What's new

Tesla - Fuck the Haters

What would an E-charge station C-store look like ?
Will there even need to be any? Chargers will be everywhere. They're at hotels, restaurants, ski areas, grocery stores, etc. Tnere's almost no place you can't put one. Not to mention every house could have them. I'd be willing to bet they'll start popping up at rest areas, if they haven't already. Convenience stores? Meh...

Will there even need to be any? Chargers will be everywhere. They're at hotels, restaurants, ski areas, grocery stores, etc. Tnere's almost no place you can't put one. Not to mention every house could have them. I'd be willing to bet they'll start popping up at rest areas, if they haven't already. Convenience stores? Meh...
we have them at at least a handful of rest areas here in CT on a smaller main highway (15 north/south). Haven't noted if they've got a bank of then on the major NJ or CT rest stops yet, haven't been down to the parent's in a while

The Crusted one made some good points here. :idea: Anyone that has dealt with a "gas station" could easily understand this.

As we were always told, the fuel sales didnt pay for shit or make $$ Its was the C-store, the convenience store shit food and fountain drink that Americans suck in like carp grazing on salmon eggs that makes money Sugar rich junk packaged food. The gasoline was just there to lure in the obese Fat-boy pickup truck driving slobs. Like sugar to ants. :flipoff2: Soooooooo

What would an E-charge station C-store look like ? What will the MuskMobile nation pilots be drawn to ?? fern bars ? Orgo-Seaweed flakes ? Spirulina smootheezes ?? :laughing:
massages, handies, quickies, showers, same as any truck stop where they have to be stopped for an extended time.

Truck stops really aren't that similar to gas station convenience stores.

As we were always told, the fuel sales didnt pay for shit or make $$ Its was the C-store, the convenience store
fwiw a friend of my father just sold a gas station last year after owning it for 15yrs, he says the same thing, not much profit in fuel. his profits came from the junk in the store and the carwash.

Tesla has teams of people who hunt down the VINs of wrecked Tesla’s so they can lock them out of the charger network .
And they refuse to sell parts to repair the wrecked ones .

I know nothing about Teslas, why would they do this?

...and you need special permission to use the plug?

Ever try to go over Donner pass in 4” of snow and have to dodge 15 Teslas parked in the middle of the highway? Can’t carry volts in a can, I hate ‘em.
Or go on an extended offroad 4X4 trip with no services. I'd like to see someone explain how they're going to carry a couple of cans of electrons.

bunch of stuck up ****s in here :laughing::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

a business in america actually building a product in america and doing so successfully is a good thing for america, despite if i want what theyre selling, jobs for americans is great
Doesn't make the product worth a shit.

ar-charged-by-honda-generator_625x300_09_August_20.jpg

:laughing:

Or go on an extended offroad 4X4 trip with no services. I'd like to see someone explain how they're going to carry a couple of cans of electrons.

Now they won't have to ban off roading, the problem will take care of itself with the lack of range and charging options in the middle of nowhere...

I'll have to see if I took a picture. When we were at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon about 3 years ago there was a tesla with a trunk full of propane tanks and a propane generator he was trying to start to charge his tesla:lmao:

I thought Enron manipulated the market and I do remember reading about the rolling blackouts

And if natural gas is so horrible for her environment that places on California have banned new gas stoves in kitchens , we do they bulldoze the natural gas power plants ?
The story was... if we deregulate the electric monopoly the fair market and competition will drive prices down.... What happened was they colluded to do maintenance and repairs all at the same time to manipulate the market, creating a shortage, and driving prices up.

They mandated utilities to sell of generation stations, when they did they sold off the most expensive sites, needing the most repairs.
Again driving prices up.

It was a bad idea from the start, but hatred for the evil monopoly caused it.

Every single house is a gas station. Would agree most people don’t even warrant another other than a 110 plug. There’s obviously cases where it doesn’t make sense but if you spend 8 hours at home you can do an EV.

Your example makes no sense. According to you if I spend 8hrs at home I can drive anywhere I want in my EV. Wut?
Most people Monday - Friday drive to work, go pickup the kids from school, go to the grocery store, go to dinner, etc. Not road trip. With an EV the gas station is at home. I drive 60 miles round trip everyday. I don’t have to find a charger once a week to charger. I get home, plug it into my welding plug with an adapter and wake up with a full tank.

Most people Monday - Friday drive to work, go pickup the kids from school, go to the grocery store, go to dinner, etc. Not road trip. With an EV the gas station is at home. I drive 60 miles round trip everyday. I don’t have to find a charger once a week to charger. I get home, plug it into my welding plug with an adapter and wake up with a full tank.

What do you do when you want to travel? Do you plan 2 extra days so you can account for time to sit at charging stations along the way or are we using a gas powered vehicle for that?

It takes more planning and gas is definitely easier. But from the door of my house to the door of my parents house is 800 miles and have done it multiple times in a straight shot. Sure it’s not as quick but it’s not as impossible as you think. Again, it’s not perfect but for everyday driving it is actually easier.

