waste of land. You want to put solar on rooftops? Go for it. That land is already irreversibly altered by man

The thing most people don't understand if you get rid of oil what other items in your life go away. Chemicals, plastics, polymers, rubber, and on and on . Drill baby drill.

And the reason Texas should pay attention is that a ton of revenue for the state roads and infastructure comes from the oil industry. With oil crashing out in March, next year fiscal outlook for TXDOT budget is low. That's not good for several industries that support blue collar workers, your fellow hispanics will be impacted by that.

Last edited:
You've said some dumb things, but this almost takes the cake.

Nothing destroys an area and ecosystem like solar panel farms. And you want to talk about climate change? Hundreds of acres of steel and black carbon fiber and glass meant to hold the heat? Solar farms suck and are a complete waste of land. You want to put solar on rooftops? Go for it. That land is already irreversibly altered by man

The thing most people don't understand if you get rid of oil what other items in your life go away. Chemicals, plastics, polymers, rubber, and on and on . Drill baby drill.

And the reason Texas should pay attention is that a ton of revenue for the state roads and infastructure comes from the oil industry. With oil crashing out in March, next year fiscal outlook for TXDOT budget is low. That's not good for several industries that support blue collar workers, your fellow hispanics will be impacted by that.

You shouldn’t use logic with him.

Come on man! :flipoff2:

i think one of biden biggest failures during the debate was talking about the covid relief.

Trump rightly stated they've passed 3 packages and that the current hold up is due, explicitly, to pelosi and her refusal to go below $3T again. Biden continued to say "it's already been passed, it was passed early summer". he is only aware of the first package and doesn't seem to know that negotiations continue

certainly, that won't get belaboured in the news cycle though

there is a huge difference between rolling it out gradually like he said.. and just getting rid of it

in the future we will need to stop depending on fossil fuels..

gradual is not a 15-30 year zero oil plan. that is insane.

i would have loved for trump to bring up someplace like Michigan and talk about how wind and solar are nowhere near a point they can provide stable year round power at anything close to reasonable prices. overall, his statements on wind and solar were solid though

i think one of biden biggest failures during the debate was talking about the covid relief.

Trump rightly stated they've passed 3 packages and that the current hold up is due, explicitly, to pelosi and her refusal to go below $3T again. Biden continued to say "it's already been passed, it was passed early summer". he is only aware of the first package and doesn't seem to know that negotiations continue

certainly, that won't get belaboured in the news cycle though

He could have gone into more detail about how it is being held up for a Dem stronghold bailout but he brought it up and those that care already know. Joe: But muh firefighters!

i would have loved for trump to bring up someplace like Michigan and talk about how wind and solar are nowhere near a point they can provide stable year round power at anything close to reasonable prices. overall, his statements on wind and solar were solid though

Trump: I know more about wind and solar than you! Joe: :crickets: I had to laugh.

And he did bring up the overseas manufacturing of components, etc.

15 is overly optimistic, but 30 is probably doable. The technology is mature enough now that entire nations are running on renewable power for weeks at a time. Of course there are still going to be some places where oil is needed like chemical production, some lubricants, and stuff like that, but for main power grid use? I could see fossil fuels either going away or serving just as an emergency backup within 30 years in the USA. In 30 years most cars will probably be electric as well.

15 is overly optimistic, but 30 is probably doable. The technology is mature enough now that entire nations are running on renewable power for weeks at a time. Of course there are still going to be some places where oil is needed like chemical production, some lubricants, and stuff like that, but for main power grid use? I could see fossil fuels either going away or serving just as an emergency backup within 30 years in the USA. In 30 years most cars will probably be electric as well.

it certainly isn't doable enough to start the mandates.

but that is also why i brought up a northern state, MI/MN/ND and even down to KS, wind and solar are not close to being reliable or stable for year round production and "the grid" is in no way up to the task, even with 30 years on it's side, of transporting it from places that can generate year round to places that cannot. tidal power, hyroelectric, nuclear, natural gas, solar, wind all will absolutely be with us in 30 years.

in 30 years, i don't doubt that the majority of new cars sold will be electric. that is a far cry from saying "zero oil in 30 years". The mandates will continue to be trash everywhere they are tried, they will continue to fail and they will continue to hinder the efforts that the market has made and will continue to make to address these issues

Trump: I know more about wind and solar than you! Joe: :crickets: I had to laugh.

And he did bring up the overseas manufacturing of components, etc.

i was happy that he talked about the carbon emissions related to the construction of wind turbines overseas :laughing: aside from "kills all the birds", trumps mini rail against wind was solid

you are currently free to put up a field of solar panels if you want

If you have a field... That is part of the problem. There is not enough usable space to place enough panels to make the country Solar sufficient.

We have 3 acres that we have let turn successional to provide shade and lower our electric bill. We'd have to cut a large swath through it to have solar working day long during the entire year. Our neighbors with .25 acres? Fugetaboutit.

Would need a massive change in the way houses are sited and built to make solar work. But that doesn't help anyone with a existing house with the roof facing the wrong way.

If you have a field... That is part of the problem. There is not enough usable space to place enough panels to make the country Solar sufficient.

We have 3 acres that we have let turn successional to provide shade and lower our electric bill. We'd have to cut a large swath through it to have solar working day long during the entire year. Our neighbors with .25 acres? Fugetaboutit.

Would need a massive change in the way houses are sited and built to make solar work. But that doesn't help anyone with a existing house with the roof facing the wrong way.

and the further north you go, the shorter the winter days and the higher the load. i'm not sure how well windmills do in ice storms to offset short overcast winter days...

there's too much tax income attached to fossil fuels to go away in our lifetime. Smog credits are nothing more than Government kick backs to large companies and a tax free currency. Biofuels and ethanol have been perverted enough that they are nothing more than tax bases and buying votes. Solar is pandering to Chinese manufacturing. Hydroelectric take up too much prime real estate. Wind power takes more energy to manufacture than it makes. We are stuck with fossil fuels for a while, unless CO2 emissions are pulled back and we start back on hydrogen fuel cells again

and the further north you go, the shorter the winter days and the higher the load. i'm not sure how well windmills do in ice storms to offset short overcast winter days...

:rolleyes:I would really welcome a cheap easy way to hear my 5k sq ft house and 2400 a ft shop without fossil fuels (of course i cut wood for mine, but not everyone has that option.)

:rolleyes:I would really welcome a cheap easy way to hear my 5k sq ft house and 2400 a ft shop without fossil fuels (of course i cut wood for mine, but not everyone has that option.)

cutting wood is an excellent option and further highlights why Nat. Forests that are open for the public are far superior for the environment and the people than monuments and other restricted use areas

edit: wood works great for keeping you from freezing to death, but it does fuckall, especially from efficiency, for granting you access to "the internet", which was an obama/biden "human right"

cutting wood is an excellent option and further highlights why Nat. Forests that are open for the public are far superior for the environment and the people than monuments and other restricted use areas

Tell that to the retirees who are broken from working their whole lives to keep this country going....

Tell that to the retirees who are broken from working their whole lives to keep this country going....

well, i hope they don't support monument over forest designations :laughing: restricting the access to energy, in all forms, leads us inevitably to CA. Rolling blackouts, rolling brownouts, insane prices, poor forest management (yup, wood burning stove ban has real effects) and, inevitably, higher loss of life

Top Back Refresh