What's new

Tesla - Fuck the Haters

you know I don't agree with any of those either?

but carbon credits are not government subsidies, they are literally one auto manufacturer forced to pay another to build cars because the government said they had too in order to continue building cars.
it's a big difference from states giving tax incentives to build factories.

but carbon credits are not government subsidies, they are literally one auto manufacturer forced to pay another to build cars because the government said they had too in order to continue building cars.
Fair enough, it's all government money though, and every auto maker is playing the game of how to squeeze more from the feds and states. I say if tesla gets ahead, more power to em since they're all playing dirty pool.

The actual $$ amount GM is FORCED t pay Tesla is what ? What is it ? Because I don't think it amounts to much, and really doesn't have any relevance except as emotional virtual signaling to some guidable people. :flipoff2:

Have to brwak off and get the As salt gun to kill this fucking fly that keeps landing here. :eek:

FWIW I do not support the carbon credit bullshit, it's bullshit I agree with you on that. :smokin:

The actual $$ amount GM is FORCED t pay Tesla is what ? What is it ? Because I don't think it amounts to much, and really doesn't have any relevance except as emotional virtual signaling to some guidable people. :flipoff2:

Have to brwak off and get the As salt gun to kill this fucking fly that keeps landing here. :eek:

FWIW I do not support the carbon credit bullshit, it's bullshit I agree with you on that. :smokin:
well last quarter it was nearly a half a billion dollars in carbon credits they sold.

a zero overhead, zero cost product that they make 500 million dollars a quarter from is not exactly what I would call chump change to the bottom line.

and all of that 500 million dollars was paid for directly by other brands consumers because they didn't buy an EV.
So it's directly costing customers of gasoline vehicles more money. That's how the credit system was designed, to punish those that don't partake in the EV.

tesla certainly isn't making money because they're building nice cars.
but that's all ok, because accepting a poorly made vehicle so you can look cool is fine in todays world.

why not both?

it would be one thing if they were building good cars with that money, but they're not.
Their cars aren't terrible, and they're forcing other auto manufacturers to innovate. How many battery only vehicles existed before tesla came along? How many big ass touch screens in cars? How many remote charging stations?

Lets face it, all electric vehicles suck right now because battery tech and charging sucks. But that would never change unless there was consumer demand for it, which first requires crappy electric cars that everyone wants to buy for some reason.

Their cars aren't terrible, and they're forcing other auto manufacturers to innovate. How many battery only vehicles existed before tesla came along? How many big ass touch screens in cars? How many remote charging stations?

Lets face it, all electric vehicles suck right now because battery tech and charging sucks. But that would never change unless there was consumer demand for it, which first requires crappy electric cars that everyone wants to buy for some reason.
not terrible?
people are complaining about water leaks into the cabin and paint that doesn't even match between panels on the same car.

they're failing at basic car manufacturer shit.
but they put an ipad in the center console, so that's what makes it a good car?

you and I have vastly different ideas on what a properly manufactured product must be then. I like it when panel gaps are consistent and paint is the same color and shit doesn't leak water.

I would own a mach-e, I don't think it's a shitty EV.
I also thought the chevy cruze was a brilliant idea, but apparently nobody else did.

Manche, I dont think you are saying - I dont think you wouldn't do exactly what TESLA is doing if you were in their position. Stick it to GM and any other bloated dinosaur and their UAW. The goobernment did this, not TESLA. In the theory at least, the government is doing the will of the voters that placed it in power. :laughing: I know one single TESLA owner, and he has never had any maintenance issue with his, a Model S and it's about 3 years old, I think.

He does fit the profile. Self made and very well off. He could have other status symbol autos but he chose the TESLA over say a Mercedes or BMW or some other shit. It's new and exciting and he can afford to take the petrol vehicle if he drives out of state which is almost never,

not terrible?
people are complaining about water leaks into the cabin and paint that doesn't even match between panels on the same car.

they're failing at basic car manufacturer shit.
but they put an ipad in the center console, so that's what makes it a good car?

you and I have vastly different ideas on what a properly manufactured product must be then. I like it when panel gaps are consistent and paint is the same color and shit doesn't leak water.

I would own a mach-e, I don't think it's a shitty EV.
I also thought the chevy cruze was a brilliant idea, but apparently nobody else did.
Pish, my volkswagen started leaking water into the cab the year after I got it new because the drains on the sunroof could clog up in with debris in the summer time. They still dont' have a fix or a recall for that. I end up flushing them out with hot water and then hitting them with the air compressor every fall.

My buddy's commuter honda civic had to be repainted twice on honda's dime because of defective paint. It started pealing again after the second time and he just sent it back.

Another friend's new jeep cherokee trailhawk had to go in 4 times to get the transmission reprogrammed because it kept glitching out.

New ford broncos...

I could go on and on. Tesla didn't' invent the art of the shitty manufacturing defect. All car manufacturers fail at basic car manufacturer shit.