I get your everyday driving could be different than mine and maybe you put 200 miles on a day (which still works if you sleep at home. 30 miles of range added, home from work, sleep for 7 hours before leaving again). And once again it’s not perfect. I’m open to any questions, it’s very different in the sense of stopping at a gas station.

So does Mrs roundhouse
45 minute drive to work and 45 back .
But she drove three hours away last weekend . The last 15 miles of the trip is up a steep mountain , gains 2000 feet elevation in 11 miles .

Ain’t no electric car gonna do that

The weekend before she drove 450 miles to see her family.
Is there an electric car that can do that ?

Is there an electric car that can do that , that costs $4k ?
Cause that’s what we paid for Mrs roundhouse’s car, 12 years ago . We’ve spend another $4k on it over the years for Maint and repairs ,
Is there an electric car available that only costs $800 a year for the payment ?

Sure there’s chargers everywhere in big cities , there are zero chargers in rural areas .

Read the Car & Driver article about them driving electric cars cross country .
Finding a charger that’s available and actually works isn’t as easy as you think .

My father is retired and hardly ever drives , except to his many doctors appointments, but he lives in a condo , no garage and thus , no where to plug it up .

Is the condo complex gonna pay $125k for a charger install and pay for the electricity and pay for the Maint and repairs to the charger ?
And deal with all the complaints that it’s always blocked with a car that’s been sitting there for hours ?

How about all the people that live on apartments ?

People who rent ?

People who own houses with no off street parking ?

Last edited:
I quoted this statement:

Never ever, huh? Never ever ever? You obviously don't pay attention to the world around you. Anyone with any common sense can see that there will most likely be a truck as you described on the market, easily within ten years. Not only will what you claim can never happen, happen, it is inevitable.

In the mean time, the F150 Lightening will come close enough for a lot of us, probly even you if you do a little research and charge at home. Are you sure there aren't any charging stations around? Because they're all over the damn place here, and they keep popping up. And guess what, they'll keep popping up until they're on practically every street corner, because they're cheap and easy to put up. As opposed to gas stations.

"Never ever" is almost always an idiotic claim to make.
Won’t happen in my lifetime

The liberal politicians can decree that all cars sold after 2025 or whatever year makes them feel good, but it ain’t gonna happen .

It just won’t .
A Tesla battery has the energy equivalent of Six gallons of gasoline .
You’re trying to convince me that suddenly they will have a battery that can hold the energy of 30 gallons of gasoline ??? And it won’t cost anymore than what a current pickup or suv costs?

Never gonna happen in my lifetime .

The resources simply don’t exist . There just isn’t that much easily accessible lithium and other chemicals and minerals .

The only reason half the chargers exist is Volkswagen installing them as part of the fedgov going after them .

Their software cheats didn’t kill anyone yet they had to pay 1000 X the fine that GM did when their faulty ignition switches killed lots of people

I wish Volkswagen would have just told the fedgov FU

The story was... if we deregulate the electric monopoly the fair market and competition will drive prices down.... What happened was they colluded to do maintenance and repairs all at the same time to manipulate the market, creating a shortage, and driving prices up.

They mandated utilities to sell of generation stations, when they did they sold off the most expensive sites, needing the most repairs.
Again driving prices up.

It was a bad idea from the start, but hatred for the evil monopoly caused it.
They did that here with the natural gas .
Suddenly the rate quadrupled

I switched my house to total electric.
Ditched the gas furnace for a heat pump .

At least the electric utility has to bribe the public service commission to get permission to raise the rates .
So I know what the electric rates will be
That can’t double or quadruple them overnight

But the electric utility has spent $5 billion on a nuclear plant that was suppose to cost $2 billion and be finished 11 years ago, but it ain’t even half done yet . I doubt it will ever be finished .

So does Mrs roundhouse
45 minute drive to work and 45 back .
But she drove three hours away last weekend . The last 15 miles of the trip is up a steep mountain , gains 2000 feet elevation in 11 miles .

Ain’t no electric car gonna do that

I’m not sure if your saying an electric car cant go up a mountain or drive three hours. Go find a video or article about Teslas at Pikes Peak. Also see the post you quoted where I drive 800 miles one way in one. So an electric car already doing that. Now your wife’s trip, it may not be possible at all dependent on Level 3 Fast chargers.
The weekend before she drove 450 miles to see her family.
Is there an electric car that can do that ?
See my 800 miles one way. Electric car doing that.
Is there an electric car that can do that , that costs $4k ?
Cause that’s what we paid for Mrs roundhouse’s car, 12 years ago . We’ve spend another $4k on it over the years for Maint and repairs ,
Is there an electric car available that only costs $800 a year for the payment ?
No, and there won’t be for a while. Right now it’s a luxury market car. I will say as far as maintenance. Three years, 49,000 miles. $0 spent on maintenance. I’ll need tires before it starts snowing here and I put windshield wiper fluid in it.
Sure there’s chargers everywhere in big cities , there are zero chargers in rural areas .
Agreed. Charging is everywhere in the big cities because people don’t live in homes like they do in rural areas. No home = no at home charging. I wouldn’t own an EV if I lived in the city. To inconvenient.
Read the Car & Driver article about them driving electric cars cross country .
Finding a charger that’s available and actually works isn’t as easy as you think .
Also agree. They aren’t everywhere. Don’t plan on doing that drive so not worried about it.
My father is retired and hardly ever drives , except to his many doctors appointments, but he lives in a condo , no garage and thus , no where to plug it up .
Is the condo complex gonna pay $125k for a charger install and pay for the electricity and pay for the Maint and repairs to the charger ?
And deal with all the complaints that it’s always blocked with a car that’s been sitting there for hours ?
Depends on the condo association. I’m sure there’s some out there that have done it. I know of a few work offices that have installed 4 chargers for less than $25,000. Sounds like it would be a great setup for your dad IF he could charge at home. But again, no charger at home, no EV for me.
How about all the people that live on apartments ?

