What's new

Tape measurer that doesnt cost a fortune

I mean, as long as you're using the same tape measure repeatedly for every measurement/cut it, a little inaccuracy isn't the end of the world.

If you're trying to build something to spec or with 3multiple tapes, then ya, big issue lol
I had some surplus Starrets that where in the discount section at princess auto that read all over the place

That was fun to find out the hard way :shaking:

These are my favorites, and cheap through Amazon or eBay, like $8. Not crazy durable if you throw them when your guy build an entire set of drawers wrong, but they handle drops fine. I like that you can write on them, the built in pencil sharpener sucks though, we just use a knife.

They also have some cool scales, one where you can mark on the bottom of the tape, flat ones for pipe, ones that give you square measurements, etc.

These are my favorites, and cheap through Amazon or eBay, like $8. Not crazy durable if you throw them when your guy build an entire set of drawers wrong, but they handle drops fine. I like that you can write on them, the built in pencil sharpener sucks though, we just use a knife.

They also have some cool scales, one where you can mark on the bottom of the tape, flat ones for pipe, ones that give you square measurements, etc.
I have their flat tape for doing round work. It's always funny to hand someone the end and watch it wet noodle right out of their hands

The thread reminded me I needed to get some tape measures, as the dozen or more HF ones I had bit the dust.

Found Airgas having a deal (still occurring) on the Stanley 25' Powerlocks (33-425).

Four for ~$37.50, or less than $10 each.

Picked up my online order (they didn't stock locally), and can confirm, they're the good ones (American Flag on the tape measures).

Happy deal for me :smokin:

Top Back Refresh