What they did do that's remarkable is take take the risk of building an all electric full-size sedan, and somehow brand it/make it shiny enough to the masses that everyone wanted a completely untested platform using a power source that up until then, had been reserved for golf carts and cars the size of golf carts that commute 5 miles to work and back. Then they went on to make them faster in the quarter mile than most(all? I don't' follow this shit that much) gas powered vehicles and shrugged off the perception that they could be slow. Then they built out the charging infrastructure and gave everyone a sip of the Kool-Aid for free to get more interest. Their cars may have issues, but overall, they're doing a great job of proving an all electric car can be profitable and pushing research and development in that direction.

Do I own one even though I could? Fawk no. I like being able to refuel in 5 minutes or less. But I do appreciate that someone out there is driving innovation toward EVs so that maybe one day that battery and charging BS can get sorted out and I can buy an electric car that hauls ass, goes far, and charges as fast as I could fill my gas tank. Until then, I'll stick to internal combustion.

Manche, I dont think you are saying - I dont think you wouldn't do exactly what TESLA is doing if you were in their position. Stick it to GM and any other bloated dinosaur and their UAW. The goobernment did this, not TESLA. In the theory at least, the government is doing the will of the voters that placed it in power. :laughing: I know one single TESLA owner, and he has never had any maintenance issue with his, a Model S and it's about 3 years old, I think.

He does fit the profile. Self made and very well off. He could have other status symbol autos but he chose the TESLA over say a Mercedes or BMW or some other shit. It's new and exciting and he can afford to take the petrol vehicle if he drives out of state which is almost never,
I would not.

tesla has sold features to people that they cannot deliver on.
Full Self Driving is not even a fucking possibility in the next decade, but tesla takes money for the features and promised it. That's outright fraud.
$200 a month for "full self driving" but the car doesn't drive itself and when you get complacent behind the wheel and it crashes into something you may die.

elon musk is not some revolutionary, he's a fucking con artist.

elon musk is not some revolutionary, he's a fucking con artist.
He very well may be, but I'd argue that he's still forcing the entire industry to put money into EV R&D as a result. That may not have ever been his intent, but I'm glad it's happening.

Leaking windows. OK. I will simply say heresay and web noise. Anyone can say anything. I dont doubt that there are some TESLA with leaking windshields. Remember, TESLA is the most attacked, short sell industry extant. You have to sort FUD from fact. I did find this in about 10 seconds -

Detroit Auto Warranty Update, 18 February 2021

And please note that Tesla's claims rate has been far below either GM's or Ford's since the middle of 2016. That's 18 consecutive quarters of claims cost leadership, if anyone's counting

TESLA is far behind Ford and GM in warranty numbers and $$$. There is a lot of info, mostly about accurals and $$ set aside for warranty in that link.

Maybe you can do better, maybe not.

Leaking windows. OK. I will simply say heresay and web noise. Anyone can say anything. I dont doubt that there are some TESLA with leaking windshields. Remember, TESLA is the most attacked, short sell industry extant. You have to sort FUD from fact. I did find this in about 10 seconds -

TESLA is far behind Ford and GM in warranty numbers and $$$. There is a lot of info, mostly about accurals and $$ set aside for warranty in that link.

If you're not driving a Tesla perhaps you should STFU.:flipoff2::laughing:

or maybe, just like that tweet I linked from sept of this year, people buying teslas are simply accepting the flaws because they don't want to wait for a replacement, or they know that the replacement may simply be worse.

even the man himself said they sucked at QC.
everyone paying attention knows they're not building nice cars.

rather than fixing the problems he just tells people to not buy cars during production ramp up because they're going to have problems.
"Friends ask, 'When should I buy a Tesla?'" Musk said. "Well, either buy it right at the beginning or when production reaches steady state. During that production ramp, it's super hard to be in vertical climb mode and get everything right on the details."
quotes straight from the man himself.
getting the details right on your 60K dollar car is not important to them obviously.

and no, I don't believe that tesla is the most attacked automaker, I just believe that musk gets on twitter and sets his army of loyal fanbois on anyone that dares criticize.

As the title of this thread implies...haters going to hate.

Amongst other pro-USA ideals their company has...didn't see the following listed earlier:
-They don't spam TV commercials (no marketing budget...put that towards R&D)
-They don't sell to dealerships...they are the dealership...every model/trim option is the same price no matter where you get it...cut out the middle man bs

Honest question: Did Tesla at all push/convince/etc. .gov to come up with the (bullshit) credits?

How much bailout money did taxpayers front back in the day for the big 3 (2?)?

I'll give credit where its due. Tesla is kicking ass.

Like Is said "Fuck the Haters" :laughing:

Over a million owners do not. A million.

it's not like they recently recalled a bunch of cars because someone at the factory couldn't tighten suspension bolts.

How is that different than any other safety recall that other auto mfgs have done in the past?

Remember when GM had to recall 2.7 million vehicles because their ignition switch problems had killed 124 people?

GM settles deadly ignition switch cases for $120 million

How is that different than any other safety recall that other auto mfgs have done in the past?

