What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Tech in Chit-Chat

What to do with threads in Chat

• Create a 'General Fabrication' forum under 'General 4x4'

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Don't bitch about mods moving threads

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • I don't see a problem

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Bacon

Votes: 20 14.2%

• Total voters
I would like the ability to hide GCC from "new posts"

I'm not always in the mood to complain about shit.

I use new posts button, other than posting my own stuff, subforums are irrelevant to me.

So we have a bunch of nazi's who want to restrict free speech in chit-chat? Man, fuck those people, anything goes in chit chat as far as i'm concerned. I'm with the guy who said move them when they fizzle. Otherwise fuck off.:flipoff2:

wher does it say you have free speech in a private fourm?

Well, you could always restrict that Nate fucker to someplace other than chitchat and that would slow down a bunch of it. Doing the same to that banned fucker would get the rest of it, or nearly so.

I’m ok with moving threads. Chit chat gets the most eyes and is usually the quickest place to get an answer. If the thread goes on after somebody gets an answer move it wherever it belongs.

Its probably just a function the sites viewers but suggesting new posts in GCC is 10:1 other subs.
I always went to GCC in forums because there was not any new tech or if there was news etc.
There are so many posters in GCC here that will be the primary source of "new" content.
I would love to change that for ME.

??

Who the fuck stickied this dumbas question? :flipoff2:

Honestly, Tech in Chit chat isn't a real problem. People usually are aware of what they're doing, and accept the consequences of posting in a non-tech forum - it will get fucked up :lmao:

edit: if it's a legit good tech thread, move it as needed - but let them ride in GCC

How about if you do move a thread to a tech forum, tag is as a moved thread from GCC to explain the extra bullshit in it?

Make it so you can have a post show in both gcc and the correct sub. All the posts show in both locations. That way your search in the subs comes back good and you get all the gcc traffic engagement.
this could work
except then we gotta be serious samuels instead of whimsical williams

Relax Fancy Nancy , even the most serious of serious threads will get derailed eventually
1729200264482078.jpg

Seems like tech in CC posts are all lawnmowers, chainsaws, car stereo, lighting, the wife's Camry, etc. Things that don't have dedicated forums here.

The ones that do, just move them to the right forum after a week or so. People will follow the thread over there if they want to stay engaged with the notifications updating them of new posts or it'll die.

Starting in CC is good as I would never click on a post that was in the lawnmower forum (if there was one) and I can usually learn something if I see it in CC.

Ball gag for complainers for sure though

Seems like tech in CC posts are all lawnmowers, chainsaws, car stereo, lighting, the wife's Camry, etc. Things that don't have dedicated forums here.

The ones that do, just move them to the right forum after a week or so. People will follow the thread over there if they want to stay engaged with the notifications updating them of new posts or it'll die.

Starting in CC is good as I would never click on a post that was in the lawnmower forum (if there was one) and I can usually learn something if I see it in CC.

Ball gag for complainers for sure though

Yup, gcc is an inch deep and a mile wide

what about the other direction??? chatting in the special forums??

seriously tho, i never really thought much about it, but noticing threads like those about broncos being moved out of cc.. like a year ago..

i really didnt like the use of the "Nazi" word by boss... even if he did show the finger dude at the end (bottom of page 1 for me).. people have been getting called forum nazis for at least 30 years.. it never ends well

Last edited:
what about the other direction??? chatting in the special forums??

seriously tho, i never really thought much about it, but noticing threads like those about broncos being moved out of cc.. like a year ago..

i really didnt like the use of the "Nazi" word by boss... even if he did show the finger dude at the end (bottom of page 1 for me).. people have been getting called forum nazis for at least 30 years.. it never ends well
Your the one that joined, “the brown shirts”!!!!!
:homer::homer::homer:

If y'all care about this place, you should want what's best for Austin.

If its true that tech filed in the appropriate sub will help pay the bills/grow the site, then I agree with most that say to move it after a couple of days. I also agree that a [warning, may contain tomfoolery] tag should be added to moved posts to not confuse someone 15 years from now who is using this as an actual resource (looking at you 2008 era pbb threads I find searching for information on google :laughing:)

Threads that get moved from cc can have a permanent redirect from chitchat but i'm not certain that it bodes well with SERPS, Austin will have to chime in on that part.

But a day or two in this forum does sound solid.

Top Back Refresh