What's new

Stock Market 2020

One day I might take some actual cash to play in the market... Until that day comes I'll just watch my 401K make more money than the company pays me. I made more than my two week bring home in one day yesterday.

That's going to drop like a stone I suspect. We shall see. Strange times.

This is a nice game I play. I usually try and keep up with thing every day but I will get bogged down in things. Not check it till the end of the day and be up thousands makes me want to put down the tools and take up a office gig.

Well I got talked into $20 calls for CLF. At .86 I'm ok with it, well see what the next 2 years brings.

welp, probably stupid

went ahead and sold my whole swath of Ford for ~9.12/ea. at about 80% gain.

why? well, it was the only thing on the up today even if slightly and rolled it into another 10 BP @ 19.82...BP was down ~6% today, so fawk it. no reason for them not to have a whole bunch more upside, even from here, than F did.

probably should have but didn't bother to unload anything else. If US bank ever sees $35 again, or hell maybe even just under $40 I might go back into there. It'd be nice if WES would go back down uner $10, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. they pay a nice dividend, so maybe if things ever "level off" i'll put some in there to collect that. but hell, i dunno.

have a limit order for exxon set, $10,000 worth if it hits $37.5. may pull it and just watch it close the next couple days still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger at $31

tempted by BP as well, dropped 7% today. if only I could see where the bottom is :rolleyes:

welp, probably stupid

went ahead and sold my whole swath of Ford for ~9.12/ea. at about 80% gain.

why? well, it was the only thing on the up today even if slightly and rolled it into another 10 BP @ 19.82...BP was down ~6% today, so fawk it. no reason for them not to have a whole bunch more upside, even from here, than F did.

probably should have but didn't bother to unload anything else. If US bank ever sees $35 again, or hell maybe even just under $40 I might go back into there. It'd be nice if WES would go back down uner $10, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. they pay a nice dividend, so maybe if things ever "level off" i'll put some in there to collect that. but hell, i dunno.

Nothing wrong with taking an 80% gain. Not sure I would have put any $ in anything related to oil with the recent OPEC news.

Nothing wrong with taking an 80% gain. Not sure I would have put any $ in anything related to oil with the recent OPEC news.

yeah, that's why it is probably stupid. buuut, BP at 19 is still pretty low as far as i'm concerned, they can reach $25 before ford will hit 14 in all odds though.

it was either that or do nothing, something got the better of me. i'm no good at just letting it all sit in cash

yeah, that's why it is probably stupid. buuut, BP at 19 is still pretty low as far as i'm concerned, they can reach $25 before ford will hit 14 in all odds though.

it was either that or do nothing, something got the better of me. i'm no good at just letting it all sit in cash

I don’t think BP at 19 is stupid at all, yes it could go lower but I’d bet in the next few years it will be much higher. Not everyone is going to buy an electric car, and there are no electric passenger jets. Let’s not forget trains and trucks.

I don’t think BP at 19 is stupid at all, yes it could go lower but I’d bet in the next few years it will be much higher. Not everyone is going to buy an electric car, and there are no electric passenger jets. Let’s not forget trains and trucks.

and BP is going to once again rake in massive federal "green energy" dollars.

i'm just not sure i'll hang on to it for another few years, but yeah, that is probably a good point. i'd likely be better off actually putting more than a couple hundred bucks into that pot.

happened to pop on and noticed KSS was up 14% on open, so sold my 2 shares for over 100% gain.

now i just need a place to stick it :homer: maybe just cash for a couple days

happened to pop on and noticed KSS was up 14% on open, so sold my 2 shares for over 100% gain.

I need to start posting what stocks I sell so people know to buy them. I sold my KSS a couple weeks ago at 28. :homer:

I need to start posting what stocks I sell so people know to buy them. I sold my KSS a couple weeks ago at 28. :homer:

i had sold most of my KSS a long while ago for probably mid $20's, i had just held on to 2 to see where it went and keep tabs on it out of curiosity. when i saw that bounce today, had to cut it loose :laughing:

same thing with ALK, up over $50 or so and ~100% gain, but i've just got the 1 of those, so i dunno.

Most EV stocks are down pretty big today. I finally put some $ in NIO. If the EV market keeps dropping I'll be looking at SBE (another one I sold way to early)

Tesla has always made me money in the short to medium term. I recommend them if you need somewhere to stash some cash and make a return.

What platform are you guys trading on? I`m looking to have more control over my retirement.

Bought some NAK calls today. It might delist, but who knows. They were dirt cheap so I will only lose a couple bucks if they do.

ICE has been steadily climbing. I wish I had hoped on sooner but it is what it is.

What platform are you guys trading on? I`m looking to have more control over my retirement.

ETrade Pro, if making more than 10 trades a week

ETrade on the web is fine for 5 -10 trades per week

Personally hate Power Etrade platform but it has it's uses on mobile if you don't have the Etrade App(s)

Independent Brokers, Fidelity, TOS. All platforms have issues when volume or volatility is high, even the pay to play pro platforms

NOT Robinhood. :grinpimp:, definitely NOT Robinhood

Buying a Ferrari? A new yacht? A big fat diamond? What is the goal to actually win this game?

What about the tax man, his kids need to go to an ivy league college to.

561243412-JudgeSmails-Caddyshack.jpg

Last edited:
I am at a 2 year high, I am thinking about pulling out.

yeah, WES went up another 10% yesterday and is now over $15.

i've got a couple projects in january before i can get back to working on the car in the garage, i'm torn between just leaving things as they are and waiting until then to unload, or unload a good bit of it now

Buying a Ferrari? A new yacht? A big fat diamond? What is the goal to actually win this game?

What about the tax man, his kids need to go to an ivy league college to.

the goal? entertainment.

for me? to fund fixing and registering my van (did that over the summer) and buy steering parts for my car in the garage (haven't done that yet, but at least i know what direction i'm headed)

as for the tax man, well, depends on a whole lot of things.

alright, probably another silly one, but sold my 10 remaining WES for $15.84 (this was the one i bought several of at ~$3-4 per share and then picked up 1 at 8 and 1 at 9 when the div paid out, for solidly my largest % gain)

it broke over $16 earlier today, and that is at or above where it was this time last year. sure there might be more upside to it, but i dunno. it still pays a qrt div of $0.31, which is about the same as BP but cheaper to own. maybe when this is all said and done, i'll see where it is at and park a bit of cash there and make a little dividend collecting account.

edit: used the proceeds to dump into BP at $22.34. figure there is likely better odds of BP reaching $25 before WES hits $19, but i dunno, guess time will tell on that one

edit: also said fawk it and sold half my PCG at 12.54, which is about a 30% gain and plunked it into WFC at $29.5. WFC pays a 0.10 div, and i generally don't like the company, but they are currently the most depressed still relative bank stock on my watchlist over the year, so :shrug: should have a decent bit of upside over the next couple months.

Last edited:
I've got 10.5k shares in TSNP. Up 25% yesterday and up another 30% right now. Might dump a bunch more in it tonight.

Top Back Refresh