Remember when GM had to recall 2.7 million vehicles because their ignition switch problems had killed 124 people?

GM settles deadly ignition switch cases for $120 million
So you're saying that they're just like any other manufacturer?

Great. Now go tell all the other fanbois that's the case.
Elon musk is not a saint and Tesla's aren't the greatest car ever is my argument here. I'm saying that people think Tesla gets the most hate but the truth is they're a mediocre car manufacturer and deserve it, other manufacturers just don't have nearly as vocal a fan club to make it seem like they've been attacked for being forward thinking or revolutionary.

So you're saying that they're just like any other manufacturer?

Great. Now go tell all the other fanbois that's the case.
Elon musk is not a saint and Tesla's aren't the greatest car ever is my argument here. I'm saying that people think Tesla gets the most hate but the truth is they're a mediocre car manufacturer and deserve it, other manufacturers just don't have nearly as vocal a fan club to make it seem like they've been attacked for being forward thinking or revolutionary.
I'm not a tesla fanboi, just not a hipster hater who chooses to bag on them just because they have vocal fabois. I think I pretty well outlined in my previous posts why I felt there were different than other auto manufacturers and worthy of some praise.

I'm not a tesla fanboi, just not a hipster hater who chooses to bag on them just because they have vocal fabois. I think I pretty well outlined in my previous posts why I felt there were different than other auto manufacturers and worthy of some praise.
I'm not bagging on them because I hate hipsters, I'm pointing out that they're not a great company making a great product and the reason it sells is 100% because of tweets on social media.

I mean, fucking beta testing self driving cars on city streets is a great idea right?
but when the car hits a pedestrian that feature you paid $200 a month for has a usage agreement that completely absolves tesla of any liability and also included a NDA that prohibits you from talking bad about it. They'll hang you out to dry on it. great guy that elon musk for selling a feature literally named "full self driving" that doesn't actually drive the car.
or is that not a real thing either?
“Recently, NHTSA has become aware of reports that participants in Tesla’s FSD early access beta release program have non-disclosure agreements that allegedly limit the participants from sharing information about FSD that portrays the feature negatively, or from speaking with certain people about FSD. Given that NHTSA relies on reports from consumers as an important source of information in evaluating potential safety defects, any agreement that may prevent or dissuade participants in the early access beta release program from reporting safety concerns to NHTSA is unacceptable. Moreover, even limitations on sharing certain information publicly adversely impacts NHTSA’s ability to obtain information relevant to safety.”

What about used cars don't include the license for those features and you need to buy them again? They did that too right? and they would have kept on doing it if the backlash from the internet wasn't so severe.

What about suing people for rebuilding a tesla without tesla's consent?

Everyone here wants to work on their own shit and tesla is leading the way on making that shit never happen in the future and everyone sucks elon's dick for it.

it's not a company looking out for anyone but itself and it's own, so I just don't get why people fucking love it sooooooo much and in the next breath will talk shit about another giant corporation for doing the exact same shit.

bunch of fucking fanbois.
:flipoff2:

I'm not bagging on them because I hate hipsters, I'm pointing out that they're not a great company making a great product and the reason it sells is 100% because of tweets on social media.
You're being very silly. Great/not great is just your opinion. Nobody ever said they were the greatest car company ever or that they build the best car in the history of building things that roll around. Well, maybe a few fanboiz did, but why are you lending those idiots any relevancy? Stop it. People are buying the cars because they are great cars with fully electric drive trains that are quick as all get out and don't look like a fucking Nissan Leaf. If Nissan Leafs were quick and didn't look like Nissan Leafs, people would be buying the hell out of those, too. Seems like Tesla is about the only company that got the memo stating that people don't want ugly fucking cars.

I mean, fucking beta testing self driving cars on city streets is a great idea right?
Nope, it's not, but people are fucking stupid. If I buy a Telsa (was looking at buying a model 3, bought a BRZ instead), guess what little add on I won't be paying extra for..? Yeah, that one. When cars start out-driving me, it'll be because I'm 90 and half dead.

What you're on about is like complaining about BMW drivers and their status symbols. It never seems to occur to people like you that people buy those cars because :idea: they're good cars. If I buy a good car and you think it's some sort of status symbol, that's entirely on you.

Well if a model 3 has rain on it and you open the trunk, all the water runs from the door into the trunk...

:flipoff2:

Jesus Christ some of you are more smug snotty whiners than most liberals complaining about the smoke stack driving lifted roll coaling idiots out there.

No car company has a perfect track record. Everybody has the shit head employee that got fucked up on Thursday night and did a shit job on Friday.

Going on three years and almost 50,000 miles with a Model 3. No service or anything done to it in the time. Did I buy it because I some free hugging liberal. Nope. Do I give a shit that they get carbon credits, sure. Not a free market when the government has their dirty hands in it. Do I like the fact that Musk is flipping the bird to California and the UAW, absolutely. Get off your high horses and see it as what it is. Another vehicle that has its use and is made in the USA.

Top Back Refresh