What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Protecting the edge of the finished slab. And to make the transition from the sloped finished slab, to the flat slab on the other side easier.

They just did it again too, plumbers this time. The other lifts will go over it no problem. I had to lift it with a Burke bar, jam 2x4 under the tires, and tell them not to try again.
That is a shit ramp.

Jobsite I was on, the sup was all hot and bothered to get the TCO. Had the carpet guys come in over the weekend and lay down the carpet tiles. Come Monday morning just about every trade sat down and did nothing. There was still electrical, plumbing, computer dorks and use using lifts. They wanted all the trades to provide their own floor protection. All the foreman got together and said fuck you, we ain't buying shit, if you want it protected you need to do it. We'll be back when you are ready. Magically, a HD truck showed up 2hrs later stacked full of plywood. The dumb fucker set the job back by at least a week from that stunt alone.

Buy a WIX and end up with this
ADA1871A-53B7-4FEC-86B1-47BC15EE14CA.jpeg
OE supplier for Germans. What’s the problem?

Barely relatable picture but, shut the job down on a Saturday to add some jib to #1 tower crane on the left. Monday morning it failed inspection because it was within 18" of tower crane #2. Pulled some jib out of it while everyone was on the job Monday. :shaking::shaking::shaking:. Safety people are important until it costs the GC money.
Georgetown.jpg

Barely relatable picture but, shut the job down on a Saturday to add some jib to #1 tower crane on the left. Monday morning it failed inspection because it was within 18" of tower crane #2. Pulled some jib out of it while everyone was on the job Monday. :shaking::shaking::shaking:. Safety people are important until it costs the GC money.
Georgetown.jpg
that's some shoring, holy crap

I got hit with a 2x4 today :laughing:

Foreman on this project is a hot head. Flung it out of the trench box. That's a first. Not much flying wood in the dirt business.

Oh this just pisses me right off:mad3:

If I were you, I'd place random pieces of 2x4 for that douche canoe to find. Like in the seat of his truck, maybe on the hood. Just random spots and every single one I would write "SOON" on...until I decided it was time to blindside that mf'er a 2x4.

WTH happened to that battery?
Positive post is in the left. They shorted the tie down strap to the positive terminal. All those free flowing amps heated the strap causing the battery case to melt. You can see the heat damage to the ground strap on the right of the battery.

I bet the Autozone guy will be a little more cautious next time he hooks up a battery 😆

That is a shit ramp.

Jobsite I was on, the sup was all hot and bothered to get the TCO. Had the carpet guys come in over the weekend and lay down the carpet tiles. Come Monday morning just about every trade sat down and did nothing. There was still electrical, plumbing, computer dorks and use using lifts. They wanted all the trades to provide their own floor protection. All the foreman got together and said fuck you, we ain't buying shit, if you want it protected you need to do it. We'll be back when you are ready. Magically, a HD truck showed up 2hrs later stacked full of plywood. The dumb fucker set the job back by at least a week from that stunt alone.

Nah, it's a fine ramp. It works for every lift except the one the sparkies brought in. Not my fault the princesses don't get appropriate equipment.:flipoff2:

Georgetown.jpg

Do you normally not have people working while cranes are worked on?

IMG_20220824_141013132_HDR.jpg
ahh the joys of hiring a literal fucking retard with a CDL. In case some of you don't get what is going on here this truck was against the dock when I rode into it. Almost tied with the same guy driving from NoVa to Richmond with the back door open and a 200 pound unsecured dock plate flopping about and hanging off the back while he drove like an absolute fuckstick.

Where is your dock locks?
ahh the joys of hiring a literal fucking retard with a CDL. In case some of you don't get what is going on here this truck was against the dock when I rode into it. Almost tied with the same guy driving from NoVa to Richmond with the back door open and a 200 pound unsecured dock plate flopping about and hanging off the back while he drove like an absolute fuckstick.

One of these and a red/green light outside of the dock would slow him down significantly: Blue Giant - Blue Giant Hydraulic StrongArm™ TL85
TL85_Black_May_2021-(1).png

Repeat offenders and idiots get a stack of bins in front of their trucks to remind them not to leave until we say so...