People who rent ?

People who own houses with no off street parking ?
See above. I wouldn’t own one either. Not saying they are perfect and everyone needs to run and buy one right this second. But I think they are a lot further along than most people think.

I’m not sure if your saying an electric car cant go up a mountain or drive three hours. Go find a video or article about Teslas at Pikes Peak. Also see the post you quoted where I drive 800 miles one way in one. So an electric car already doing that. Now your wife’s trip, it may not be possible at all dependent on Level 3 Fast chargers.

See my 800 miles one way. Electric car doing that.

No, and there won’t be for a while. Right now it’s a luxury market car. I will say as far as maintenance. Three years, 49,000 miles. $0 spent on maintenance. I’ll need tires before it starts snowing here and I put windshield wiper fluid in it.

Agreed. Charging is everywhere in the big cities because people don’t live in homes like they do in rural areas. No home = no at home charging. I wouldn’t own an EV if I lived in the city. To inconvenient.

Also agree. They aren’t everywhere. Don’t plan on doing that drive so not worried about it.

Depends on the condo association. I’m sure there’s some out there that have done it. I know of a few work offices that have installed 4 chargers for less than $25,000. Sounds like it would be a great setup for your dad IF he could charge at home. But again, no charger at home, no EV for me.

See above. I wouldn’t own one either. Not saying they are perfect and everyone needs to run and buy one right this second. But I think they are a lot further along than most people think.
What I was saying is an electric car won’t drive 140 miles and THEN go up a steep mountain .

So they went up pikes peak.
Let’s see drive 150 miles and THEN drive up pikes peak , when it’s cold , or when it’s august in South Carolina and the AC has been on full blast for three hours .

I like electric golf carts. They are great for people who can charge them
At home and never take long trips.

My lifestyle just doesn’t accommodate a car that costs almost as much as my house, and has a very limited range and the company to that makes is refuses to sell repair parts .

What I was saying is an electric car won’t drive 140 miles and THEN go up a steep mountain .
huh?
yes it will. Not only will it, if its a telsa, it'll put your eyeballs on the back of your cranium while it does it.

It just won’t .
A Tesla battery has the energy equivalent of Six gallons of gasoline .
You’re trying to convince me that suddenly they will have a battery that can hold the energy of 30 gallons of gasoline ??? And it won’t cost anymore than what a current pickup or suv costs?
I'm really not disagreeing with you here on many of your points. Except this one. I don't know if a Tesla holds the equivalent of 6 gallons or not. But of a 30 gallon fuel tank, only about 10 gallons will be turned into usable energy. The rest of it is turned to waste heat. So, a battery only needs to hold the equivalent energy of 10 gallons plus the waste heat created while discharging. I don't know how much that is, but an electric motor is usually over 90% efficient compared to an ICE's ~30% rating. So, maybe the target for the electric vehicle is 11 gallons equivalent or something.

Edit--also, in an ideal world, the point of the electric car thing will be to replace as many ICE's as readily feasible. Not force everything. We all focus on the times it won't work, rather than the majority of the cases where it will work. I'd happily swap my commuter car for an electric one, just not willing to buy one yet.

I'm really not disagreeing with you here on many of your points. Except this one. I don't know if a Tesla holds the equivalent of 6 gallons or not. But of a 30 gallon fuel tank, only about 10 gallons will be turned into usable energy. The rest of it is turned to waste heat. So, a battery only needs to hold the equivalent energy of 10 gallons plus the waste heat created while discharging. I don't know how much that is, but an electric motor is usually over 90% efficient compared to an ICE's ~30% rating. So, maybe the target for the electric vehicle is 11 gallons equivalent or something.

Edit--also, in an ideal world, the point of the electric car thing will be to replace as many ICE's as readily feasible. Not force everything. We all focus on the times it won't work, rather than the majority of the cases where it will work. I'd happily swap my commuter car for an electric one, just not willing to buy one yet.
Agree with commuter. How many of us have a commuter highway shitbox and then our real vehicle that we drive when not going to and from the job. The main requirements for most people for that category of car is cheap (ownership and operation), and reliable

Agree with commuter. How many of us have a commuter highway shitbox and then our real vehicle that we drive when not going to and from the job. The main requirements for most people for that category of car is cheap (ownership and operation), and reliable
If I could find a hybrid or electric car that sat 6-7 people, had awd, got over 30MPG (Hybrid) or had 200+ miles of range (Electric) for under $10k (used) I would buy it.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh