What's new

The crown threatens to turn water and electricity off to the peasents

MuntCuffin

Upgrayedded user
Member Number
Loc
Farm lands and horse's asses
Following reports of large parties that violate health orders aimed at slowing the spread of the novel coronavirus, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Wednesday that he will authorize the city to shut off water and power services to residents who hold such gatherings.

Beginning Friday night, if Los Angeles Police Department officers respond to and verify that a large party is occurring at a property, and there’s evidence that the venue has repeatedly engaged in such behavior, the department will request that the city shut off water and power services within 48 hours.

Garcetti said that while all nightclubs and bars have already been closed, “these large house parties have essentially become nightclubs in the hills” and often happen at homes that are vacant or used for short-term rentals.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The consequences of these large parties ripple far beyond just those parties,” he said. “They ripple throughout our entire community because the virus can quickly and easily spread.”

The issue of large, private gatherings received heightened scrutiny this week following a boisterous party Monday at a mansion on Mulholland Drive that ended in a fatal shooting.

About 200 people were at the party when police first entered about 7 p.m. after numerous complaints from neighbors about the size of the gathering.

Although officers cited and impounded some vehicles that were illegally parked, they did not break up the party — even though gatherings of any size are prohibited under Los Angeles County’s coronavirus health order.

A shooting was reported about 12:45 a.m. LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez said officers found two women and a man suffering from gunshot wounds. All the victims were taken to hospitals in critical or grave condition, and a 35-year-old woman later died. The other two were stable, officials said.

Ramirez said the shooting is considered a gang-related homicide. Social media activity, in part, led detectives to tie the shooting to gang activity, he added

L.A. Councilman David Ryu also introduced a motion Wednesday to increase penalties and provide additional enforcement options against property owners who defy city laws or building and safety rules, including the city’s 2018 party-house ordinance.

The party on Mulholland Drive was the latest in a string of big house parties during the pandemic. The county has also announced an investigation into a party thrown for “first responders” at a Hollywood bar on July 31 that violated social distancing requirements.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-their-water-and-power-shut-off-garcetti-says

Just shut the sewer off. :laughing:

Insane. Too bad my grandfather isn't still around. I'd like to run some of today's news by him to see if he can select true stories vs. ones I make up.

LA has been saying that since day 1, this is just a reiteration of their current and previous position with the slight expansion of including personal residences.

it's flat BS and can and will only be enforced wholly arbitrarily, which is the most abusive forms of governance

LA has been saying that since day 1, this is just a reiteration of their current and previous position with the slight expansion of including personal residences.

it's flat BS and can and will only be enforced wholly arbitrarily, which is the most abusive forms of governance

And still no one will get off the porch when the government starts starving people and shutting off water in their homes.

Actually some people will and it will be the illegals and then evrey right winger will really be in brain lock mode.

And still no one will get off the porch when the government starts starving people and shutting off water in their homes.

Actually some people will and it will be the illegals and then evrey right winger will really be in brain lock mode.

IIRC, the city will likely have the ability to condemn houses that don't have water or electricity...

I'm ok with this...if you want to be stupid and not follow the rules, there will be consequences. I prefer this over just slapping people with fines, people don't care about the money, they will care about not having utilities.

I'm ok with this...if you want to be stupid and not follow the rules, there will be consequences. I prefer this over just slapping people with fines, people don't care about the money, they will care about not having utilities.

you're okay with tyranny? Over a virus that will prove to be no more deadly than the flu?

you're okay with tyranny? Over a virus that will prove to be no more deadly than the flu?

If it means I can get back to my normal life sooner, hell yes.

The government wants the economic recovery more than people being healthy, so any restrictions that hurt economic growth (e.g. distancing and shit) will get lifted as soon as they can, so I'm all for measures put in place now that will make this shit end sooner.

I hope you are lost.

The government wants the economic recovery more than people being healthy, so any restrictions that hurt economic growth (e.g. distancing and shit) will get lifted as soon as they can, so I'm all for measures put in place now that will make this shit end sooner.

You think the government will release power that they've absorbed? :lmao::lmao:

:lmao:

no they won't. CA, and more broadly deep blue mayors and governors around this country, have well demonstrated that they care more about keeping the economy suppressed in order to influence the political election than they do about growth. they are getting Trillions in unaccountable emergency money and fines to waste as they deem fit. it is literally scrooge mcduck swimming in a gold filled pool.

how is the Canadian covid situation vs candian covid restrictions currently looking? Canada should be fully open everywhere right about now, last time I checked their numbers.

You are a super kind of stupid.

Sucks, Gives more reason for Californians to leave the cesspool they have created.

Sucks, Gives more reason for Californians to leave the cesspool they have created.

Yeah, then they all end up in AZ and elect democrats here. Brilliant. The border wall should turn north at Yuma.

Re-elect Sheriff Joe! Put the tents back up! Green bologna and pink under wear, makes some think twice about fucking up.

:lmao:

no they won't. CA, and more broadly deep blue mayors and governors around this country, have well demonstrated that they care more about keeping the economy suppressed in order to influence the political election than they do about growth. they are getting Trillions in unaccountable emergency money and fines to waste as they deem fit. it is literally scrooge mcduck swimming in a gold filled pool.

how is the Canadian covid situation vs candian covid restrictions currently looking? Canada should be fully open everywhere right about now, last time I checked their numbers.

We're in "stage 3" of re-opening here...so up to 100 people socially distanced, 10 people bubbles for extended families. Indoor seating at restaurants are open now...slowly but surely things are opening back up. We're being cautious and will be back to normal long before you idiots south of the border will be.

Wearing a mask and keeping some distance and not gathering in large groups for a bit isn't tyranny, it's being prudent. Tyranny would be killing anyone and their entire families if they got covid. Ironically too, a lot of you people want tyranny over the BLM groups, you want the government to suppress these people...they should have liberty to be reckless too right? What you're asking for is getting your own way and be damned with anyone/anything else. It's as bad as a bunch of whiny little bitches....oh wait, I will call you all Karen's!

Disclaimer: I think the BLM stuff is bullshit too.

^ This is the "I know where zeh neighbors are hiding zeh Jews!" guy. Karen's, meet Kevin.

We're in "stage 3" of re-opening here...so up to 100 people socially distanced, 10 people bubbles for extended families. Indoor seating at restaurants are open now...slowly but surely things are opening back up. We're being cautious and will be back to normal long before you idiots south of the border will be.

Wearing a mask and keeping some distance and not gathering in large groups for a bit isn't tyranny, it's being prudent. Tyranny would be killing anyone and their entire families if they got covid. Ironically too, a lot of you people want tyranny over the BLM groups, you want the government to suppress these people...they should have liberty to be reckless too right? What you're asking for is getting your own way and be damned with anyone/anything else. It's as bad as a bunch of whiny little bitches....oh wait, I will call you all Karen's!

Disclaimer: I think the BLM stuff is bullshit too.

I really enjoy this ironic take on sparking off a violent overthrow of the LAX gov. Good writing!!

Yes shut the utilities off and put the people in timeout so they comply;);) no one will pushback;);)

Top Back Refresh