What's new

Sway Bar Tech

I think this might have been said on one of the earlier pages, but t's really hard to make those kind of direct calculations. One of the biggest factors is the CoG height vs the roll center of your rig. The longer that lever arm is, the more body roll a chassis has. So you can have two rigs with the same sprung weight, same unsprung weight, same coilovers and spring rates, same sway bars, and have them respond very differently because the roll centers and roll axes are different.
Good explanation of the concept of suspension geometry 👌

I think this might have been said on one of the earlier pages, but t's really hard to make those kind of direct calculations. One of the biggest factors is the CoG height vs the roll center of your rig. The longer that lever arm is, the more body roll a chassis has. So you can have two rigs with the same sprung weight, same unsprung weight, same coilovers and spring rates, same sway bars, and have them respond very differently because the roll centers and roll axes are different.
Eh. Finding anti-roll bar rates for a given roll angle/g and arm placement is really easy. The hard part is the 3d suspension model needed for it. I don't know of any free/cheap softwares publicly available that do the 3d model, yet.

Eh. Finding anti-roll bar rates for a given roll angle/g and arm placement is really easy. The hard part is the 3d suspension model needed for it. I don't know of any free/cheap softwares publicly available that do the 3d model, yet.

I have/had the full version of Performance Trends Suspension Analyzer that would spit out those numbers. Unfortunately, the laptop I had everything on shit the bed and I haven't touched it since, out of fear of loosing the suspension files I have on it. A few of those files are very important and I really can't lose them. Every few months I think about getting the info off the hard drive....then I forget about it.

I think that program was $500 when I bought it ~2005

EDIT:

I started a new thread in chitchat about recovering the information from that laptop. If anyone can help, please check it out.:beer:

Last edited:
I just saw this on IG, never seen this setup before and wonder how effective it is.

Screenshot_20231215-121909~2.png

Screenshot_20231215-121921~2.png

It's effective the same way a sway bar is.

Old school gieser setup. It's simple and it works. Packaging is very compact. Down side is extra unsprung weight.

Top Back Refresh