Aaron Z

Why are you riding into an empty truck?

this some kind of union fuckstick operation where a dock jockey rides in and out doing nothing?:flipoff2:

I just kicked a chock near the tires and called it good.

Why are you riding into an empty truck?

this some kind of union fuckstick operation where a dock jockey rides in and out doing nothing?:flipoff2:

I just kicked a chock near the tires and called it good.
There is a pallet in front of the jack with like 20 cases on it.

Also It is supposed to be up to the drivers obviously. But this fuckstick isn't just retarded he is mostly deaf too so he can't hear all the truck alarms telling him to set the brake. He is a disaster that even swift rejected. Should never have been given a CDL much less hired.

I wish. This is a pretty old building and has nothing even close.
Do you have a ground level exit you can drive out of?
A 4x2x2 or 6x2x2 concrete "Mafia block" on a pallet painted bright yellow would be a great deterrent to him leaving before you're ready for him to leave...
Don't think I've ever seen one look quite as nice as this one but something like this would give him a visual reminder that it's not time to go yet: Concrete Ecology Block-4'x2' | Oldcastle Infrastructure
12633_MA_TEL_6-0x2-0x0-2_TMB08_Concrete_Block_01.jpg

Before we started retrofitting the dock locks to our docks I am told that we had a couple drive offs with the forklift in the truck and one with the forklift half in half out of the truck where the forklift ended up on the ground.

Aaron Z

Buy a WIX and end up with this
I would trust the MANN more than the WIX. Half the WIX I have gotten lately I have pulled out, read "Made in China" on the filter, and gave it back saying "no thanks." I have had some luck with in-house filters from places other than Napa (rebranded WIX) coming from Korea, Vietnam, and Poland, but the WIX filters have gone the way of the WuFlu.

Example: The WIX for the wife's 2006 Volvo XC90 said Made in China, but the in-house filter at Auto Value said Made in Poland and is likely a re-branded MANN.

Do you have a ground level exit you can drive out of?
A 4x2x2 or 6x2x2 concrete "Mafia block" on a pallet painted bright yellow would be a great deterrent to him leaving before you're ready for him to leave...
Don't think I've ever seen one look quite as nice as this one but something like this would give him a visual reminder that it's not time to go yet: Concrete Ecology Block-4'x2' | Oldcastle Infrastructure
12633_MA_TEL_6-0x2-0x0-2_TMB08_Concrete_Block_01.jpg

Before we started retrofitting the dock locks to our docks I am told that we had a couple drive offs with the forklift in the truck and one with the forklift half in half out of the truck where the forklift ended up on the ground.

Aaron Z
There is a bit of confusion here. Driver wasn't in the truck as this was after his route was done. He had left for the day but didn't set the brakes. I rolled in and the weight of the jack plus beer pushed the truck off on its own.

There is a bit of confusion here. Driver wasn't in the truck as this was after his route was done. He had left for the day but didn't set the brakes. I rolled in and the weight of the jack plus beer pushed the truck off on its own.
I'm sure you have seen the safety video's of what can happen when the truck separates from the dock and equipment / people fall. That shit can get gnarly quick. If there is a procedure in place and it was not followed that is fucked. And by procedure I mean more than "the driver needs to apply the parking brake"

Of course, that is day one shit, but If I am going in and out of trucks / trailers I would want more. I'm no safety guy by any means but if all it takes is one person forgetting one step between you and getting put in a wheelchair or in the ground that is not good enough. If the procedure is wheel chocks, tagging out a truck until the brake is checked, some fancy lock thing like posted above then so be it.

Ah, so he didn't set them, you didn't verify that they were set and Murphy stopped by to say hi.
If nothing else, wheel chocks are much cheaper than a hospital trip and rehab...
1661444533136.png

Aaron Z

sounds like a 6 pack of them might be in order by the idiots with a cdl these days:lmao:

Our retard ex-truck driver got to our other location and did the same thing except the semi and the 53ft trailer rolled 100 ft across our shipping lot and ran into a 35yd scrap bin. Then when he got the truck back to home base he was out there trying to buff the scrap bin paint off the grill to hide his fuck up when the safety manager walked up. He was the assistant supervisor at the time...

Top Back Refresh