What's new

Stock Market 2021

Someone please explain why this thing closed at an all time high again today with everything that's going on.
Two words for ya':

"HOUSE"

"MONEY"

Federal Reserve, which is neither, serves the big banks and trading houses. You 'little people,' only get to BORROW their green toilet paper.

Bought another 400 shares of amc today :homer:

Looks like ill either be really really right or really really wrong. So far today i was wrong to the tune of $1000

Their CFO just dumped a whole buttload of it, I really don't see it going up much again. It's been pretty level for the last month.

I bought it at $22 and sold at $66. No complaints here :)

Their CFO just dumped a whole buttload of it, I really don't see it going up much again. It's been pretty level for the last month.

I bought it at $22 and sold at $66. No complaints here :)
Thier cfo sold 45000 shares and filed his paperwork months ago so it wasnt a huge surprise. With the daily volume being as high as it is, and millions being shorted into the market daily, its just a drop in the bucket 8n the scheme of things. (At least thats what im telling myself.)

Im sitting at 1900 shares with 1500 being at a cost average of $12.80 and $400 being around $35.

Im thinking/ hoping its got another rip left in it in the next 6 months and this sideways trading has just been it taking a break.

Bought another 400 shares of amc today :homer:

Looks like ill either be really really right or really really wrong. So far today i was wrong to the tune of $1000

1629813927771.png

Thier cfo sold 45000 shares and filed his paperwork months ago so it wasnt a huge surprise. With the daily volume being as high as it is, and millions being shorted into the market daily, its just a drop in the bucket 8n the scheme of things. (At least thats what im telling myself.)

Im sitting at 1900 shares with 1500 being at a cost average of $12.80 and $400 being around $35.

Im thinking/ hoping its got another rip left in it in the next 6 months and this sideways trading has just been it taking a break.
Must have had a nice day today mate

I made a buck early this morning and sold at 40. Then watched the WSB pump come in and was lucky enough to take a small options position from 2 to 5.50 exit

I think it runs tomorrow if market holds

IF market holds
TSLA over 712 has room to 724
AMC to the moon
HOOD over 50 will go nuts
ABNB was such a grind today

But Fed Jackson Hole Friday and I feel like we are buying into that and will see a sell off. Fed should state exactly how much tapering off there will be. Markets won’t like them stopping the free money. And besides August sucks for trading and September is the volatile month. Manage your risk

I will be all cash Thursday night.

I'm hoping that the couple of bio tech stocks I've got hold through a sell off. they are getting some covid treatment stuff going so I think they could weather the storm.

and then to fight the greenies, i'm long on a exploration oil company :D

but, have taken some of the green lately and trying to stash some cash for a drop

IF market holds
TSLA over 712 has room to 724
AMC to the moon
HOOD over 50 will go nuts
ABNB was such a grind today

But Fed Jackson Hole Friday and I feel like we are buying into that and will see a sell off. Fed should state exactly how much tapering off there will be. Markets won’t like them stopping the free money. And besides August sucks for trading and September is the volatile month. Manage your risk

I will be all cash Thursday night.

Im not personally against robinhood but i dont see thier buisness model having room for growth, only remaining flat or downside from here.

Now with that said i dont think any of the stocks im in are fundamentally worth thier current "market cap" but there seems to be reasons it may be worth the gamble.

Amc post market gained another 5%... heres to hoping im out of the stock before i even get a chance to see the gap fill

Fucking hold a boat load of LMT.... Shit should be in the 400's,; my VOO is making up for the LMT shit-show...:mad3:

GME's earning call was at 5est and naturally after a positive quarter it gets hammered in the AH, down almost $20 a share at one point. No fuckery going on here.

GME's earning call was at 5est and naturally after a positive quarter it gets hammered in the AH, down almost $20 a share at one point. No fuckery going on here.

Seems like a dip buy opportunity. In other news Adam Arron tweeted that they are in talks with Gamestop about working togeather.

the fuckery is GME being valued OVER $20 :flipoff2:

drops after positive earnings seems pretty common though

in other news SHLX (shell midstream partnership) took another hit today and is currently paying 9.92% Div Yield. I'm tempted to morgage my house for 3% and dump it all into there :lmao:

100k @10% would be 259k in 10 years

SHLX is looking tempting, just haven't had time to read up on it yet
they were up a pretty good bit today, 3% or so. Annual Div is still over 10%

my current cost on them is $13.29 so i'm down 11.5% overall on the price, but i'm also fine to hang on to it figuring inflation will keep it going for a bit. It is a limited partnership, so the tax reporting if you are buying/selling is different than, say BP, but they went a long time last year without dropping their yield, something like riding it down from $20 to $10, then they hung around the low/mid teens for a while and finally dropped it down a while ago. All that indicates that they are likely still sitting on a pretty handy stack of cash and not overly concerned about prices. don't really see oil going to worthless anytime soon. they've been following pretty much everybody else in the industry, though lately it's been a little bit of a drag

China intending to auction 7.38 million barrels of crude on the 24th of September to help keep Evergrande afloat. In '08 Lehman Brothers was $60B in AUM and was the first to fall, Evergrande is between $200B and $300B and looks like it may be the first domino. Yikes!

So Evergrande won't be able to make it until the oil auction, they are in fact so done right now that they are attempting to pay some of their debts with parking spaces in the city of Shenzen.

Despair is building among unpaid suppliers -- some of whom in Shenzhen say they are owed upwards of $1 million -- as well as investors, relying on returns to pay off their own loans and staff salaries.

This is from about three weeks ago. Shit is about to get real, quick over there.

CONTEXT

Under mounting pressure from financial regulators to shore up its finances, China Evergrande Group is poised to dump more of its sprawling empire.

The clock is ticking for billionaire Hui Ka Yan and his company, which is laden with $300 billion in liabilities to banks, suppliers and homebuyers. Despite getting temporary relief from some major creditors, the message from policy makers is clear: Evergrande must resolve its debt woes fast enough to avoid roiling the world’s second-largest economy.

While it’s unclear if other lenders are making similar accommodations, the extensions will give the troubled property giant room to accelerate efforts to sell assets and stave off a liquidity crisis. Reports in recent weeks about wary banks and ratings agencies as well as unpaid suppliers have stoked fears of a potential default, causing Evergrande’s stock and bonds to crater.

The Evergrande Group is China's second-largest property developer by sales, making it the 122nd largest group in the world by revenue, according to the 2021 Fortune Global 500 List. It is based in southern China's Guangdong Province, and sells apartments mostly to upper and middle-income dwellers. In 2018, it became the world's most valuable real estate company.

The holding company of the group is incorporated in the Cayman Islands. Its headquarters are in the Excellent Houhai Financial Center in Nanshan District, Shenzhen.

On August 19 2021, the Financial Times reported that Evergrande Group is facing a record number of cases filed by contractors in Chinese courts as pressure mounts on the company's management to reduce its debts.

edit. fucked up the formatting

Top Back Refresh