What's new

Start a business for $500

You want a <$500 investment small business, wtf do you expect? Sell bongs and dildos on etsy?

This thread further proves you're an idealist simpleton that can't understand that you don't get shit handed to you for existing.

Your $5000 goal isn't hard if you weren't an unlikable retard. I used to make $750 a day bucking brush and making piles, cash money under the table. But I wasn't afraid to do the work of 3 typical laborers myself.

Ok so clearing brush and putting it in piles, you once got $750/day for it. You're still chasing that work all over, so it goes in the driving work list. I still have the list just saying that's on the lower bracket.

The problem with chasing chainsaw work is that you again need bonds and insurance and PPE.

Human labor without legalized and bondable tools goes for ~$12/hr around here, amigos.

I'm chasing a business bond, I'm not at bondable level yet.

Definitely keeping an eye out for profitable labor jobs is part of this, thanks for the reminder.

Ok so clearing brush and putting it in piles, you once got $750/day for it. You're still chasing that work all over, so it goes in the driving work list. I still have the list just saying that's on the lower bracket.

The problem with chasing chainsaw work is that you again need bonds and insurance and PPE.

Human labor without legalized and bondable tools goes for ~$12/hr around here, amigos.

Definitely keeping an eye out for profitable labor jobs is part of this, thanks for the reminder.

Wasn't once, was consistent work whenever I wanted it.

We were running uninsured, unbonded, and my "PPE" was $40 tractor supply chaps.

$750 a day isn't enough to make the drive worth it? :laughing:

Let me guess, you got a DUI and just lost your job, and trying to figure out how to make rent with the $500 you have currently?

1. For $1000 investment I could turn out 1lb of high-test dope per month. This will take me 4-6 months to get up to speed, but after that I can just print money once a month. Source: 1 Billion internet threads.

Wrong.

Closer to $5-10k investment. Should be able to have a product to sell in 5 months. Problem will be finding a decent customer string without being killed, robbed, or arrested. Depends on where you live. Might turn a profit, might decide to burn it and not care about money anymore. Possible to make a profit in the first year which is good in business.

Ok that's another good self-employment that could net some money. $500 could probably get you a couple of ladders and some cleaning supplies. Maybe even a plug-in pressure washer with extension cord and hoses.

Unfortunately it is another 'driving around' business. Driving sucks up a huge amount of time. Most guys on here have driving around jobs, but if it's my business I won't start spending 40% in personal logistics. It's why I never got into the Trades in the first place, driving is a business killer. I bet there are plenty of 'Gurus' who talk about exactly that subject. Amirite guys? Seriously.

You're also going to need a bond and probably some other paperwork to get up in the air around here. I'm trying to save money for any one of several bonds that I need to start a real business: i.e. not self-employment.

You really are clueless, you act like it’s a pizza delivery gig where you make runs in the order they are received, regardless of location, and then “hope” you make enough money for it to be worth it.

YOU set the schedule, YOU determine how far you’re willing to drive, YOU make your prices.

I pretty much won’t travel outside a 25 minute drive north or south of me. Fortunately I live near the middle of the affluent part of town, so that’s about the range most of the calls I get anyways. Most of the time I’m at one job all day, so it’s a pretty standard commute for most people.

If I have 3-4 small jobs on one side of town, guess what I do? Schedule them all on the same day, one after the other!

I’m not going to drive an hour each way to install a mailbox for someone.

Had somebody ask about repairing a cabinet door, I was in their neighborhood yesterday and today. Told them I could pick it up yesterday, glue it back together, and drop it off today for $100. They wanted to wait until Monday because someone was coming to look at their house. Guess who isn’t getting their door fixed for $100?

You just factor drive time as part of the total cost, the only time it doesn’t pay is if you bid a job you don’t get. Again, line 3-4 up in the same area and it’s no big deal.

As far as the licensing/insurance stuff goes, unless you’re doing something where it’s MANDATORY from day 1, like building a swimming pool, you just start without it. Do a few jobs, don’t spend a dime of that money. As soon as it proves it’s going to be profitable, CYA and set things up properly. Maybe don’t cut down a tree hanging over a million dollar house on day 1, just cut up storm damaged stuff for a bit.

Wasn't once, was consistent work whenever I wanted it.

We were running uninsured, unbonded, and my "PPE" was $40 tractor supply chaps.

$750 a day isn't enough to make the drive worth it? :laughing:

Let me guess, you got a DUI and just lost your job, and trying to figure out how to make rent with the $500 you have currently?

For 750 a day I can have someone out with a machine that will get 10x more done. Just because a sucker paid you $100/hour to clear brush once doesn’t mean you should expect it.

For 750 a day I can have someone out with a machine that will get 10x more done. Just because a sucker paid you $100/hour to clear brush once doesn’t mean you should expect it.

$750 a day better include a skidsteer with a brush cutter. Javier from HD is $15/hr.

HF floor jack and jackstands
Husky or Cobalt tools

Be a mobile mechanic. Just do easy stuff.

Seems possible

Around here you’re not getting $750 a day to clear brush bc some retired old guy with a skid steer will do it for $200 a day

No he popped the head gasket in his 99 buick century 500 ain't enough to fix it.

Op eat a bowl of dick then start day trading, just do that instead of posting here :flipoff2:

No he popped the head gasket in his 99 buick century 500 ain't enough to fix it.

Op eat a bowl of dick then start day trading, just do that instead of posting here :flipoff2:

$500 is not enough to get ahead of the fees unless every week is $GME week.

Fees? This isn't 2005. You don't call your broker who charges $40 to buy a stock.

I worked out the fees for trading when I first got Robinhood back in.... 2016 now? Then I compared it to other trading platforms. I have done this since I was a kid in the 1980s and I would unironically watch Louis Rukeyser on PBS and track stocks in the newspaper. I saw some of my older cousins doing it in 9th grade so I started doing it like 9 years old :laughing: Little kid with his paper watching Wall Street Week. I did that :lmao: I'm a fucking nerd, my parents probably expected me to by hyper rich by now.

Anyway.... you can't trade up with $500. The fees will eat you.

Even though the trading floor is now just ceremonial, and the only ostensible reason for trading to be restricted on the trading floor was to make the market more efficient instead of overcrowded, and digital access means that I should be able to trade $GME stock directly with no intermediary except a public trading platform funded by the NYSE on listing fees.

Every economic incentive points to companies funding direct access to their stock, so the only reason we can't access their stock without a 3rd party is the 3rd party's interest. So fuck that of course.

Then there is the information. You and I are not allowed that information, Michael Bloomberg owns it. And unless you have $15,000 per month to get one of his terminals in your house, you cannot make trading decisions based on information even if you could trade the goddamned stock!

So, no, the stock market fees eat anything you can make unless $GME comes along, at least on $500.

Unfortunately the Noob is correct. In the stock market we are just NPCs to prop up stocks as electronic traders do a million trades a minute.

I worked out the fees for trading when I first got Robinhood back in.... 2016 now? Then I compared it to other trading platforms. I have done this since I was a kid in the 1980s and I would unironically watch Louis Rukeyser on PBS and track stocks in the newspaper. I saw some of my older cousins doing it in 9th grade so I started doing it like 9 years old :laughing: Little kid with his paper watching Wall Street Week. I did that :lmao: I'm a fucking nerd, my parents probably expected me to by hyper rich by now.

Anyway.... you can't trade up with $500. The fees will eat you.

Even though the trading floor is now just ceremonial, and the only ostensible reason for trading to be restricted on the trading floor was to make the market more efficient instead of overcrowded, and digital access means that I should be able to trade $GME stock directly with no intermediary except a public trading platform funded by the NYSE on listing fees.

Every economic incentive points to companies funding direct access to their stock, so the only reason we can't access their stock without a 3rd party is the 3rd party's interest. So fuck that of course.

Then there is the information. You and I are not allowed that information, Michael Bloomberg owns it. And unless you have $15,000 per month to get one of his terminals in your house, you cannot make trading decisions based on information even if you could trade the goddamned stock!

So, no, the stock market fees eat anything you can make unless $GME comes along, at least on $500.

Holy shit it all makes sense now, you're basically just a very well spoken, very capable of self education, version of Arti54an!

Unfortunately the Noob is correct. In the stock market we are just NPCs to prop up stocks as electronic traders do a million trades a minute.

I found a candidate and I should be able to find out tomorrow. Maybe it can start sooner than I'd thought.

Top Back Refresh